Best style putter for a straight back and straight through stroke?

coolbreeze

Aspiring Golferr
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 8.9
i've been working hard on a straight back and straight through putting stroke and i've become a much better putter, but is there a style of putter that encourages or is designed for this style of putting stroke?

Some that is a little more faced balanced. I would look into mallets or Anser style. However, like everything else in golf, there is no univresal truth when it comes to this. Just have to try some sticks.

I've never used one and might be wrong but it sounds like a center shafted mallet would be good for something like this.

JB or Shawn (sp) mentioned an interview on the last greenside show that is available on putterzone.com by a very strong supporter of straight back straight thru. You might get some info there.

Just get a Seemore with a Whistle neck. Like the Si2w. Otherwise the Si4 is pretty simple and fantastic.

BarbadosCenterShafted-heel_.png_480x320.png

JNR - I love that putter. Super simple and functional. Rife makes fantastic putters. I personally do not like center shafted putters. I feel like I am standing over the ball too much.

JNR - I love that putter. Super simple and functional. Rife makes fantastic putters. I personally do not like center shafted putters. I feel like I am standing over the ball too much.

Center shafted putters work well for SBST putting strokes

Center shafted putters work well for SBST putting strokes

Not disagreeing. I play a sbst stroke and I do not feel comfortable using a center shafter putter because of aesthetic preferences.

Thank all for the suggestions. I have now contacted seemore about their suggestions as well to see what they can come up with. I'm going to guess its going to be a seemore with a center shaft.

Serious value and customer service with Seemore. They are outstanding, especially when considering their price points.

Seemore will get the job done "With You". There really is no such thing as a true SBST, only a semblance of it. I consider myself a SBST putter because thats my swing thought, but give me more than 4 foot of putt on any chalkline and I can see the ark. Try several putters from different ranges and try with your regular ball. It really makes a difference in the ball you try when testing a putter for your needs.

I'm a fairly straight back and thru putter and SeeMore is a great option. Between the balance of the putter, the great insert, and the RST it's a winner

Tapatalk, it's not for everyone

Back