Tour Edge XCG-4 Driver

Absolutely not. That is why there are choices. We will have multiple at the THP Demo Day.

Guess it could be worse, I could be left handed.............lol

One to add to the list for this spring's new driver quest. Funny, I live literally six miles from the Tour Edge factory and have never hit one of their clubs. Sadly, they don't give tours of the factory.

Taking this one out tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing how it does.

I'm curious to see how this driver performs. Sure is nice looking.

Sent from Jerry Jones' office

Hit them a few weeks ago at a demo. Driver was solid. THE FW WOODS WERE INCREDIBLE. Seriously considering putting one in the bag. That or an Octane

I have the hybrids and they are LONG!! Interested in the 1 wood review.

Any luck with this today?

Got out for a little bit with both this and another driver (Wilson DXI) as well as the Srixon Z-Star. I will have some really good info on this one coming up later (tonight or tomorrow). Had them both on the launch monitor with the Z-Star and the Titleist 910.

Got out for a little bit with both this and another driver (Wilson DXI) as well as the Srixon Z-Star. I will have some really good info on this one coming up later (tonight or tomorrow). Had them both on the launch monitor with the Z-Star and the Titleist 910.

Great will be looking forward to it. This driver is a winner in looks imo.

can't to wait to hear how this went.. the TE XCG and the 910 are both on my radar...

chop chop

chop chop

I am dying for a review on this!!! Well I couldn't wait for the review. My gf bought me one for christmas (now the long wait begins)

I am getting the XCG-4 with the Motore shaft.

Any ideas or info on how the non ultra light shaft might affect the performance of the driver versus the ultra light shaft?

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on this driver! Hope they are positive :D

Damian

I am dying for a review on this!!! Well I couldn't wait for the review. My gf bought me one for christmas (now the long wait begins)

I am getting the XCG-4 with the Motore shaft.

Any ideas or info on how the non ultra light shaft might affect the performance of the driver versus the ultra light shaft?

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on this driver! Hope they are positive :D

Damian

I wish I could help out with that one. I have not hit it with any other shaft than the Graphite Design.

I wanted the Graphite Design shaft, but my gf ordered the Motore. I guess I can't complain to much ;)

looking forward to your review.

:drool: Excuse my drooling please....

Am I right to presume that is a 45 gram stiff shaft?????

:drool: Excuse my drooling please....

Am I right to presume that is a 45 gram stiff shaft?????

This one (because it is stiff), comes in at 48 grams.

JB when are you going elaborate on this a bit more?

This post has been approved by OEM Kevin

JB when are you going elaborate on this a bit more?

This post has been approved by OEM Kevin

I have got about half of my thoughts put together....It will be today or tomorrow. It was a fun day of hitting for sure.

I have got about half of my thoughts put together....It will be today or tomorrow. It was a fun day of hitting for sure.

Arrrggghhh!!! you're really teasing it!!!!:alien2:

Read the mini-review in the head-to-head. I'll have to add it to my list of things to try. Sounds good. Like the head, not sure about the shaft and grip.

My XCG-4 10.5 stiff with the Motore shaft in stiff finally arrived today, Santa / USPS was very late. Of course I took it straight to the nearest golf range to hit a few balls. I took my Nickent 4DX 10.5 with a graphite design ys7 in stiff along for a quick comparison.

Firstly the look of the XCG-4 is just awesome. The finish on this club is brilliant. I was very impressed that you couldn't tell the crown was carbon but when you looked at the carbon inserts on the sole you could just see the carbon fibre through the finish. Compared to the 4DX it looks quite a bit larger due to the aerodynamic shape of the head and it looked quite a bit longer from hosel to toe. It also appeared that the the XCG-4 has more bulge and roll then the 4DX once again this could be subjective but I like the looks of the driver.

The sound of this driver is really nice. Where the 4DX was a solid thud the XCG-4 is a solid cracking sound that makes you feel as though the ball was exploding off the face. And the more I went after it the better the sound was.

Feel to be honest not as nice feeling as my 4DX not sure if that is because I was just so used to the 4DX or the shaft was the culprit. I have recently tested another driver with a graphite design md5 shaft and it is a strong possibility that I will put one of these in or a light weight shaft such as the C. Kua that everyone seems to be raving about. I did feel the feedback from the XCG-4 to be a little on the harsh side but nothing I would be worried about or would stop me from hitting it.

Performance, I wasn't really hitting the ball to well at the start with either driver. What I did notice that on a bad swing the ball flight was lower with the XCG-4 but the ball was definitely straighter and about 10 - 15 yards longer then the 4DX it seemed with the XCG-4 I was hitting low flying baby fades. As i warmed up though I started hitting both drivers quite nicely once again I felt I was hitting the XCG-4 just a tad more consistently with a slight tendency to hit a little fade. Not a great deal of difference but a definite edge in performance to the XCG-4.

Overall I felt the driver to be very forgiving and consistent, I felt very confident at address with the width of the club and felt this added a ton of forgiveness in the head.

I did notice was if i hit the ball slightly towards the toe of the club then the drives seemed to go quite a bit further. I don't know if this normal or i just hit a few good ones.

I look forward to hitting it a lot more and I will update this as I get to hit something other then range balls.

Went to the range again today. I was swinging much better today and I have to say that i didn't feel any of the harshness that I experienced yesterday and I put that down completely to my swing.

Really happy with the performance. I am by know means a big hitter but today I put a few really good ones out there that landed towards the end of the range where there weren't to many balls. And I was hitting the ball very straight or at worst a very slight fade.

If it keeps performing like this I will see no need to upgrade the shaft.

Looking forward to the full review of this club.

Good stuff damo! Nice write ups the past couple of days. Glad to hear it's working well for you.

Good on ya (sorry, had to throw it in there. I lived in Canberra for about 4 years).

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

No problem mate :D

I lived in Canberra for 6 Months in winter and froze my A$# off and promptly moved back to Sydney. But I went back down there for a weekend recently and I loved it in spring. Canberra has some great restaurants, cafes and believe it or not good night life.

I wish I lived over there so I could go to one of the thp testing days and test out all the new equipment, get fitted properly and get to meet some nice people who love golf.

How is the Mashie?

No problem mate :D

I lived in Canberra for 6 Months in winter and froze my A$# off and promptly moved back to Sydney. But I went back down there for a weekend recently and I loved it in spring. Canberra has some great restaurants, cafes and believe it or not good night life.

I wish I lived over there so I could go to one of the thp testing days and test out all the new equipment, get fitted properly and get to meet some nice people who love golf.

How is the Mashie?

it's a great hybrid man, i'm really enjoying it so far.

i guess it's nice that we're both digging the clubs that we have. i've enjoyed following your progress so far, please continue to keep us updated on this driver.

Back