Official Golfing Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blizzard warning for us tomorrow morning thru Wednesday morning. Calling for 12 to 15 inches.

Is it wrong that I'm happy all that snow is North, East and South of us? hehe The map looks crazy, we are right on the edge that's calling for heavy snow and ice, but looks to miss us.

Is it wrong that I'm happy all that snow is North, East and South of us? hehe The map looks crazy, we are right on the edge that's calling for heavy snow and ice, but looks to miss us.

Not at all, duey. I wish we were in the same position.

Not at all, duey. I wish we were in the same position.

Lol, sorry buddy. I still have to worry as my kids and Gkids are just East of you. I just got a call from one of my stores almost two hours from here who won't be getting a food delivery. In 25 years of this business I've never had the weather shut down a delivery like this and looks like I will have to drive the stuff down there, yuck!

We still have a foot of snow on the ground here is bucks county, pa (just north of philadelphia). And we are getting another winter blast (in the form of an ice storm)... 1/2 inch coating everything. But, I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I called a course down in delaware (baywood greens)... 52 and sunny is forecast for next Monday. Super bowl party in NY then driving down to delaware for golf on Monday.

Whiteout conditions in Lincoln right now and 82 wrecks since midnight. Seem's crazy when we are so used to conditions like this. Now saying -30 to -40 below windchill tomorrow.

We still have a foot of snow on the ground here is bucks county, pa (just north of philadelphia). And we are getting another winter blast (in the form of an ice storm)... 1/2 inch coating everything. But, I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I called a course down in delaware (baywood greens)... 52 and sunny is forecast for next Monday. Super bowl party in NY then driving down to delaware for golf on Monday.

That's great you can find the nice weather. Just get there safe!

Lol, sorry buddy. I still have to worry as my kids and Gkids are just East of you. I just got a call from one of my stores almost two hours from here who won't be getting a food delivery. In 25 years of this business I've never had the weather shut down a delivery like this and looks like I will have to drive the stuff down there, yuck!

I heard they talking 28" in Sedalia. Haven't seen or heard official yet though.

I have an 8PM appt to go to soon, luckily it's only 10 minutes away or I would cancel it! Another agent who lives in Parkville has an 8:00 in Waverly (that's past Concordia) - - -70 to 80 miles away that he did cancel. I would have too!

I heard they talking 28" in Sedalia. Haven't seen or heard official yet though.

I have an 8PM appt to go to soon, luckily it's only 10 minutes away or I would cancel it! Another agent who lives in Parkville has an 8:00 in Waverly (that's past Concordia) - - -70 to 80 miles away that he did cancel. I would have too!

I can't see getting out in this cold as it is. Liz wanted me to go to WalMart, haha...silly girl. Been to Waverly and Concordia many times, can you imagine the trucks on 70 in this?

edit: I'm checking with the kids right now. 28"?

I can't see getting out in this cold as it is. Liz wanted me to go to WalMart, haha...silly girl. Been to Waverly and Concordia many times, can you imagine the trucks on 70 in this?

edit: I'm checking with the kids right now. 28"?

I looked on the NWS site - - - 14 to 19 inches. I thought that person was nuts!

Wow, that is nuts for central Mo. I just got off the phone with her and local news is saying 22"+. I'm done with this s#@%, lol.

its dipped into the 30s but its raining not snowing here

It's not snowing here yet . . . but in a few hours the fun starts. Actually the slick part has already started.

Its going to be 78 today it looks like so I am going to do some club testing on the course. GG and I are going to tee it up together with some new stuff and see how it goes.

Its going to be 78 today it looks like so I am going to do some club testing on the course. GG and I are going to tee it up together with some new stuff and see how it goes.

I hope you sunburn your arse, lol. Have fun out there!

tomorrow is supposed to get to the 70s! but the forecast says heavy rain and wind
today is in the 40s and drizzly

They've dropped the predictions to 8 to 10 inches here and less than 5 inches in Omaha, so there's a CHANCE that I can still make that trip tomorrow.

Gah,18 inches today and wed. predicted, no more snow please.At this rate it's gonna take til June to melt the snow off the courses!

1-1/2 hours later, I've shoveled my driveway three times (the first was the tough one), and after coming in to clean up some, I look outside and I need to do it again! We should have 3 or 4 more inches by the time it's done. We are at 8" right now.

5" snow, wind 40+, Temp 7* & just last Fri & Sat it was 70* w/ lite wind. !@@%%&**)__&*

Heading back out. SInce it's a dry snow I am going to see how the leaf blower works on it! 220 MPH wind has got to move some snow!

I must say that worked pretty good. Would have been better if there were only a couple of inches, but still. Couldn't use it on the lady's driveway across the street though, it was too deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back