The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think for the most part, those God Awful posts are done. Didn't see many of them today.

I think for the most part, those God Awful posts are done. Didn't see many of them today.

Ya I just don't want to turn into one of those either. Before I click reply I usually stop and think if the post is really needed or not before I post it. I have a couple dummy ones hanging around there today but it happens.

thank goodness the forum only allows you to reply after 60 sec cuz id be all over it hahah

It's dead now Russ, 11:00 and it seems like nobody is even on here anymore. I've been on all day and I can't even keep up with the threads on the first page during the day.

It's past all the Easterner's bed time mate, which is the only reason I can catch up on posts now.

Also seriously, Mr Chirsties cookies? Poor cookie choice man. Has uni taught you nothing yet? : p
1st year is not for classes. It's too apprase your options for when the chips are down in year 2/3/4. Things like the proper cookies to have pre exam, how much coffee/red bul does it really take to jam out that paper and where to get the fastest slice of pizza is going to help you later on. :alien:

lol i say if youre an established member there shouldnt be a timer... the timer i think is to make sure no bots use a spamming script to flood the forum

It's past all the Easterner's bed time mate, which is the only reason I can catch up on posts now.

Also seriously, Mr Chirsties cookies? Poor cookie choice man. Has uni taught you nothing yet? : p
1st year is not for classes. It's too apprase your options for when the chips are down in year 2/3/4. Things like the proper cookies to have pre exam, how much coffee/red bul does it really take to jam out that paper and where to get the fastest slice of pizza is going to help you later on. :alien:

IT was a very poor choice tuna. They are just too crunchy. I'll have to go with some homemade ones tomorrow. I agree first year is not for classes -- I've done a lot of skipping them :D

On a serious note, careful that skipping doesn't become a habit. You're shelling out a lot of dough for access to the profs so make sure you get what you need from them. A couple guys I went through the classes with found 1st year far too easy like many of us, but it became a habit and they go screwed in some second year classes because of it. Depending on your program, 2nd year is generally the hardest of them all. They do it to weed out everyone who coasted in first year to encourage them to pick a different major.

Just like finding the fastest slice is a good habit to form, so is taking notes/studying/getting info from profs/actually going to class.

I don't mean to lecture or anything. You're a smart guy so I have no worries about you but sometimes these things just need to be said.

Back to the regularly schedules mocking you for poor cookie choice.

Cookie side note: When hungry late at night for something sugary, making one giant cookie that's the size of a pan out of those Pilsbury premade dough is always a good time. Again, not the greatest cookie but filling and amusing at the same time.

How horrible are refs??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On a serious note, careful that skipping doesn't become a habit. You're shelling out a lot of dough for access to the profs so make sure you get what you need from them. A couple guys I went through the classes with found 1st year far too easy like many of us, but it became a habit and they go screwed in some second year classes because of it. Depending on your program, 2nd year is generally the hardest of them all. They do it to weed out everyone who coasted in first year to encourage them to pick a different major.

Just like finding the fastest slice is a good habit to form, so is taking notes/studying/getting info from profs/actually going to class.

I don't mean to lecture or anything. You're a smart guy so I have no worries about you but sometimes these things just need to be said.

Back to the regularly schedules mocking you for poor cookie choice.

Cookie side note: When hungry late at night for something sugary, making one giant cookie that's the size of a pan out of those Pilsbury premade dough is always a good time. Again, not the greatest cookie but filling and amusing at the same time.

Thanks for the advice Tuna, and I completely agree. I don't do it that often and not enough to have no idea where we are at, but sometimes it's just nice to get a little afternoon break. I can see second year being the hardest though and does make sense. I am going to consider my options this summer to see if I want to continue or take a year off to mature and be responsible so I can really focus on my schooling.

Thanks for the advice Tuna, and I completely agree. I don't do it that often and not enough to have no idea where we are at, but sometimes it's just nice to get a little afternoon break. I can see second year being the hardest though and does make sense. I am going to consider my options this summer to see if I want to continue or take a year off to mature and be responsible so I can really focus on my schooling.

I would strongly suggest not taking a year off. It's really not a good idea. Take a year off after you graduate. I don't want to get into all the psychology of it, but I'm sure there are some papers out there that will explain it.

I would strongly suggest not taking a year off. It's really not a good idea. Take a year off after you graduate. I don't want to get into all the psychology of it, but I'm sure there are some papers out there that will explain it.

Is it mainly because of the idea of going back just kills students and they find it very hard to gather the motivation to return?

Is it mainly because of the idea of going back just kills students and they find it very hard to gather the motivation to return?

There's that and some others. At your age your mind is constantly changing its opinions and interests, which isn't a bad thing. But in that year off you'll have to get a job to pay your bills I would assume. This brings other factors in. You might get comfortable with the money your making and look at it like this, if you stay working where you're working and put in three years at that company instead of going back and putting up with three more years of being broke and working your a** off in school you'll have three years experience in the field already. Another thing is you might want to get a completely different degree and that brings in the possibility of being in school for multiple years longer than expected. One way to look at is like this, if you stay and finish you'll be done with school and have a degree at the age of 22. 22 is young. You could use that degree to travel the world and work a year in different countries for awhile if you'd like. But, no matter what you have that degree to fall back on. I'm doing this on my phone so it's probably mostly scrambled thoughts. I'll try and clean it up and put something more cogent together later on my laptop. If your school has classes abroad programs that's the way to go. Had a few buddies do it and trust me it's worth it. Haha.

Don't take a year off. Most never come back.

Tap to talk. Now I can get my fix on the go!

I agree, it's hard to go back. I went back at age 42 after graduating the first time at age 20. But not easy.

Alright, who went name changing on us? I see Bullfrog41775 in a bunch of posts and I know I have never seen that name before. Someone is playing tricks on us!

Its raining sideways. Sucks.

Alright, who went name changing on us? I see Bullfrog41775 in a bunch of posts and I know I have never seen that name before. Someone is playing tricks on us!

I think JT changed his name. Just went and looked and recognized the avatar. Then looked at posts.

There's that and some others. At your age your mind is constantly changing its opinions and interests, which isn't a bad thing. But in that year off you'll have to get a job to pay your bills I would assume. This brings other factors in. You might get comfortable with the money your making and look at it like this, if you stay working where you're working and put in three years at that company instead of going back and putting up with three more years of being broke and working your a** off in school you'll have three years experience in the field already. Another thing is you might want to get a completely different degree and that brings in the possibility of being in school for multiple years longer than expected. One way to look at is like this, if you stay and finish you'll be done with school and have a degree at the age of 22. 22 is young. You could use that degree to travel the world and work a year in different countries for awhile if you'd like. But, no matter what you have that degree to fall back on. I'm doing this on my phone so it's probably mostly scrambled thoughts. I'll try and clean it up and put something more cogent together later on my laptop. If your school has classes abroad programs that's the way to go. Had a few buddies do it and trust me it's worth it. Haha.

I agree but with a job that i'd take there is no way i'd be able to make a living from, so I'd almost be forced back to school. We will see though I have a lot of time to think about it.

On another note, the "Which Pro Do You Look Like Thread" got me thinking. I don't look like a pro but everyone always comes up to me and says I look exacty like either one of these guys, I always shrugged it off until I just looked. I have to say WOW, I look really close to the both of them.

stifler-tll-andy-roddick.jpg

Put me right in the middle there I look almost identical.

Don't look like Stifler, but that's what everybody called me in school. I use to love to party and f*** with people. Served up quite a few pale ales and what not. Good times.

Thats awesome man! I provide pales all the time!

Don't look like Stifler, but that's what everybody called me in school. I use to love to party and f*** with people. Served up quite a few pale ales and what not. Good times.

my buddys a pro skater and his new board is coming out
im gonna weasel one off of him before they hit the shops hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back