clam fist

Reaction score
I saw a new device on Fox. It is from one of the founders of twitter. You plug it into your phone and it enables you to take a credit card any place. Best of all it is free! Anyone can sign up and take cards for just about anything. You sign up on Squareup.com. I think this new tech will change the way people pay. Dont be surprised if your baby sitter tells you she accepts credit cards. No more excuses from your pals that they dont have the cash on them to pay you back. lol

in all seriousness, this could really help folks start up their small or part time business. It would also be great for charity fundraising.

https://squareup.com/

sooo many things to say but ill keep them to myself hahaha

this would be a great app for drug dealers and hookers... hahaha

and then you lose your phone (because that never happens) and now you've got a $4,000 charge from god knows where because the crooks now know what app to look for... hehe

and then you lose your phone (because that never happens) and now you've got a $4,000 charge from god knows where because the crooks now know what app to look for... hehe

naa dude its for accepting payments not making them. If you lose your CC and someone has this square thing they could swipe your card real quick, charge a few benji's on it and then throw it down real quick. But its still all trackable, so even that would be worthless. Johnny Law would come knocking.

This is a very cool idea. If my baby sitter told me she took credit cards, I would have looked at her like she was crazy.

I was just reading the site, this is actually a really cool thing. Trying to figure out how much it actually cost to use it.

I bet they come out with phones with this built in soon.

Did you find the fees? 2.75% + $.15 swiped, 3.5% +.$15 for keyed in, and the card reader is free.

I did finally see that. So, you being in the business of making money and not giving it away, how are these fees? Fair? High?

I did finally see that. So, you being in the business of making money and not giving it away, how are these fees? Fair? High?

they are higher than i pay at the monkey disco, but not bad for a low volume user. i have seen much higher on other mobile merchant readers and none of those are as easy to sign up for and give a free reader.

they are higher than i pay at the monkey disco, but not bad for a low volume user. i have seen much higher on other mobile merchant readers and none of those are as easy to sign up for and give a free reader.

+1

I'm trying to look through the "fine print" to see if there are any limitations and/or other fees involved. Give me a heads up if any of you guys see anything.

+1

I'm trying to look through the "fine print" to see if there are any limitations and/or other fees involved. Give me a heads up if any of you guys see anything.

I was doing the same thing. Didnt see too much.

This is kinda cool, but for me, I have absolutely ZERO need for it! Even in my business. We can't take credit cards. We either get a check or they sign off on a EFT.

I was doing the same thing. Didnt see too much.

I like the fact that they're not charging extra or separate fees for AMEX transactions. They were a b#%ch to deal with with my merchant services company. All in all it looks pretty straightforward. I might have to switch just due to low volume and annual fees with my current provider.

Just received an email that they have shipped the Square device. Much faster than I expected.

i saw a commercial on tv that had nextel or verizon with the same credit card swipe deal for a phone

This would be perfect for the JB-TC matches.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

My square came in the mail today. It is smaller than I expected, about the size of a quarter. It should make off site sales a bit easier.

My square came in the mail today. It is smaller than I expected, about the size of a quarter. It should make off site sales a bit easier.

Let us know how that works out clam. Looks like an easy go as compared to dealing with merchant services with their wireless hookups. (They were just a pain in general) :D

A friend of mine from high school works for Square. Totally legit, friendly company, and a great product.

Interesting device. You'll have to keep us updated on how well it functions. I might look into this if I ever start up my side business.

the company dropped the 15 cent charge per transaction today

Back