Nike VR Pro Cavity Irons Preview

They remind me of the R9 TP's a little, I like them.

Really? I would think that the VR Pro Cavity Irons would be a lot more forgiving, especially in the long irons.

Really? I would think that the VR Pro Cavity Irons would be a lot more forgiving, especially in the long irons.

They are and more like the R9s then the R9 TPs

he was just talking about looks, at least thats how I took it

I haven't hit them yet, i was just going on looks alone.

Last edited:
Not a huge fan of the looks. Interesting to see how they perform.

I generally love how Nike everything looks, but here, Thainer, you got it right. Not quite as bad as the ignite irons....they were the worst (to me)

Another good looking set... not a lot of ugly irons being produced nowadays

Posted below is Nike Golf's Oven Tech video for these irons. The pros featured in this video are Anthony Kim, Lucas Glover, and Amanda Blumenherst (one of my personal favorites, she's a fellow Blue Devil!). I like my R9 irons a lot, but I may have to test these irons out this spring. I'd love to game the Pro Combos because they look sweet, but I don't think I'm good enough for them. Anyways, here is the video:

These will be in play tomorrow. Feedback coming shortly after that.

The first time I saw pics of these I thought they looked kind of funny. But after seeing these pics I was wrong, I too like a cleaner look but these look great! Man I would love to be a part of THPs Demo Outtings. I envy all who are involved in it lol

The first time I saw pics of these I thought they looked kind of funny. But after seeing these pics I was wrong, I too like a cleaner look but these look great! Man I would love to be a part of THPs Demo Outtings. I envy all who are involved in it lol

Still have one opening Tru

Open to anyone....but jump in on the last spot. I think some people are offering free drinks or a free round of golf for the final spot filler. Do it!
Your killin me man lol Are they open to anybody or how does that work?

Open to anyone....but jump in on the last spot. I think some people are offering free drinks or a free round of golf for the final spot filler. Do it!

Id love to but unfortunately, I dont have much to offer and not sure I would be able to make it to the next one. Thank you guys for letting me know there was still a spot, if I was sure I could make it I would be all over the oppurtunity! Also Ive been on this site for a little while, was mostly a reader for a while, but even though I dont really know anyone here, you guys basically just invited me anyway, and that means alot to me coming from ppl that dont even know me. This site is great, everyone knows that already though lol. Thank you for your hospitality guys, the simplest thing just made my day! May THP live on FOREVER!!!

I will make it to one sooner or later hopefully...

These will be in play tomorrow. Feedback coming shortly after that.

Can't wait to hear your feedback. Also interested in what else is in the bag today....

These played extremely well today. Solid irons that offer great distance and good feel. more coming soon.

These played extremely well today. Solid irons that offer great distance and good feel. more coming soon.

nice jb. can't wait to here more.

c'mon man! that's just a huge teaser. How are they compared to the 1st gen. full cav's? I think they look great. I'd love to see some LH demos at the outing if you can swing it.

I have a larger writeup coming up tomorrow morning of course, but I can give you some info here.

Similar to the 1st gen in feel, but I found these were a little longer. Definitely at the top of a great list of that new iron category that is definitely GI, but still offers the smaller club head. Awesome to look at on the course and the performance is what mattered and they delivered. Ball flight was more penetrating and a little bit more workable to the left and right than the 1st gen and they will be played heavily over the next few weeks.

I have a larger writeup coming up tomorrow morning of course, but I can give you some info here.

Similar to the 1st gen in feel, but I found these were a little longer. Definitely at the top of a great list of that new iron category that is definitely GI, but still offers the smaller club head. Awesome to look at on the course and the performance is what mattered and they delivered. Ball flight was more penetrating and a little bit more workable to the left and right than the 1st gen and they will be played heavily over the next few weeks.

I know you've had the CG16's in the bag for a while now, are these almost as long, on par, way shorter? I think they look great and I can't wait to get my hands on them.

I know you've had the CG16's in the bag for a while now, are these almost as long, on par, way shorter? I think they look great and I can't wait to get my hands on them.

They are not as long as the CG16s or the Burner 2.0s. But not hugely short by any means.

JB - how but in the forgiveness category when compared to the CG 16's or 2.0's?

They are a smaller club head, so that will play a role for some. But I did not struggle with missed shots. I think this is something I will have more for you after another range session.

you know, I thought about these sticks a lot today, and I've decided that I want them! I don't know why exactly, but they just scream "have me" every time I look at them. The video that was posted earlier in this thread with AK, LG, and AB just cements that there's some definite goodness going on. It also helps that I find them incredibly attractive.

It also helps that I find them incredibly attractive.

I assume you mean the irons, not AK and LG ("not that there's anything wrong with that" in Seinfeld voice). AB on the other hand, I could see that.

Back