SW

Grinder
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone had a chance to roll this putter? I didn't know anything about it until I got an e-mail early this morning. At $90 it might compete with the Cleveland Classic line, but that line is very good IMO.

1019661.jpg

1019662.jpg

yep, that's the one. I was trying to link the email but failed :) thanks JB

They have a spaceship version too

i-e33.jpg

Looks similar to the Ignite to me, sans the crazy orange insert. I'm digging the Answer style one myself.

i-e33.jpg

I saw these too, nice looking putters. Maybe they make an appearance at the next outing.

Looks similar to the Ignite to me, sans the crazy orange insert. I'm digging the Answer style one myself.

that was my initial thought too. Wouldn't mind rolling one of them

Those are nice looking!! I'd love to roll these and see how they perform.

Without rolling it I like the looks of the Cleveland Classic better. But im glad to see co's offering more options in the sub-$100 range

Tapatalk, it's not for everyone

I have yet to see one but they look interesting and at that price they should be.

OEM Kevin

Is Schwartzel using one of these in the Abu Dhabi? He has a Nike just not sure what it is. No insert

OEM Kevin

Is Schwartzel using one of these in the Abu Dhabi? He has a Nike just not sure what it is. No insert

OEM Kevin

Might be a stealthy prototype?

Tapatalk, it's not for everyone

Whats the material of the swoosh in the center? It looks metallic from the pictures...... can't be right?

Its all one insert but the swoosh is clear and the rest is black. Dont know what its made of though

Yeah, found another picture that shows the insert a little more clearer. It looks like it's painted on underneath the insert.
The pics just made it look metallic which whould just be crazy.

i-e33.jpg

this design actually reminds me of the Oddessey sabertooth putter. I would like to roll some of these just to see what they feel like.

I saw these in the golf shop today. There were about a dozen but none didn't have the plastic on the head and grip. I rolled a couple of 2 footers with an anser style and thought it felt ok even though there was still plastic on the grip and head. I do think they are kind of light, but I like heavier putters anyway. I didn't like the site line set up. There are too many lines and I didn't really know what all of the extra lines were trying to say. The lines are also on the bottom back, no top line. For the price point I think they're good. I'll see if they have any without the plastic on them next time I'm in the shop and hopefully get a better idea about how they are.

The blade is good looking

I went into the shop Saturday and they had one of the anser styles without the plastic on it this time. Rolled a few putts and all I could think is ICK.

The putter is too light for my tastes.
The site lines just don't make any sense to me.
The feel is just not there. Hard to describe, but just felt like hard cheap plastic.

Don't mean to offend but I'll stick with ICK. :smile:

C_ault...

No worries buddy! No offense you're just being honest. It was very click oriented in sound and the ball just kinda clicked off the putter if that makes sense. The other characteristic I thought was odd, was it looked overly big. It really felt like they went jumbo size with the putter head. I wonder how successful this line will be. I want to hit it again just because I have a thing for Nike putters. The head felt light compared to the shaft imo. I just wish I could describe the feel better.

I tried one of these out at Golfsmith the other day. Lately Ive decided to give Nike a serious chance, so I tried out one of these putters. They definetly look very interesting, Id describe it as a high-tech look. As for the face, its some kind of a clear polymer with the swoosh logo behind the face.
The head is definetly very big. The feel was very interesting. I wouldnt describe it as being dead like some of the Odysseys that Ive tried but its also not the softest putter Ive hit either.
For $89, Id say its a good putter. Id say theyre equally as good as a Cleveland Classic (which Ive owned several of), its just a different style. The Clevelands are very...well, classic whereas the Everclears have more of a high-tech look to them.

I'm glad they are putting out a lower priced option. That said, I don't know that I like the looks of any of these but the mallet. They look very techy though.

Tappin' on my Thunderbolt

since this was brought up, I'll put in my two cents. I have one, and it does the job, just not very well. The insert is rock hard without much feel. If you have sparse greens that are fast, it's hard to be positive. It makes my knees tremble over the ball from that distance. I can't wait to replace it honestly. I just wish it's replacement wasn't a $300 Ping Anser 5...

It's a great looking club though.

Back