Best place to buy golf balls?

JRod

Reaction score
Handicap
4.2 USGA
Anyone know a good online store for golfballs? Lostgolfballs is ok but by the time you get done with shipping and such you really aren't saving that much. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

There's a few threads on this already but http://www.knetgolf.com/ does a pretty good service. Free shipping over $79.

They also provided balls for the THP Spring Outing last year (and pretty sure they did for the Fall one too).

Thanks Smally, I tried using the search couldn't find anything ...if you see any of them feel free to merge this
I dont wanna clutter this place up.

I think you're good. It's been a while since it came up.

I've been buying most of mine on ebay. I just search through all the BIN auctions for the brand/model I'm wanting, calculating price + shipping total by number of balls offered. Once I'm all the way through, I go with the one that has the best price per ball. You have to watch condition. I just buy like new AAAAA balls most of the time. Another thing I found out is just because a auction may have free shipping, it does not mean it the best price per ball.

I used Knet last year to get some premium balls and was really impressed with the quality of them.

That said, I started doubting the claim about not loosing distance with refurb (water balls). I initially thought that it wouldn't make any difference but the longer I played the more I felt like something was missing. I went to some "new" balls of the same kind and saw more consistent distance (not necessarily longer). I haven't decided if that is how I am going to go this year for golf balls.

I seem to only buy new balls due to my fear of junked and refurbished balls that just don't play the same as a new one and the little savings isn't worth the minimal savings to me. I tend to buy all of my new balls from pro-shops with gift cards I win here and there since I don't need a new logo shirt or another hat.

Yah thanks alot for the help guys. Seems my best bet is eBay. I can find B330's pretty cheap on the since they aren't cool kids balls. The prices on the Prov's and Penta's crack me up. People pay MORE than the stores sell them for on eBay.

Yah thanks alot for the help guys. Seems my best bet is eBay. I can find B330's pretty cheap on the since they aren't cool kids balls. The prices on the Prov's and Penta's crack me up. People pay MORE than the stores sell them for on eBay.

I noticed that as well. I'm now playing B330RX myself and have found some pretty good deals. I have had very good luck with 4 A or 5 A used balls. The 5 A are new, maybe hit a few times and can be had for a less than new if you do your homework. I'm just too tight to buy new I guess. To me new balls become AAAAA or AAAA balls after one hole anyway, so used works for me.

eBay. Hands down. Do NOT be afraid to barter/negotiate a bit either. What I've done if something doesn't sell or is near the end with no bids is offer them a tad less than what they were asking for the items (balls and other golf equipment as well) and if it sells, no worries, if they say no to your offer, no worries. There's enough items on eBay to find what you are looking for and if you find a seller you like doing business with, continue doing that as well. Always be respectful when asking for a lower price and don't complain if they say no. Also, be patient. You don't have to have it RIGHT NOW, wait a week or two... ;)

There's a few threads on this already but http://www.knetgolf.com/ does a pretty good service. Free shipping over $79.

They also provided balls for the THP Spring Outing last year (and pretty sure they did for the Fall one too).

+1 for Knet. Even when not buying $79 worth of balls, they have a lot of sales of certain brands 10-20% off which offsets the shipping costs. Bought the yellow Z-Stars in mint condition for about $24 a dozen a few times.

I buy almost all new. Academy Sports usually runs a couple of $ lower than Dick's and the big box stores. Sometimes I will catch a sale on Amazon.com. I have had some balls not to the standard I thought they should be when buying used a couple of times so I tend to shy away from used.

Ive had the most success with knetgolf from ebay. Try to still with AAAAA condition

I'm not trying to be a wise guy, but I get my golf balls from the golf course. I found 20 dozen last season. Six dozen of those were premium golf balls, and four dozen of those were ProV1's. I put them in warm soapy water, along with some powdered OxyClean, let them soak and they look good as new.

I really agree on buying on Ebay. I buy a lot on there, all new balls, and excellent excellent prices.

I do that too. I always try to look for the ProV1s and TM Penta TPs.

Just came across this thread and thought I'd mention another option for good quality recycled and refurbished golf balls...golfballhero.com. They have fast shipping that is free with an order of 5 dz. or more. They carry all the major brands and most popular models and their prices are unbeatable! Check them out!

Just got 6 dozen from Budget Golf, including prev. model B330RX for $25, XHot+ for $13, and some hot pink 50 Elites. All for gifts for various people/occasions. They had gloves on sale too and a pair of Biodrives for my son in size 13 (not the easiest to find) for $80. I think the total was $186.

They always have some great prices on many items...

golfballsunlimited.com

bought 100 chrome soft for $150 delivered

Back