ESPN Playoff Gridiron Challenge

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
I set up a challenge for the playoffs.

This is set up like the regular season Gridiron Challenge (basically a fantasy league) but this one is for the Post Season.

Link: http://games.espn.go.com/gridironpc/en/frontpage

League name: THP Playoff Challenge

Password: hackers

Please use your THP name in your entry so we know who you are! Please join before the playoffs start. If you happen to join late and do not use your THP name your entry will be removed.

THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL THP CONTEST AND NO PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED. IF AT A LATER DATE IT DOES BECOME AN OFFICIAL CONTEST, DETAILS WILL BE PROVIDED. RIGHT NOW THOUGH, IT IS ONLY FOR BRAGGING RIGHTS!

Last edited:
Overview
The objective of the game is to select a roster of NFL playoff players, while staying under the $50.0m salary cap, and accumulate the most points according to the scoring system.
Name Your Team (Optional)

After selecting your team you can name your team by clicking on the link labeled "Edit Entry Settings" found on your team page. Your team may have up to a maximum length of 25 characters. Once you have named your team, click on the "Submit Entry Settings" button. Your team name can be changed at anytime.

Select Your Players
Rosters must consist of eight (8) players and one (1) team unit (defense/special teams) which fit under the $50m salary cap. The eight (8) players on a team's roster consist of the following positions:

* 2 Quarterbacks (QB)
* 2 Running Backs (RB)
* 2 Wide Receivers (WR)
* 1 Tight End (TE)
* 1 Kicker (K)

The listed salaries are based on a combination of the players season-to-date and projected playoff statistics according to the scoring system and will adjust twice during this game: once after Wild Card Weekend and once after Divisional Weekend. Players are moved onto your roster by selecting the position you want to modify and clicking on the green Plus (+) icon next to one of the players in the available players list.

Roster Lock Periods
Roster slots lock individually at the scheduled start time of each player's game. The first lock is the weekend of the NFL Playoffs on Saturday, January 9, 2010 (exact time TBD) and you can change the players around as often as you like up until this time. After the Wild Card Weekend is completed, you will be able to select a new roster for the Divisional Playoffs games. After the Divisional Playoffs are completed, you will again be able to select a new roster if you wish. This is the last roster change period available as the roster you have set for the Conference Championship games is frozen for the remainder of the playoffs (i.e. the Super Bowl as well). The roster change periods are listed below:

* Period #1 (Wild Card Weekend): Game launch (Dec. 16) until first kickoff of the Wild Card Weekend games (Jan 9 - time TBD)
* Period #2 (Divisional Playoffs): Shortly after the Wild Card Weekend games are complete until first kickoff of Divisional Playoffs (Jan. 16 - time TBD)
* Period #3 (Conference Championships): Shortly after the Divisional Playoff games are complete until first kickoff of Conference Championship (Jan. 24 - time TBD). This is the final roster lock.

In order to maximize your possible points for the game, you should have active players for the first 8 games of the playoffs. In other words, do not play any players from teams that have BYE's during the Wild Card Weekend games.
Scoring System

The Gridiron Playoff Challenge scoring system is as follows:

All positions (QB, RB, WR, K):
* 6 pts per rushing, receiving or return TD
* 4 pts per passing TD
* 3 pts per field goal (FG) made (any distance)
* 2 pts per passing, rushing or receiving 2pt conversion
* 1 pt per 10 yards rushing or receiving
* 1 pt per 25 yards passing
* 1 pt per extra point (XP) made

Defensive/Special Teams (D/ST):
* 10 pts for 0 points allowed
* 7 pts for 2-6 points allowed
* 4 pts for 7-13 points allowed
* 1 pt for 14-17 points allowed
* 0 pts for 18-21 points allowed (note: team defense is responsible for all points allowed)
* -1 pts for 22-27 points allowed
* -4 pts for 28-34 points allowed
* -7 pts for 35-45 points allowed
* -10 pts for 46+ points allowed
* 5 pts per team win
* 3 pts per defensive or special teams TD
* 2 pts per interception
* 2 pts per fumble recovery
* 2 pts per blocked punt, PAT, or FG (note: a deflected kick of any kind does not receive points)
* 2 pts per safety
* 1 pt per sack

There are no negative points for fumbles, interceptions, missed FGs or lost yardage.

Lock-time.
There will be a total of three (3) locking periods during this game: 1) Wild Card Weekend, 2) Divisional Weekend and 3) Conference Championship Weekend. Each roster slot will lock at the scheduled kickoff of each individual football player's game. Entrants must make sure their weekly picks are submitted by this lock-time. Selections submitted after the lock-time are considered invalid, and no points will be received. Entries will unlock on the Monday following each locking period with the exception of the Championship Weekend, when entries remained locked through the Super Bowl. Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.

Ties.
The pool of tied entrants is reduced until only one (1) potential winner remains by applying the rules below in the order listed. However, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, elect not to break a tie and instead to award prizes to all eligible winners (or to all eligible winners then remaining after applying one [1] or more tiebreaker rules).

OVERALL TIEBREAKERS:
In all cases, an entry that does not win a tiebreaker is eliminated from consideration:

* Tiebreaker #1 - Entry with the highest score in the Super Bowl
* Tiebreaker #2 - Entry with the highest score in the Conference Championships
* Tiebreaker #3 - Entry with the highest score in the Divisional Playoffs
* Tiebreaker #4 - Entry with the highest score in the Wildcard Games
* Tiebreaker #5 - Coin toss

In all cases, an entry that does not win a tiebreaker is eliminated from consideration.

ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON

Cool! I joined! I have my entry name there as ripper, should that be my team name?

Cool! I joined! I have my entry name there as ripper, should that be my team name?

Not sure how team name works. If it also shows ripper if you do a team name, name it whatever you want! Or don't use a team name at all, that's probably what I'll be doing.

Smalls you forgot to post the link in first post, and im lazy and dont want to go look for it haha

Sorry im a pain in the @ss.

Fixed. Thanks Bridges.

I'm in... thanks Smalls!

I'm in baby.

Count me in too

One more week before this one starts! We have eight people in this one so far.

A few more days left for this one to start! Get in now, or if you are already in, make sure you have picked your players!

Info in first two posts.

Ok, put my pride on the line!

Last chance to get in, the first game is at 3:30 Central Time.

We have ten people so far, hope everyone picked their players.

If it looks like Dazinkster is going to win this one too, I will delete him before that happens! hahaha

20+ minutes. Looks like just ten of us.

(Last bump, honest!)

Good luck to all!

Way to help me NO D:banghead:

If it looks like Dazinkster is going to win this one too, I will delete him before that happens! hahaha

;)

Doesn't look like it atm, I've sucked on both my predictions and player picks from this weekend so far. Gotta hope Mike Vick comes through

After Wild Card Weekend:

1. ripper 105
  2. Yoccos 104
  3. Nuevo_Eph 101
  4. White Rhino 98
  5. coolbreeze 90
  6. Dazinkster 80
  7. Spank 79
  8. Icey 74
  9. Bridges 71
  10. Smallville 60

What happened dude? 60 points?

Both of my WRs combined for a grand total of 0 points. Thank you Jennings and Bowe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What happened dude? 60 points?

Great picks, huh. haha

Saints and Colts didn't work out for me at all. I had them for 7 out of 9 positions.

ha, yeah, i hope you didnt have reggie wayne....

Back