Titleist 910 D2 & D3 Drivers

Ya but TC that spin seems super low to me. just getting that up to 28 or 29 would be a recipe for more carry as well.
I don't know CL, when I demo'd this club I was getting an avg. of 106 mph ss, around 2400 rpm's, and was only carrying it around 240 myself. My launch angle was around 9* though and if I had time to tinker with settings or shafts maybe I could've gotten that launch angle up a bit, resulting in some more carry distance.

Ya but TC that spin seems super low to me. just getting that up to 28 or 29 would be a recipe for more carry as well.

Agreed, and I'm typically a 3000 rpm guy without fail. I needed more time to swap out shafts and whatnot but I didn't have it. With a proper fitting, I think this driver could be great. I tend to agree with JB in that it's not as forgiving across the face as others out there right now, but this may be one of the best looking drivers I've seen.

Unfortunately(lol), I agree. I think Titleist has a real winner in this one. They were out of the game in drivers IMO, for a while at least since the 905 and 983 which were cannons. Now they are in it more than ever. Although I have heard that the face doesnt seem as hot, you can still get some good numbers out of it.
Agreed, and I'm typically a 3000 rpm guy without fail. I needed more time to swap out shafts and whatnot but I didn't have it. With a proper fitting, I think this driver could be great. I tend to agree with JB in that it's not as forgiving across the face as others out there right now, but this may be one of the best looking drivers I've seen.

Unfortunately(lol), I agree. I think Titleist has a real winner in this one. They were out of the game in drivers IMO, for a while at least since the 905 and 983 which were cannons. Now they are in it more than ever. Although I have heard that the face doesnt seem as hot, you can still get some good numbers out of it.

I would agree completely. I use to be a pretty hardcore Titleist guy. My first "investment" driver was the 975J, then I owned the 905 (which I thought was phenomenal), had a brief stint with the 909 but didn't like it at all, and am seriously intrigued by the 910. I think it's one of those drivers that it's imperative for one to get properly fit for. What I mean by that is, most drivers we can go into the store, snag off the rack, hit some balls, gather our own #'s and move forward from their. When I was demo'ing the 910 I had tons of questions and unfortunately there was no one there to help me. I think that with the right shaft, and finding the right setting, it could be bomber!

TC I think you are dead on. The shaft is vital for this club. I know it's important for every club but for this driver it is vital. Kai'li fits me nicely but I am seriously intrigued by the Miyazaki's.

I put some sky marks on this club at Golfsmith. I liked how it felt during the swing. Didn't put the ball on the face. The top of the club was pretty forgiving though.

I put some sky marks on this club at Golfsmith. I liked how it felt during the swing. Didn't put the ball on the face. The top of the club was pretty forgiving though.

ha always nice to have a forgiving top

I agree. I definitely think I got the "you should put the club down" look. It did feel great during the swing though.

I hate that look. You never get that look at the THP Demo day, except when I want to hit the club your hitting. lol

Lol. Me too. It really sucks when the older crowd gives it to me. I just feel ashamed at that point. Demo day!!!!! That was the most fun I've ever had demo'ing clubs. I did steal a club or two haha. It takes talent to swipe a club mid swing.

The one thing that I really like about Titleist. Is it always seems their fitting carts are loaded. If there is a shaft you want to try it usually is there to demo. Not saying it isn't true for other OEM's. Just seems to really never be an issue for guys wanting to demo Titleist equipment. Unless there isn't anyone there to help you out.

I hate that look. You never get that look at the THP Demo day, except when I want to hit the club your hitting. lol

The one thing that I really like about Titleist. Is it always seems their fitting carts are loaded. If there is a shaft you want to try it usually is there to demo. Not saying it isn't true for other OEM's. Just seems to really never be an issue for guys wanting to demo Titleist equipment. Unless there isn't anyone there to help you out.

Unless you do your demo-ing at THP outings haha. Seriously, GET WITH THE PROGRAM, Titleist! Send us some stuff to try out.

We need to apply some pressure and see if we can get Titleist to cave and send stuff. Im going to start making calls.

We need to apply some pressure and see if we can get Titleist to cave and send stuff. Im going to start making calls.

I'm trying. It's not only the demo day. They don't send much of anything here for review either. I'm not buying their equipment, gloves, hats, or balls until they do. Plain as that. Not that they will really care, but that's what I'm doing. As far as I'm concerned, they are lower on my list than Acuity brand golf clubs.

I'm trying. It's not only the demo day. They don't send much of anything here for review either. I'm not buying their equipment, gloves, hats, or balls until they do. Plain as that. Not that they will really care, but that's what I'm doing. As far as I'm concerned, they are lower on my list than Acuity brand golf clubs.

See I know Team THP has tried to get stuff. I wonder if Titleist actually saw forum members making request to them personally if that would make a difference? Probably not. It just sucks.

Same here bubba, I want support their lack of support. I know it could be hurting my game but I'm a spiteful fella.

Same here bubba, I want support their lack of support. I know it could be hurting my game but I'm a spiteful fella.

To me it goes beyond spite. There are tons of members and non-members that come here for their equipment info. Also, we have the ability to try out basically everything out in the market at the Outings. All OEM's participate except for one company. They have gotten a fair shake from THP in the past and they would in the future. Until then, I have no love for them and they aren't getting any of my money.

To me it goes beyond spite. There are tons of members and non-members that come here for their equipment info. Also, we have the ability to try out basically everything out in the market at the Outings. All OEM's participate except for one company. They have gotten a fair shake from THP in the past and they would in the future. Until then, I have no love for them and they aren't getting any of my money.

This is a great post bro!!! I'm proud of this one, but I have to say it:

let's keep this one about the 910's.

Something seems a little off ST. I would expect more yardage with that SS

Frankly, so did I. So either the monitor is wrong or the shaft/settings are. We also tried an Adams 9064LS with a RIP and it was a good 10 yards further on almost every shot. The only problem with the Adams was that I couldn't do anything but draw the ball even when I wasn't trying. We're going to give the 9064 and the D3 another go this weekend to see if we can work some of the kinks (grip on the adams and a lower loft on the D3).

I did find it hard not to like the D3 though, even the D2. They book look great, feel great (with the above shafts) and sound great.

Thainer:
Thanks mate! Though I'd also kill for a swing speed in the 118 range like your other posting.
My instructor use to say he thinks I swing at the ball angry all the time as it's the only reason he can come up with for the extra pop/smash that I can get on shots

I just hit a demo of this at golfers warehouse and was impressed. I was hitting the 910 D2 with the kali 9.5*. The shaft was a little less stiff that I would like (avg SS is 110-112) but I did flush a few balls on the simulator that were carrying 260ish and rolling out to 280. I would definitely like to get a proper fitting with some x-stiff shafts as well and see what that does for me.

One interesting thing I did notice is that on setting A1 I was pulling/drawing the ball rather than my normal fade. Not sure if that was in my swing or in the shaft or even the monitor but it was definitely a nice change from my fade.

I keep coming back to this driver. I really hope to get a chance to bang away with it

I keep coming back to this driver. I really hope to get a chance to bang away with it

Next time we make a trip to ATL, we'll swing by Golfsmith and you can. I would also like to demo it some more and really play with some different shaft options.

Next time we make a trip to ATL, we'll swing by Golfsmith and you can. I would also like to demo it some more and really play with some different shaft options.

I really want to do that, I want to try the stock RIP shaft that comes in it

I really want to do that, I want to try the stock RIP shaft that comes in it

We should find a place that has a nice fitting cart (Wildcat Cliffs w/Brandon would be a good idea) so you can try a ton of the shafts, but yeah, the RIP or the Whiteboard would be a good start.

We should find a place that has a nice fitting cart (Wildcat Cliffs w/Brandon would be a good idea) so you can try a ton of the shafts, but yeah, the RIP or the Whiteboard would be a good start.

good call man, we should def give him a call to come by and test these out. I love the feel of a Titleist Driver. and the muted sound intrigues me

ChunkyL, any feedback on this driver from your round? Distance, forgiveness?

Back