THP FF Week 14 Thread

As mentioned Team MB is limping along. Lloyd (NFLs 2nd leading WR) has back to back weeks of 5 and 4. Tamme gets 7. Rodgers gets 1. Tough to win like that. There is still a shot but GG would need about 40 out of Rice and Boldin. Good matchup with Houston, but that is a big number, especially based on the last 3-5 weeks.

The good news is that her opponents (Rx & Cafe) also look like they will come up short. So life support might be okay. BUt it is NOT looking good.

League#2 playoffs projecting out to:

1. Staticline (10-3) (1637pts)
2. Doo Doo Brown (10-3) (1482 pts)
3. Callaway Catamounts (9-5) (1505 pts)
4. House That Snap Built (9-5) (1463 pts)

Playoff Seeding Tiebreaker: Total Points For

5. License 2 Taze (9-5) (1408 pts)

Dam, McFadden went off today. Im trying to finish the season off with a bang. I still havent won this week but as long as Kevins kicker doesnt score 73 points I should be fine.

LMAO!!! That is just funnyl

As mentioned Team MB is limping along. Lloyd (NFLs 2nd leading WR) has back to back weeks of 5 and 4. Tamme gets 7. Rodgers gets 1. Tough to win like that. There is still a shot but GG would need about 40 out of Rice and Boldin. Good matchup with Houston, but that is a big number, especially based on the last 3-5 weeks.

The good news is that her opponents (Rx & Cafe) also look like they will come up short. So life support might be okay. BUt it is NOT looking good.

I just can't seem to catch a break. My players are under performing and my opponents players seem to have their career high games when playing against me. It also didn't help that I switched out my defense thinking I would get big points playing against AZ and then they put up their most points all season. They hadn't had a TD in 3 games and last night they put up 43pts! Had I kept Miami's defense I would have an extra 21 points. Oh well I cannot play the what if game.

I think I could bench Foster and Nicks for tonight and you'd still be ok. I have a feeling that even if team MB gets a loss, they will be in the playoffs next week.

As for the wild card teams. Going in to this week it was Chunkylover and Merrimans Tequila.

Chunkylover is up by 2 against Chargin Rhinos. Chunkylover will have S. Rice in play tonight against Bradnon Jacobs and Ryan Longwell.
The win an move on matchup is Tiders vs Tequila. Tiders are up by 30 with nobody in play, while Tequila has Flacco and Adrian Peterson tonight. Could be a close one.
as mentioned in JB's post, CDC and Rx look like they are going to come up short this week, dropping them to 8-6. The Tiders(with a win) would be 8-6 and have tie breakers over everyone based on points. If they lose they are out.

What will be an interesting thing to watch will be the final points scored by CDC and MT. MT leads the points race by only 19 points. It sure will be interesting tonight!

I got absolutely worked by the commish! good news is that it looks like the other leaders are going down as well

Not that it matters, but I thought the team was managed by both of you? I've seen you refer to it as GG's team for a few weeks now.

Not that it matters, but I thought the team was managed by both of you? I've seen you refer to it as GG's team for a few weeks now.

I think it depends on if they win or lose. hehe

This could go any number of ways, it's extremely close.

This league has been a lot of work.

JB resigned during thanksgiving week, leaving the team in full control of GG.

Dam, McFadden went off today. Im trying to finish the season off with a bang. I still havent won this week but as long as Kevins kicker doesnt score 73 points I should be fine.

lmao dude you destroyed me. McFadden I now hate you.

It's always been our team. We have been running this together from the beginning. For some reason people just didn't think I was involved so we wanted to make it very clear that I have just as much, if not more in some instances, of a say in what our team as JB. I think people just thought that JB said it was our team but I didn't even watch the games but little did most know I am always looking for updates and following stats and trying to get some good pick ups and sleepers. I have a FF problem, I am obsessed and I am not afraid to admit it.

JB resigned during thanksgiving week, leaving the team in full control of GG.

Thanks, I missed that.

It's always been our team. We have been running this together from the beginning. For some reason people just didn't think I was involved so we wanted to make it very clear that I have just as much, if not more in some instances, of a say in what our team as JB. I think people just thought that JB said it was our team but I didn't even watch the games but little did most know I am always looking for updates and following stats and trying to get some good pick ups and sleepers. I have a FF problem, I am obsessed and I am not afraid to admit it.

thats more than my wife has done. haha. she just did the draft and never really touched it again. She watches the games with me but doesnt know why I am cheering for __________, then I say...honey, he is on our team. hahaha.

That's funny. I have yahoo open in one tab and ESPN open in another plus we keep RedZone on the tv. This way I can follow every game going on at one time and keep an eye out for my players and my opponents. I am constantly yelling out updates to JB. That's why I almost never talk on the forum during Sundays. I am too busy following my open computer tabs and the games on TV. I am paying attention to who is playing well, who is getting more targets or more carries, and which players are looking like crap. I am always looking for new talent and even after the trade deadline is up I am scoping out talent for next season.

thats more than my wife has done. haha. she just did the draft and never really touched it again. She watches the games with me but doesnt know why I am cheering for __________, then I say...honey, he is on our team. hahaha.

That's funny. I have yahoo open in one tab and ESPN open in another plus we keep RedZone on the tv. This way I can follow every game going on at one time and keep an eye out for my players and my opponents. I am constantly yelling out updates to JB. That's why I almost never talk on the forum during Sundays. I am too busy following my open computer tabs and the games on TV. I am paying attention to who is playing well, who is getting more targets or more carries, and which players are looking like crap. I am always looking for new talent and even after the trade deadline is up I am scoping out talent for next season.

thats is awesome!!!!!!! I wanna type more but the awesomeness of that post is too awesome!

Those that know you, knew that wasn't the case. Just thought it was odd with his wording calling it your team.

My wife is a diehard as well and she gets real offended at the notion that she isn't managing it herself. I know where you are coming from.

She's done a great job to dig up some sleepers on our team and we talk about this team more than we should.

thats is awesome!!!!!!! I wanna type more but the awesomeness of that post is too awesome!

Haha, thanks! I am very involved in team MB and in FF. I love it! It makes watching the games so much more fun. Plus I am a Dolphin's fan so FF has saved football for me because the Dolphins, well, they can be painful to watch. Henne is a disaster!

When Brandon Marshall caught that TD pass yesterday he jumped up and down like a kid who just got a new bike from Santa on Christmas morning. Like it was the first time he had ever caught a TD pass in the NFL. When a guy like Brandon Marshall get's that excited about catching a TD you know that team has problems.

You were cut from a different fabric and that's why you are such a gem!

Those that know you, knew that wasn't the case. Just thought it was odd with his wording calling it your team.

My wife is a diehard as well and she gets real offended at the notion that she isn't managing it herself. I know where you are coming from.

She's done a great job to dig up some sleepers on our team and we talk about this team more than we should.

It was done for two reasons.

1. Because someone decided to say something in a thread about it being her team or my team that I found ridiculous and for the most part tasteless.

2. A few things happened that week that truly soured me towards some things. My wife is a capable competitor and knows as much or more than most, so I figured she could make the big decisions and handle the team.

You were cut from a different fabric and that's why you are such a gem!

She was cut from a different fabric all right. :alien:

It was done for two reasons.

1. Because someone decided to say something in a thread about it being her team or my team that I found ridiculous and for the most part tasteless.

2. A few things happened that week that truly soured me towards some things. My wife is a capable competitor and knows as much or more than most, so I figured she could make the big decisions and handle the team.
Not much I can say about that.

LMAO!!! That is just funnyl

I just can't seem to catch a break. My players are under performing and my opponents players seem to have their career high games when playing against me. It also didn't help that I switched out my defense thinking I would get big points playing against AZ and then they put up their most points all season. They hadn't had a TD in 3 games and last night they put up 43pts! Had I kept Miami's defense I would have an extra 21 points. Oh well I cannot play the what if game.

I'm still holding my breath a bit, you never know about rice and boldin against that horrible texans D. They could have a great night. I'm lucky to still be in it right now as it is, my guys chose a bad weeke to slow down as well. I was expecting a 110 to 115 type week!

It was definitely a weird week. I was so worried that Roddy White was going to put up 40 and I thought you would get more from Steve Smith. I still think you are going to beat me unless Rice and Boldin go off tonight but we will see.

I'm still holding my breath a bit, you never know about rice and boldin against that horrible texans D. They could have a great night. I'm lucky to still be in it right now as it is, my guys chose a bad weeke to slow down as well. I was expecting a 110 to 115 type week!

It was definitely a weird week. I was so worried that Roddy White was going to put up 40 and I thought you would get more from Steve Smith. I still think you are going to beat me unless Rice and Boldin go off tonight but we will see.

and the crazy thing is, even if you lose, it may not mean a thing for the standings. Imagine 3 weeks ago if we said you would lose 3 straight and still win the division. Nobody would have thought that would be true. But next week starts a new season, 2 wins to go.

I'm sure GG loves when the ravens get down to the 1 and run McGahee twice for the TD.

Back