Old drivers that stil rock

4DX can still hang with anything IMO. Hell, it caused me to leave my SuperTri to come back to it.

I liked mine too! Still do. But it's only a couple of years old, not really an old driver.

I still like to hit my '95 Goldwin and my '01 Northwestern drivers once in a while.

Launcher 400 with an Aldila NV 65 shaft. Will replace it next year probably. Nothing has beat it for a while.

I liked mine too! Still do. But it's only a couple of years old, not really an old driver.

I still like to hit my '95 Goldwin and my '01 Northwestern drivers once in a while.
couple of years is old when it comes to drivers. Seems driver years are kinda like dog years

Cobra L4V, I love it.

Cobra L4V is an absolute monster... still long, high and straight for me. The only reason I don't game it more is because my Dymo is more accurate for me.

The Cleveland Hi-Bore XLS is a beast as well... I've got one sitting in my closet because I feel like at some point I will go back to it.

Actually never fell in love with my L4V. Hit it good enough but that pretty much sums up the club. Good enough - not great.

Still have an old Goldwin(Viva las vegas style) laying around somewhere....Now that club was anything but boring. Hooks/slices and everything in between:act-up:

Currently in love with 4dx, but hardly an old driver

It may not be at as long as the J38 for me, but the J33R 460 for me still provides the best combo of accuracy/distance/workability. I love the 460cc design with the deep face, and I occasionally still pull it out for a round on tighter tracks.

I found a used Titleist 983K and use it on the range to groove my driver swing. Feels like I'm cheating when I use the Ft-9 on the course.

im still rocking the R7 ..........i like it no need to change really

Think about all the great drivers that have come out in the last 5 years. The used bins at local golf retailers are becoming a great place to find a true gem.

I gotta go with the L4V too. I am seriously considering putting a new shaft in it and making it my gamer again instead of just a scramble driver.

Im using a Yonex Cyberstar CT, it was new in 2005. Still hits the ball a mile

I have a 983k, 7.5 degree with a monstrously long 48" shaft. Got it for 17 bucks on eBay. Nothing like a low flight missle launcher. Couldn't hit it if I tried :)

I have a thing for out of season drivers ( or I'm just cheap! ) I bought an Original Ping Rapture 10.5 with the stock Diamana Blue shaft last spring and played it all season and it was frankly great. Nice feel, very workable and quite long for me. It kicked a Srixon zr-W out of the bag and that wasn't a newbie either. I bought both new but a couple of seasons after they came out. I just tried an R11 and other than the adjustability, the basic launch numbers didn't beat my Rapture.

A cobra SZ440 with a miyazaki shaft, now that would be a fun project:act-up:

I'm still playing my Adams Redline 460 Dual, partly because I'm trying to be a frugal student, but also because it just flat out PERFORMS for me! I love that thing..

I had a Redline 430 quad that was a GREAT club that I could hit a mile until I broke the head off of it. Since it would have cost more to replace the shaft in a 7 year old club, I almost had to upgrade to a 3 year old club.

A driver that comes out now and then is the TaylorMade 510TP. Classic shape, very workable... although reshafted. It's definitely a beauty. Also, from time to time my Cleveland 13 degree Launcher gets placed in the bag as a long 3-wood... it's a beast... and a great option for some tight/short fairways.

Yep. No need to add any more.

I keep seeing folks mention the 440sz. I'm not that impressed with mine. Perhaps the shaft doesn't fit my swing, but I hit my brother-in-law's Knight Walmart driver about as well while I was on vacation.

I have an old Ping G5 11.5 degree driver with the "Blue" mid launch Graffoloy shaft build for 460cc drivers. It's a fun driver and very consistent off the tee.

My buddy plays with a TaylorMade R5 stock shaft, and absolutely crushes it. That club must be what - 7 years old? I don't think he's even changed the grip!

I have a macgregor nvg2 driver with a prolaunch blue shaft that I still hit great when I take it on the course.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

LOL at what some consider "old". It's like when my teenage daughter says "This song is really old" and it cam out a year ago.

I bet I could go into my garage club barrel, pull out the original TaylorMade titanium driver (copper colored) with the Bubble shaft, and not miss a beat after a bucket or two of balls. JB had that in one of his remember this club posts.

That driver really and truly rocked. I could pound that club. Of course, I was younger then. I'm older now.

Kevin

if i had to pick three past drivers, i would say g10, 905r, and the original hawkeye. while some of those arent really outdated, they are from years prior to now. specifically with the g10, if i found a 7.5 with a good x flex shaft i wouldnt have a problem bagging it. right now i personally play a somewhat older driver in the mp600, which i still think is a really good one. probably gonna pick up a 910 in a few months though (;

Back