What are you reading?

... THP

The Sherlockian by Graham Moore

[QUOTE I've got Christina Kims book on the nightstand to start this evening[/QUOTE]

This a fun read - some of the truth might be a little embellished, though. :wink:

I'm reading most of Lee Child's books.

Thinking that I'm going to star reading water for elephants soon
Looks really good

This evening I've been reading some of the Romantics (Blake, Coleridge, and Wordsworth). I've also obsessed with the Scott Pilgrim graphic novels, on book 4 of 6.

THP,,,,

Tapatalk, it's not for everyone

I was thinking about picking up Christina Kim's book - so RonInThornton, let me know what you think.

I found it very entertaining. I enjoyed her writing style, it was more like having a conversation with a friend over drinks than reading a bio.

I have started reading "The world without us" by Alan Weisman and so far it is a very interesting book. I have been looking forward to reading this for some time as I bought it about a year and a half ago and it has been sitting on my book shelf daring me to read it.

I read mainly historic non-fiction and a little historic fiction, with a few biographies (mostly of major historic figures, generally military) sprinkled in for fun.

I recently finished Walt Disney: Triumph of the American Imagination by Neal Gabler. Great look at Walt's life, how it was shaped, developed, and his impact on American culture.

Currently reading a new one for me: "Under Enemy Colors" by S. Thomas Russell - Napoleonic naval fiction. I'm a big fan of the CS Forrester "Hornblower" books, and this one showed up recommended by Amazon after I recently purchased all of the Hornblower books.

My other favorite fiction author is, by far, Bernard Cornwell. I've read almost everything of his, much of it more than once, which is saying something since I don't read much more than once and prefer anything new to something I've already read once in the past.

Other than that, mostly non-fiction focusing on the American Civil War or the Napoleonic Wars.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.......by Stieg Larsson (RIP)

Still the Romantics...tonight it is Keats. Tomorrow, I start reading Finding Fish (Antoine Fisher's biography).

Forgotten God by Francis Chan

The Three Musketeers...

Unbroken

"Heat Wave" by Richard Castle. Sort of. Fun if you enjoy the Castle TV show. Like reading an episode. Love that in the book instead of Castle he is Rook, which is just a synonym for the same chess piece.

Oogie, a dog only a family could love

Unbroken

How is/was this book? I have it on my wish list through Amazon for my Kindle. Right now I'm reading Blackwater. It's about the private mercenaries that the US hired to go over to Iraq and Afganastan. If anyone is interested in books about the CIA I would highly recommend First In. It's about 7 CIA operatives that went into Afganastan a week after 9/11.

How is it? Co-worker said it ripped his heart out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just started it over lunch today, so only aout 15 pages in but it sucked me right in. Can't wait till this even to sit down with a glass of port and really get into it.

really good so far....starts out slow withthe back story of the main character but really picks up after that.

Blackwater sounds good....adding that to my nook list
How is/was this book? I have it on my wish list through Amazon for my Kindle. Right now I'm reading Blackwater. It's about the private mercenaries that the US hired to go over to Iraq and Afganastan. If anyone is interested in books about the CIA I would highly recommend First In. It's about 7 CIA operatives that went into Afganastan a week after 9/11.

Just finished Unbroken. This mans story is absolutely incredible. Laura Hildebrand is a great writer. Highly recommded. Also just read the Dragon Tattoo series. Very good reads.

Just started to read Healing Back Pain by Dr. John Sarno. People say this book has done wonders for eliminating back pain. Sounds better then surgery and a little cheaper too.

I dont read often but when I do I read with purpose and passion. Stay literate my friends.

alright that's funny no matter how you slice it....:clapp:
Just started to read Healing Back Pain by Dr. John Sarno. People say this book has done wonders for eliminating back pain. Sounds better then surgery and a little cheaper too.

I dont read often but when I do I read with purpose and passion. Stay literate my friends.

Back