Callaway Razr X Irons - All Lines

Something I've always wanted to do... They are practically brand spanking new. Almost too good to turn down at almost half price. Is it possible to get loft and lie adjusted after buying them? Cart before the horse I know but I really liked the feel of them. Suppose buying them then getting fit for them Would be a waste of time. New shaft and grips would cost me what I'd saved by buying them.

Something I've always wanted to do... They are practically brand spanking new. Almost too good to turn down at almost half price. Is it possible to get loft and lie adjusted after buying them? Cart before the horse I know but I really liked the feel of them. Suppose buying them then getting fit for them Would be a waste of time. New shaft and grips would cost me what I'd saved by buying them.

You can send them off to Callaway and have them adjusted. But if you did find out that you needed new shafts and grips, then yeah, you're not going to be saving that much money in the long run.

I want the forged. Really though, I didn't like the looks and name at first. Funny how everything changes once you get to hit them. I really want to see what these do outside.

I want the forged. Really though, I didn't like the looks and name at first. Funny how everything changes once you get to hit them. I really want to see what these do outside.

the x tours are better IMHO

Now more than ever I'm excited about demo'ing some of these iron offerings.

I just couldn't get behind them for some reason. I just need more time methinks.

the x tours are better IMHO

Dude so excited for you!!!!!!!!!! It's gonna be an experience my friend.

I bet you are man! I cant wait to see what you pick to play

I never played the Sumos, so I cannot compare them, but I liked the Razr X irons quite a bit. However I am guessing since they are 2nd hand, they would not be fit for you. I would strongly recommended going through a fitting as a mid-capper and getting both shafts and lenth and lie adjusted properly before purchasing anything.

Took them to my local pro today. Told him my predicament... He tested out my swing with them on a launch monitor. Shaft is perfect, grips perfect. Slight adjudtment of .75 degree upright to be made which he said is not a problem for him to do. Getting a fantastic deal on brand new irons custom fitted for 3/4 of the off the shelf price. Irons have only been available here for 2 weeks. Got to love my colleague, played two rounds with them and made his mind up he didn't like them. Played my second round with them today before going to the pro shop. Absolutely fantastic feel off them on well struck shots. Feel like I've won the lottery hahahaha

I took a couple swings with the RAZR Tour 8 iron a few days ago. They have the usual great Callaway feel and they look great. I think the Tour looks quite a bit better then the regular RAZR line. Couldnt tell distance but Im betting it was good.

I took a couple swings with the RAZR Tour 8 iron a few days ago. They have the usual great Callaway feel and they look great. I think the Tour looks quite a bit better then the regular RAZR line. Couldnt tell distance but Im betting it was good.

I agree that the tour look sbetter than the regular. I would also assume the distance was good considering they are strong lofted. But, I dont want to take anythingaway from the tours because they do feel wonderful

The RAZR X Forged have a great look, feel, and the ball flight and spin are excellent. I'd have no problem bagging and playing these irons.

I love my X-18's. I have yet to hit the Razr, but would like to try them to compare. I'd also like to hit the new Taylormade 2.0 burner irons.

So right now I'm hardcore researching/pondering/staring at pictures of the Razr Hawk Tour irons. These irons have my attention for quite a few reasons. First, they are similarly lofted to my 2.0's in the scoring irons (8-PW). I like the distance I'm getting out of those irons and I think that these will offer a fairly seamless transitions. Next, from about everything I've read, they offer a considerable amount of forgiveness for an iron in their class. Lastly, I think that the sharper leading edge (less bounce) will do wonders for me.

After reading JB's write up in the TP CB thread today my mind was racing. So my question is this: these irons offer stronger lofts, they offer minimal offset and sleeker top-lines and thinner soles, and they seem to be fairly forgiving. Why are they not are more people's radars?

So right now I'm hardcore researching/pondering/staring at pictures of the Razr Hawk Tour irons. These irons have my attention for quite a few reasons. First, they are similarly lofted to my 2.0's in the scoring irons (8-PW). I like the distance I'm getting out of those irons and I think that these will offer a fairly seamless transitions. Next, from about everything I've read, they offer a considerable amount of forgiveness for an iron in their class. Lastly, I think that the sharper leading edge (less bounce) will do wonders for me.

After reading JB's write up in the TP CB thread today my mind was racing. So my question is this: these irons offer stronger lofts, they offer minimal offset and sleeker top-lines and thinner soles, and they seem to be fairly forgiving. Why are they not are more people's radars?

That is a great question and I think it boils down to marketing. Because lets face it, outside of the drivers and their recent ad wars, what Callaway clubs are on people radar. Its a shame really because they are putting out some of teh best stuff they ever have right now.

Nice looking clubs. I'm definitely a fan of the Forged set!

I have to say the tours are on my radar if I was looking for new irons. I looked at both the Razr's and the Razr tours yesterday and loved the feel of the Razr tours. The Razr's I did not like the look of, and while I'm definatly not the against offset guy, they had some crazy looking offset to my eye, more than I have seen in any other iron really. The Razr tour irons looked great, felt great at impact, but seemed a little light. I don't know why and I have not data to back this up but they just seemed really light over all.

I think JB is right, outside of the drivers, theyre just getting outmarketed. There is almost no buzz about the Razr X irons at all. I took a good look at the Tours and they are a great looking club. And I know they hit well too.

A big question for me is then why are they getting out marketed? Are they willing to sell less irons to try to sell more drivers? Advertsing budget not like it used to be with all the financial issues they've had lately?

I think JB is right, outside of the drivers, theyre just getting outmarketed. There is almost no buzz about the Razr X irons at all. I took a good look at the Tours and they are a great looking club. And I know they hit well too.

That is a great question and I think it boils down to marketing. Because lets face it, outside of the drivers and their recent ad wars, what Callaway clubs are on people radar. Its a shame really because they are putting out some of teh best stuff they ever have right now.

I think you are right on here JB, but it begs to ask the question, why are they not marketing them. I do see the occasional add on television but it doesn't really have a lasting impact.

What are your thoughts on the Razr Tours?

I have to say the tours are on my radar if I was looking for new irons. I looked at both the Razr's and the Razr tours yesterday and loved the feel of the Razr tours. The Razr's I did not like the look of, and while I'm definatly not the against offset guy, they had some crazy looking offset to my eye, more than I have seen in any other iron really. The Razr tour irons looked great, felt great at impact, but seemed a little light. I don't know why and I have not data to back this up but they just seemed really light over all.

THat is interesting cool. I know that they have one of the heavier heads on the market and I'm sure what you demo'd had the R300 or S300 shaft in it (those are stock shafts) and neither of those are terribly light weight. Maybe they're just well balanced or something? DId you happen to get the Tours on the launch monitor or in a sim?

Sucks too. I love the way that they look, especially behind the ball. They've got me seriously intrigued.

A big question for me is then why are they getting out marketed? Are they willing to sell less irons to try to sell more drivers? Advertsing budget not like it used to be with all the financial issues they've had lately?

I wish I had the answer to that.

I think you are right on here JB, but it begs to ask the question, why are they not marketing them. I do see the occasional add on television but it doesn't really have a lasting impact.

What are your thoughts on the Razr Tours?

THat is interesting cool. I know that they have one of the heavier heads on the market and I'm sure what you demo'd had the R300 or S300 shaft in it (those are stock shafts) and neither of those are terribly light weight. Maybe they're just well balanced or something? DId you happen to get the Tours on the launch monitor or in a sim?

Sucks too. I love the way that they look, especially behind the ball. They've got me seriously intrigued.

I like hte irons quite a bit. Very good.

As to the marketing, that would be a question for a different person I think. I mean they have been out marketed for a while, especially to certain demographics, but they have also been pretty dominant at times. Time will tell with this line as the months of April and May come together.

I suppose you are right JB, the golf season really is just getting underway for many of us. April and May will be interesting to watch as an interested consumer.

I only hit them in the golftown sim which is by no means a sim or a launch monitor so I was not looking at numbers just the feel. The only Razr tours they had in lefty were with the R300 which is to weak for me, but the first thing I thought of when I picked up the club is wow this is light. My guess is your right and it just has the right balance or even just a different balance than other irons I have played recently, but either way I really liked them, even with tape on the face. I did not like the Razr's, not in looks, and the offset just seemed crazy, and this is from a guy who played 2.0s and now Di11's. There might be less offset than it looks but it just didn't suit my eye. Has anyone else found this?

I only hit them in the golftown sim which is by no means a sim or a launch monitor so I was not looking at numbers just the feel. The only Razr tours they had in lefty were with the R300 which is to weak for me, but the first thing I thought of when I picked up the club is wow this is light. My guess is your right and it just has the right balance or even just a different balance than other irons I have played recently, but either way I really liked them, even with tape on the face. I did not like the Razr's, not in looks, and the offset just seemed crazy, and this is from a guy who played 2.0s and now Di11's. There might be less offset than it looks but it just didn't suit my eye. Has anyone else found this?

Yeah, that makes sense cool. I'm glad to hear that you liked the Tours though. I think that the Razr's do have a lot of noticeable offset, particularly in a day and age when other companies are trying to disguise that sort of thing.

I think the marketing is the only reasoning these irons havent taken off in terms of sales. When the 2.0 was released the commercial and print ads were everywhere "Unstoppable 8" was the buzz phrase. I went in and hit them on release day at a local shop, every employee was wearing TM Hats and Shirts with the 2.0's on display everywhere and a 20 minute wait to hit them, and this was on a weekday!

Transistion to the Razr Hawks, I've seen maybe two commercials for them, both were the same Els commercial. Comparitively I also saw several more Adams Idea Forged Iron commercials within the same time frame. Same golf store on a visit, no mention of the Razr Hawk line outside of the driver, which was only featured in an printed ad on the door regarding the "sheep" commercial. I think Callaway has a serious contender with this line though to be honest I've only hit in a sim with a standard 6I demo club, but TM is bringing it to another level with the marketing within the iron category. Not that Callaway can't compete because we all saw their rebuttal to the paint on the R11, and those ads were top notch marketing.

Back