I only disagree to the return being Mack level. 2 reasons being, Ramsey is avoidable on the field, you have other options to target not being covered by him. Mack on the other hand is generally 8-10 feet away from a QB at the snap, which means you HAVE to have a guy taking him out of the play (if you can).

The other being past production levels on the respective player's ends v. The amount of off field noise it brings. A win now team that knows he is skating when his contract is up, sure. If you just want the rings, sacrifice the future a hair. Injust have trouble coughing up those assets and cash to a DB. (Defensive back, not D-bag. Although either might apply depending on your view.)

You can run away and roll QBs away from a front 7 player. If you couldn't, Donald, Watt, Mack and others would have a lot more super bowl rings. Yes you can throw away from a top tier CB, but at the same time, they can eliminate top weapons (see Nuke this past weekend). Either position needs to be game planned against and any time you can have a top 10 defensive player in the league, it's hard to pass them up.

The funny thing about players like Jalen Ramsey is he has a better chance than not of being broke within 5 years of retiring from the NFL. Adrian Peterson is just the latest example of an NFL player who made over $100 million and is struggling financially.

The funny thing about players like Jalen Ramsey is he has a better chance than not of being broke within 5 years of retiring from the NFL. Adrian Peterson is just the latest example of an NFL player who made over $100 million and is struggling financially.
That’s truly sad about AP. I could probably spend that much money if I thought the river would never run dry, but I’m honestly not sure how. Most of us have never seen a payday like some of these guys get, or the expenses they have, but I have to believe that there are a lot of people who would never be struggling after some of the rookie contracts even. Hard to say when I’ve never been there and without knowing the situation I feel like I shouldn’t judge, still am though. A little bit anyway.

That’s truly sad about AP. I could probably spend that much money if I thought the river would never run dry, but I’m honestly not sure how. Most of us have never seen a payday like some of these guys get, or the expenses they have, but I have to believe that there are a lot of people who would never be struggling after some of the rookie contracts even. Hard to say when I’ve never been there and without knowing the situation I feel like I shouldn’t judge, still am though. A little bit anyway.

It’s hard to feel any sympathy for someone who pisses away that much money but it’s the norm among NFL and NBA players.

It’s hard to feel any sympathy for someone who pisses away that much money but it’s the norm among NFL and NBA players.

It has to be easier to spend in that lifestyle, around other young rich guys/girls whatever. But that is still a ton of money to blow through. I know Tyson blew through like 300 million, I don’t know how. Tigers are cool and I’m sure expensive but they can’t cost that much, even if you’re dumb enough to buy one or three. I was a fan, am a fan of AP, I just can’t wrap my mind around those numbers.

Must be those $2.2 million watches they wear while playing... haha

As Patrick Ewing once said: “Sure, NBA players make a lot of money, but we spend a lot too”

Wow, that dude in NE now is one POS. SI digging up stuff left and right. Be shocked if he played this weekend, or for that matter maybe this year. He's got a lot of explaining to do. Classy dude.

Saw an article today that noted the Steelers have ten (10) first-round picks on the defensive side of the ball. Some were acquired, and not every first-rounder pans out - not all of these are starters - but lack of talent can no longer be an excuse.

Homegrown:
Cam Heyward
Bud Dupree
TJ Watt
Devin Bush
Artie Burns
Terrell Edmunds

Imports:
Tyson Alualu
Mark Barron
Joe Haden
Minkah Fitzpatrick

Saw an article today that noted the Steelers have ten (10) first-round picks on the defensive side of the ball. Some were acquired, and not every first-rounder pans out - not all of these are starters - but lack of talent can no longer be an excuse.

Homegrown:
Cam Heyward
Bud Dupree
TJ Watt
Devin Bush
Artie Burns
Terrell Edmunds

Imports:
Tyson Alualu
Mark Barron
Joe Haden
Minkah Fitzpatrick

It’s never been a talent issue. It’s an outdated scheme issue

anybody here want to play for the Jets?
All we need is a couple corners, a couple line backers , an end pass rusher or two, a QB, another receiver, a tight end and 3 offensive linemen. And oh yea...a head coach and a new owner.
I mean really folks…..we are right there on the cusp of almost being an NFL team. How can you turn this down?

Homegrown:
Cam Heyward
Bud Dupree
TJ Watt
Devin Bush
Artie Burns
Terrell Edmunds

Imports:
Tyson Alualu
Mark Barron
Joe Haden
Minkah Fitzpatrick

I like your enthusiasm but a few of those names have been major misses as first rounders.... DuPree hasn’t lived up to the hype and will be gone after this his 5th and final year of his rookie contract; or will be extended well below the $10mm he’s getting this season. Burns will be gone after his rookie deal gets to team option... he’s playing special teams and was drafted to be their cover corner.... bust!

Edmonds was a 1 but was a stretch or reach pick as he was projected 3rd... Steelers took to fill a need.... to early to tell... Same with Bush... traded up for an undersized ILB for a 3-4 scheme because he can run.... did you see his coverage against Seattle’s 6’6” unknown TE? Too early to tell.

Alíalo and Haden are decent performers... not in their prime and Barrón and Fitzpatrick are still TBD...

Scheme & coaching matter and when you have a Safety scrambling to cover a back in motion to the strong side and you ILB intended cover is the TE who he’s not lined up over and those 2 defenders almost knock into each other trying to get around their coverage responsibility the scheme isn’t working IMO.

I like your enthusiasm but a few of those names have been major misses as first rounders.... DuPree hasn’t lived up to the hype and will be gone after this his 5th and final year of his rookie contract; or will be extended well below the $10mm he’s getting this season. Burns will be gone after his rookie deal gets to team option... he’s playing special teams and was drafted to be their cover corner.... bust!

Edmonds was a 1 but was a stretch or reach pick as he was projected 3rd... Steelers took to fill a need.... to early to tell... Same with Bush... traded up for an undersized ILB for a 3-4 scheme because he can run.... did you see his coverage against Seattle’s 6’6” unknown TE? Too early to tell.

Alíalo and Haden are decent performers... not in their prime and Barrón and Fitzpatrick are still TBD...

Scheme & coaching matter and when you have a Safety scrambling to cover a back in motion to the strong side and you ILB intended cover is the TE who he’s not lined up over and those 2 defenders almost knock into each other trying to get around their coverage responsibility the scheme isn’t working IMO.

When you continually have Vince Williams matched up on a receiver it’s probably time to rethink how you’re doing things. #fireButler

Calling it now - Browns upset the Rams 24-17 on Sunday night football this weekend. Offense clicks and Myles Garrett continues to be an absolute terror. Who’s with me?

Homegrown:
Cam Heyward
Bud Dupree
TJ Watt
Devin Bush
Artie Burns
Terrell Edmunds

Imports:
Tyson Alualu
Mark Barron
Joe Haden
Minkah Fitzpatrick

You spelled Artie Burned wrong :sneaky:

Must be those $2.2 million watches they wear while playing... haha
It was a FAKE!!! shocking!

Wow, that dude in NE now is one POS. SI digging up stuff left and right. Be shocked if he played this weekend, or for that matter maybe this year. He's got a lot of explaining to do. Classy dude.
Yes AB is a Major Ahole but that is nothing new and like I said and @Stemmy66 even agreed If he was cut tomorrow he would be resigned Immediately.
Where was all this info when he signed his deal with Oakland?? Pittsburgh should have some explaining to do for allowing this to go on so long there but Mike Tomlin is a Joke of coach who obviously enabled AB and all his shenanigans.

Calling it now - Browns upset the Rams 24-17 on Sunday night football this weekend. Offense clicks and Myles Garrett continues to be an absolute terror. Who’s with me?

Stop smoking whatever your smoking I think the Browns get smacked back to reality against a Veteran team that knows how to win.

----

Is anyone taking the Jets or Dolphins this week? I think it's crazy there are 2-20 point underdogs this week. I don't that's ever happened.

Yes AB is a Major Ahole but that is nothing new and like I said and @Stemmy66 even agreed If he was cut tomorrow he would be resigned Immediately.
Where was all this info when he signed his deal with Oakland?? Pittsburgh should have some explaining to do for allowing this to go on so long there but Mike Tomlin is a Joke of coach who obviously enabled AB and all his shenanigans.
@Stemmy66 was right - he should have sent you the black and yellow Truvis :alien2:

Rosen to start at QB for the Dolphins this week.

I have been waiting for that for a while now.

Do you think he can play better than what he showed in Arz? I know the team isn’t great, but his body language doesn’t instill confidence or leadership. He reminds me a lot of Cutler.

Do you think he can play better than what he showed in Arz? I know the team isn’t great, but his body language doesn’t instill confidence or leadership. He reminds me a lot of Cutler.

I’m not sure. We will find out. Not even sure he has the talent, but despite what people said last year after four games, Fitzy isn’t the answer for anybody. The team is garbage, its worth a shot, right?

I agree on the attitude, but hell, Cam Newton is still employed, and he cant throw either and has the body language. :D

What a great play action by Minshew Mania.

What a great play action by Minshew Mania.

Not to be contrary but I just said the play action was mediocre by Minshew II. Fornette sold it more so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back