COD Black Ops review/meetups (Xbox)?

Petroguy

You're welcome.
Reaction score
Just in case there are other folks out there who refuse to grow up and like myself, enjoy a little COD, I thought this might be a good place to either talk about it or meet up and play some online.

I know, it ain't golf, but hey, a man can have more than one vice right!? RIGHT!?

The UPS man should have mine here soon. I am "Petroho" on xbox live. Send me an invite and say you are from THP. I'll post my impressions once I get some time under my belt.

I picked it up last night (midnight launch) and played till about 4 am.

Well here are my impressions of the game.
Looks...
It looks like a cartoon, far from realistic, but it works. Once you get used to it, it's just more graphics on a game. It does not look as good as Modern Warfare 2, but it's fine.
Gameplay...
Gameplay is ok. I'm sure with more time you just get used to it. The playlists are awesome!!! Wager matches are great!! Gun Game and One in the Chamber are my favs so far.
The servers were overloaded like crazy, so I can't really say if they made an improvement or not, it will be weeks before I can say. Just the fact that there was 450,000 people playing by the time I started (12:25), the system is going through alot for now... I'm sure it will settle down.

Overall, not a bad game. Much easier for me to play than Modern Warfare 2.

I picked it up last night (midnight launch) and played till about 4 am.

Well here are my impressions of the game.
Looks...
It looks like a cartoon, far from realistic, but it works. Once you get used to it, it's just more graphics on a game. It does not look as good as Modern Warfare 2, but it's fine.
Gameplay...
Gameplay is ok. I'm sure with more time you just get used to it. The playlists are awesome!!! Wager matches are great!! Gun Game and One in the Chamber are my favs so far.
The servers were overloaded like crazy, so I can't really say if they made an improvement or not, it will be weeks before I can say. Just the fact that there was 450,000 people playing by the time I started (12:25), the system is going through alot for now... I'm sure it will settle down.

Overall, not a bad game. Much easier for me to play than Modern Warfare 2.

Are the missions on it pretty cool?

Just bought my copy, have not ventured online either, like Bridges my days of "serious" gaming are behind me. But I love a good first person shooter

Just bought my copy, have not ventured online either, like Bridges my days of "serious" gaming are behind me. But I love a good first person shooter

Let me know how the missions are, I like the sniper level ones haha

Now, I wish I had a 360, but I hate microsoft, so I have a PS3. The wife went out and rented it for me today, so, when I get home, it's game on. Gonna be hard to beat BC2 for me, tho. I haven't played MW2 since Febreuary or March, mainly, because I don't have 10+ hours a day to play, so I get owned constantly. This shold be interesting, as I liked WaW better than MW2.

Are the missions on it pretty cool?

Missions? I don't play missions, I just do online play...
Zombie mode is interesting.

I just picked up my copy for PS3! I am pumped to give this a go. I have never been very good a FPS but maybe this will be the game that turns it around for me!
Ha

If you have a PS3 and want to hook up to game, shoot me a PM!

I'm going to pick this up for the PC

Got my copy last night and walked into work this morning with my eyes half closed. Everyone here loves it and I do to but I have a few (VERY FEW) negatives I'ld like to say.
As someone did post earlier, graphically it's not as good as the other one. This is understandable due to the fact there is more going on "under the hood" and more processing power had to be diverted elsewhere.

I feel there's too much added stuff put in for the sake of needing to put "more stuff" in the sequal. The explosive rc car? Absolutly hilarious and fun the first time you use it but it's just not practical. During the first couple of weeks while people are getting used to the game you will see countless times an rc car stuck in the corner or trying to navigate through a narrow hallway.

Does anyone remember Smash Bros 2 or Left for Dead 2? Both are cases where I feel programmers put so much new stuff into the sequal that it feel nothing like the original. (the downside is it alienates fans of the original yet there's the chance the new version WILL be better)

Just trying to put the game into perspective. Will I play COD 2 over black ops? HELL NO, but that's more to the fact that all my firends have moved on and so has the rest of the gaming world. Besides I'm sick of the maps on COD 2.

Well if I play it, it's not weird. :D
Seriously though, I can't decide whether to buy it. I have cod mod 2 but can't decide if I want black ops. The gameplay doesnt look different except for the game modes and I don't know if that's worth $60 to me.

Got my copy last night and walked into work this morning with my eyes half closed. Everyone here loves it and I do to but I have a few (VERY FEW) negatives I'ld like to say.
As someone did post earlier, graphically it's not as good as the other one. This is understandable due to the fact there is more going on "under the hood" and more processing power had to be diverted elsewhere.

I feel there's too much added stuff put in for the sake of needing to put "more stuff" in the sequal. The explosive rc car? Absolutly hilarious and fun the first time you use it but it's just not practical. During the first couple of weeks while people are getting used to the game you will see countless times an rc car stuck in the corner or trying to navigate through a narrow hallway.

Does anyone remember Smash Bros 2 or Left for Dead 2? Both are cases where I feel programmers put so much new stuff into the sequal that it feel nothing like the original. (the downside is it alienates fans of the original yet there's the chance the new version WILL be better)

Just trying to put the game into perspective. Will I play COD 2 over black ops? HELL NO, but that's more to the fact that all my firends have moved on and so has the rest of the gaming world. Besides I'm sick of the maps on COD 2.

The game is also made by a different company so that has a little to do with the changes im sure.

Couple of questions snap. Is the RC car only for online play? and How are just the standard levels? I wont get to play online..

The game is also made by a different company so that has a little to do with the changes im sure.

Yah, Black Ops is made by Treyarch. They made the CoD before Modern Warfare 4, which wasn't as popular with consumers...

Hope this version is better.

I will probably pick it up for PS3 this weekend , I suck at FPS also but it beats watching crappy TV . I went on line twice with BC2 and had my A$$ handed to me ..... LOL
Now GT5 is what I am waiting for :D

I will probably pick it up for PS3 this weekend , I suck at FPS also but it beats watching crappy TV . I went on line twice with BC2 and had my A$$ handed to me ..... LOL

That my friend, has been a long wait. GT5's delays are bordering on absurd. Some ramblings have it being pushed back once again. I just don't get it. It is like the Duke Nukem of this generation.

Working my way through the campaign. I always run through the campaign before I do much else.
My gamertag is glennQNYC.

Working my way through the campaign. I always run through the campaign before I do much else.
My gamertag is glennQNYC.

Campaign part pretty good? Is it long? It's the only thing I will be able to play so I'm hoping it's a long campaign and good. lol

Heard zombie thing was good to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked this up for PS3 yesterday and its pretty good. Really just more of the same. The gameplay is really smooth and the maps are HUGE, and I like the 14 person capacity instead of 12.

My only gripes..

1: Sniping is still broke. If I hit someone with a sniper rifle center mass from 150 yards they should die. No if ands or buts about it.

2: These RC cars are stupid.

GT5. That's where it's gonna be come January, hopefully. Really, just waiting for it so that I can play "Star in a resonably priced car" with my friends on the Top Gear track. They have pushed it back twice since 10/1. Once they said winter this year, and now they're saying Jan 1 of next. I will be surprised if it makes it out before Q2 next year.

Black Ops is ok. I played 2 matches online last night, and went 2 and 11 in the first, against some guy who's already at a 30. WTH?? Does he have absolutely nothing else to do? I still like BC2 better than any of the COD games, but, that's just me. I like that an online match takes longer, has BIGGER maps, and more people.

GT5. That's where it's gonna be come January, hopefully. Really, just waiting for it so that I can play "Star in a resonably priced car" with my friends on the Top Gear track. They have pushed it back twice since 10/1. Once they said winter this year, and now they're saying Jan 1 of next. I will be surprised if it makes it out before Q2 next year.

Black Ops is ok. I played 2 matches online last night, and went 2 and 11 in the first, against some guy who's already at a 30. WTH?? Does he have absolutely nothing else to do? I still like BC2 better than any of the COD games, but, that's just me. I like that an online match takes longer, has BIGGER maps, and more people.

At the end of 24 hours >5000 people had prestige on the 360 version.
Gross

I wish I was good at the FPS. Lol. Seems like an interesting game. MW2 was sweet.

Got it on my lunch break yesterday and played after work for a few hours last night. It's different than MW2 but still fun. I have 3 guys I play with on a regular basis so we still won a good majority of our games but it is different. I got to level 19 last night so I'll let you know how hardcore is since that's all I played on MW, WaW, and MW2. I like one shot - one kill vs. having to empty a clip into someone before it does any damage.

Back