JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
A couple of years back, Slotline Putters was brought back to life by Dynamic Brands. They relaunched the putter company with a complete line ranging from blades to mallets and hitting quite a few price points. This year, they continued that launch with another complete line of gorgeous putters that were loved by many that tried them out.

We are getting reports that Dynamic Brands will not be continuing the line in 2011. Waiting on confirmation from the company, but THP has received 3 separate reports on the subject.

If you are a Slotline putter fan, it could be a great time to pick up a few putters. We are sorry to see this one go if the reports are correct. More companies means more choices for consumers and the Slotlines of recent lines have been stellar clubs.

We will keep you updated as we hear more.

sorry I hope this isn't true Duey.

Sorry to hear that . They have been around for years .
I read somewhere on the net that YES putters are closing their doors too :(

That's a shame. They have a sweet logo.

• Admin
I read somewhere on the net that YES putters are closing their doors too :(

Some people really need to check sources before releasing news (not you SprayTech, the "source" behind that report). Because according to Yes! and the tour reps just last week, this is just not true. I guess some look at it as throw a bunch of stuff out there and something will be right...:alien:

I have never been a huge fan of Slotline but I know so many people who are. Thats just way too bad

thanks for the clarification JB :)

I will be looking for a couple of these putters. I still use mine from time to time. It was the first putters I ever purchased. My wife plays one too. There should be some good prices available on them. I am sorry to hear about their demise. Maybe a company like Puma could pick them up.

• Admin
Maybe a company like Puma could pick them up.

Intriguing thought. Let me ask you this though, do you think the Slotline name has more brand recognition than that of Puma? Curious on that. I think for traditionalists, maybe, but modern golfers, probably not.

Yeah Im with you JB, not in this day and age. But if Puma were to pick them up, would it be too big for slotline to stay as a 'small town' company? and lose what it has gained so far?
Intriguing thought. Let me ask you this though, do you think the Slotline name has more brand recognition than that of Puma? Curious on that. I think for traditionalists, maybe, but modern golfers, probably not.

Yeah Im with you JB, not in this day and age. But if Puma were to pick them up, would it be too big for slotline to stay as a 'small town' company? and lose what it has gained so far?

Good question. Not sure. I think demand was unfortunately really small with the last few lines. Its a shame, but I am not sure people got to see and try them.

I really liked the look of some of Slotline's new stuff over the last couple years that's been reviewed. But I don't think I've ever seen one in a store to try out, which definitely doesn't help sell putters when they are so much about the see, touch, feel.

And while I agree that more choices are good for consumers, I can't help but wonder if the putter world is getting a little too congested with all the companies that are out there right now. When you have a finite market overall, can the smaller players sell enough product to stay profitable, let alone get enough visibility for people to seek out their products which are often difficult to find in stores?

Puma name is bigger by far. I was thinking that a company like them could put their name on slotline designs and instantly enter the putter market in a credible way with a proven design. More people would check out a Puma putter. Didn't have to be Puma, that is just the company I thought of first.

Good question. Not sure. I think demand was unfortunately really small with the last few lines. Its a shame, but I am not sure people got to see and try them.

I just heard this from P4B the other day. What a shame. I think you hit the nail, in that very few people got to experiance the changes they made. For instance, my SSi-691 is heavier than I would normally want, yet solves a lot of problems being so heavy. They come with a heavy shaft and grip that gets the sw just right. CG is dead center and who could get MOI any better? The aluminum face is super soft, yet still has that comanding quality to where you are sending the ball. The "Slot and Line" system works well enough for me to add to the next putter I have someone make, after this Nead.

I certainly hope to pick up one or two, you can already find in the $50 range.

I certainly hope to pick up one or two, you can already find in the $50 range.

This had me curious - looks like TGW.com is already dumping them. Looks like they range from $49.98 for the SL-300 series to $79.98 for the SL-700 & SSI-600 series.

This had me curious - looks like TGW.com is already dumping them. Looks like they range from $49.98 for the SL-300 series to $79.98 for the SL-700 & SSI-600 series.

Thanks for the info. I have P4B keeping an eye on them at a shop near him, lol. What I really need is a couple of their "fighting Lion" mid sized grips, lol. With the new Nead putter coming and Christmas for three kids and three G-kids, I may have to wait for spring.

Thanks for the info. I have P4B keeping an eye on them at a shop near him, lol. What I really need is a couple of their "fighting Lion" mid sized grips, lol. With the new Nead putter coming and Christmas for three kids and three G-kids, I may have to wait for spring.

I'm currently having an argument with myself because of this. I love my Rife putter, and think I do pretty good with it. But for $79.98, it's sooo tempting to get an SL-783 Stealth....

To take a leap of faith, or to not take a leap of faith....

I'm currently having an argument with myself because of this. I love my Rife putter, and think I do pretty good with it. But for $79.98, it's sooo tempting to get an SL-783 Stealth....

Wait a little bit longer and they will most likely going to be cheaper.

Yeah, I think you will find them cheaper soon, especially as they start the warehouse sales. I hope for another SSi and not sure which other yet.

Thanks for the tip, guys. Quick question, since I can't seem to find any pictures of the entire putter - which of the Slotline grips come on the SL-700 series?

Thanks for the tip, guys. Quick question, since I can't seem to find any pictures of the entire putter - which of the Slotline grips come on the SL-700 series?

I believe it is just a pretty standard black grip. It does not have the black and gold that are on the newer versions.

I can't help you there, but they say a Winn Mid size. They picture three shafts on their site, all three are the mid size Winn.

Here's a 700 series Stealth on ebay. Show's the grip for you.

Hate to see companies going out of business. Their comeback was not at the best time but nobody can control that. Putters are funny animals. You either have to have enough exposure in the sales channel to capture sales from people that are likely to go to a store and try a few putters intending to buy one that feels right to them and gets the ball to and into the hole or you have to have enough of a name as a boutique putter line to sell your putters via the custom route to someone that knows his specs or can get somebody to help them build a set of specs. I am sure from my experience in stores that SL just did not have time to build enough of a sales channel and that was clearly the way they intended selling their putters.

I have always thought that designing putters that provided good feel, consistant roll and all the other things we look for in a putter without benefit of hand building or the use of more costly materials is a talent that is worth supporting in the golf equipment business. Not everybody can afford to have somebody like Gene Nead bulld them a putter. NEAD prices are quite reasonable for what they are but still more than many would be willing to spend and reason suggests that one should not have to spend $300.00 to get a putter that does the job well.

Here's a 700 series Stealth on ebay. Show's the grip for you.

Thanks Duey! And it's the Tungsten grip, which is the one I was hoping it would be.

Back