Anybody Playing a Non Name Brand Driver?

I play a brand name driver but I do play Snake Eyes wedges ( 685 BX) which I built myself at a great price and I love them!

I played a GEEK DCT and Failsafe3 for a loooooong while and personally loved them. The DCT still has my fav sound ever in a driver.

Have swung a buddies SMT too.

I love the component brands, don't sleep on them bc they aren't OEM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a pinemeadow Command Q 10.5 Driver and I didn't like it. There other equipment is nice though.

Never a driver but my girlfriend uses a no name hybrid and really likes it, better than the new Nike one I bought her

I played a GEEK DCT and Failsafe3 for a loooooong while and personally loved them. The DCT still has my fav sound ever in a driver.

Have swung a buddies SMT too.

I love the component brands, don't sleep on them bc they aren't OEM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Geeks still have quite a following on the long drive circuit, especially the DCT.

The Geeks still have quite a following on the long drive circuit, especially the DCT.

Oh, I really like mine, jsut something about it at setup and in my head. Sold it along the way though, had an Enzo Zone 60S shaft in it, low spin monster for me personally.

This was my first driver that I used with my 'starter' clubs:

AFDRCUBE460MLR105R34.jpg

along time ago when BB's were all the rage I played a PoleCat.I also played a Zevo Compressor for awhile.
Been toying around with Cobra, PING and Mizuno but I keep coming back to TM.But with TM I still toy around with a 300 series and have just made it into the R7 series

Clam, I think your starter bag may have been a mirror-image of mine. Didn't you also have the 'Inferno' clubs as well?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Had a driver that I inherited from my dad years ago. It was something he'd bought from Golfsmith around 1992-94 I think. "Oversized" graphite head with a boron shaft. Actually worked really well for me back then.

Clam, I think your starter bag may have been a mirror-image of mine. Didn't you also have the 'Inferno' clubs as well?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
Yeah buddy! Those were the first new clubs I bought. I had been playing with an ancient set that some one had given my Dad. I am talking 30 yrs old at the minimum. I did an oil quench finish on them last winter, and a buddy still games them. You can't beat the Infernos!

I guess its not no-name but a small OEM not known for its drivers, I gamed the Wilson Staff Dd6 driver for a year and loved it. I sold it to move up to TM R9 and some days wish I had never let it go.

I have a Maltby Ke4 Beta. I love the head, but I have yet to get a shaft in it that works well for me. I built it up with a piece of junk $20 shaft originally, then swapped in an Aldilla proto-by-you that had been tip trimmed. Swung like a 2x4. At some point or another, I'll come across a good shaft at a great price, and rebuild again.

I play a Hippo HEX2. I got it cheap, and it does the job fine.

made my brother in law a driver a few years ago as he was just starting to play. Used a shaft from my old Macgregor NVG2 driver and paired with this head. It actually feels and performs well. Supposed to be the Nike sasquatch knock off.
lg_sv2_Ti.jpg

Back