USAGOLFSALE Site -- Legit?

bobgeorge

Kentucky Wildcat Fan!
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone every used the USAGOLFSALE site for any golf purchases? They are at www.usgolfsale.com

I was considering buying something, but wondering if they are legit. Here is an email I got back from them when I posed the "legit question".
------------------------------------
All our clubs are directly delivered from the original factory with high quality and good performance.
We are legitimate. We have been in this field for 5 years. We carry a half-a-year global warranty. If you find any quality problem within that period, please feel ease to contact us.
Any other problem, please advise me.

Thanks!

I dont even get a site when I click that link.

Network Error (dns_unresolved_hostname)

Your requested host "www.usagolfsale.com" could not be resolved by DNS.

Sorry, it is:

usgolfsale.com

They are not on any of my approved vendor list and it looks pretty much like a counterfeit site to me.

Looks sketchy... Cameron putter for 104.99$ for me is a warning flag or Nike PD soft for 39.99$

Are there clues on the site that flag it as spurious?

TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Irons 4-9PAS
Brand:TaylorMade
Was:$461.99
Now Only:$384.99

Too good to be true means it isn't true...

Are there clues on the site that flag it as spurious?

A few things jumped right out to me. Usually cost of equipment is a no brainer such as Scotty Cameron putters.

Their Faq section talking about marking all items as gift for customs charges can be a sign.

No phone number whatsoever

No address anywhere

It was just created on May 5th, 2010. I would prob not use it

here is the domain info:

Registrant:
Tony Ginger
315 Bartlett Street
Portsmouth, New Hampshire 03801
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: USGOLFSALE.COM
Created on: 05-May-10
Expires on: 05-May-11
Last Updated on: 05-May-10

Administrative Contact:
Ginger, Tony golfsales365@gmail.com
315 Bartlett Street
United States
(603) 433-0564

Technical Contact:
Ginger, Tony golfsales365@gmail.com
315 Bartlett Street
United States
(603) 433-0564

Domain servers in listed order:
NS53.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS54.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Registry Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Registry Status: clientRenewProhibited
Registry Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Status: clientUpdateProhibited

Only method of payment is credit card, but yet in the FAQ section they refer to Western Union...

Looks bad. When I clicked a picture for a zoomed image, there was a lot of pixelation. No go for me. Run away from that mess.

They are awesome, they have the only LH Callaway X-24s for sale! Not even Callaway has those! haha

Just read this copy and pasted description for a Mizuno golf bad. It should be all you need to know.

Mizuno Golf Bag #303

A golf bag like Mizuno golf bag is never a better tool to take all your golf sets around the course. You just have to see it, not even to feel it; you know it will be the perfect choice. It will supply the locations for all your unit golf set.

Spacious room to locate all the golf sets; separate pocket for each golf set, even the pocket for the water bottle; durable texture for long useful life; unique design for different golfers, that’s the Mizuno golf bags offered to all the golfers.

They seem to be linked to http://topgolfclubs.net as the "user reviews" are the same (check out the G15 driver for example)

The site & some of the prices looked suspious to me too.

In another email they had told me they were based in the UK.

They seem to be linked to http://topgolfclubs.net as the "user reviews" are the same (check out the G15 driver for example)

Same write up on the Mizuno bag too. These people are to be avoided at all costs, or it will cost you dearly.

I was considering buying something, but wondering if they are legit. Here is an email I got back from them when I posed the "legit question".
All our clubs are directly delivered from the original factory with high quality and good performance.
We are legitimate. We have been in this field for 5 years. We carry a half-a-year global warranty. If you find any quality problem within that period, please feel ease to contact us.
Any other problem, please advise me.

Thanks!
The "too good to be true" prices are the first clue. The poor English in their e-mail response and product descriptions should be the second clue. Plenty of people have gotten suckered in trying to save a few bucks and have been ripped off big time by these pirates/crooks. Best advice - check prices against a few major, reputable online retailers (Golfsmith, Golf Galaxy, TGW, Rock Bottom Golf, etc.); if the price is substantially lower than theirs, be very suspicious. Most manufacturers set price controls on their products and legitimate retailers cannot sell them for less than that - so if you see a product being sold at much lower prices and it's not a discontinued/closeout item, you should immediately be suspecting foul play and doing plenty of research before giving up your info to them. Personally, I'd avoid that site like the plague.

There was a thread recently on one of the digital photography boards where one of the guys found a "killer deal" on a Canon 300mm f/2.8 lens (a $4,000+ lens). All the warning signs were there, but despite being warned over and over by members that he was dealing with a ripoff site, he went ahead with the purchase. He ended up losing something like $1600 and never received anything - not even an empty box. Predictably, the site first gave him the runaround, then stopped responding completely.

The Reviews concerning that website are all negative.

The Reviews concerning that website are all negative.
I went to resellerratings.com to check them out (great resource for feedback on retailers) and they're not even listed there.

i wish they were legit! i would get myselF a new set!

Back