LIVE UPDATE THREAD 2019 The Grandaddy with Callaway Golf

It goes by so quickly... it was fun following along and being able to relive the experience again. So many good memories and I love seeing it continue and evolve each year.

Still hard to believe this is a real thing.

A delay free trip so far. Made it half way on my journey. Flying out of denver in about an hour.

Oh boy. I have this waiting for me...

Screenshot_20191206-094919_Weather.jpg

In the car to the airport, and it’s REALLY hard to keep it together... Man, I love these guys, and I’m going to miss every single one of them.

I may need to start in on my recaps when I get home, just to keep the happy feels going. I generally prefer brevity in my writing, but there is just so much to say about this event. I will forever be grateful to THP, Callaway, and The Grandaddy alums who made it all possible for the 2019 team. Because of you all, I have new brothers across the country. From the bottom of my heart: thank you, thank you, thank you.
I am not going to lie, as you guys started the trip...it was hard. But seeing you guys 'get it', do the event right and make the kind of bonds that lets you say things like "I have new brothers across the country" those melancholy feelings turned to joy and excitement. Maybe this is how it went for other teams as they watched the next year get their turn. I don't know. But I really appreciated the way this team handled itself and how you guys embraced this experience. Great stuff, guys.

It goes by so quickly... it was fun following along and being able to relive the experience again. So many good memories and I love seeing it continue and evolve each year.

Still hard to believe this is a real thing.
I feel the same way. And, I just lived it o_O

I am not going to lie, as you guys started the trip...it was hard. But seeing you guys 'get it', do the event right and make the kind of bonds that lets you say things like "I have new brothers across the country" those melancholy feelings turned to joy and excitement. Maybe this is how it went for other teams as they watched the next year get their turn. I don't know. But I really appreciated the way this team handled itself and how you guys embraced this experience. Great stuff, guys.
Thanks brother. I now know that there is no way to 100% mentally prepare for the event. But, having you guys backing us and sharing your own experiences and perspectives really helped me.

In the car to the airport, and it’s REALLY hard to keep it together... Man, I love these guys, and I’m going to miss every single one of them.

I may need to start in on my recaps when I get home, just to keep the happy feels going. I generally prefer brevity in my writing, but there is just so much to say about this event. I will forever be grateful to THP, Callaway, and The Grandaddy alums who made it all possible for the 2019 team. Because of you all, I have new brothers across the country. From the bottom of my heart: thank you, thank you, thank you.
We know those feelings all too well. And the truth is, IMO those feelings are the evidence that you did things the right way. And yes, you've got new brothers!

These guys have equipment in their bags that in some cases no one in the world (yes in the world) has and that includes tour pros. Some of these putters are exclusive and not even on tour yet. They are truly the only people outside of Callaway to have them. Let that sink again.
This still blows me away every year. How is it even possible that a company like Callaway would do this for a bunch of random people on the internet?

Many thanks to @JB, Callaway and everyone else involved for making this happen. It's such an exciting time to follow from afar, I cannot even begin to imagine what it would be like to get my ticket punched to this great event!

Last edited:
Can someone get me a picture of the 18th green? Just want to reminisce about a couple of guys missing putts...
And I would like to reminisce about the two guys responsible for putting on the event having to putt those putts

T4K,
Last night with the group before retiring upstairs I told them my thoughts on you and your team reinstating my love for this place and this event.

They did you proud

Your words mean a lot to us. Win, lose, or draw, it was important to everyone of us to do this event the right way and make THP proud. I’m sad the week is over, but I’m also excited for all that is yet to come as a member of this extraordinary family.

And I would like to reminisce about the two guys responsible for putting on the event having to putt those putts

You know I love you in a super manly way you big teddy bear. It blows my mind how much ya'll did for us and how you have elevated it year after year. Bro hug?

I hope all those that put on this event and make it possible, from everyone at Callaway to our hosts at the Hideaway can feel our gratitude.

I hope all those that put on this event and make it possible, from everyone at Callaway to our hosts at the Hideaway can feel our gratitude.
Oh we do, one of the things we here and the hosts always talk about it. Helps to continue to make it possible.

Not much green on that board
Lol, twisting the knife. We tried hard. That counts for something right? Thanks for the amazing week, to you and your entire team. I'll be comparing everything else going forward to this experience.

What an awesome follow and a huge thank you to all the guys for bringing us along. What an amazing experience that has been created by @JB & @GolferGal it is really unreal. And thank you to @JasonFinleyCG you and your team are exceptional at making this event the best! Safe travels to all of you heading home today.

Feels like 9 ?.... does that mean your teeing it up when you get home?
I may book some simulator time soon. But, I am indebted to my wife and will not be pushing any buttons for a while...

I may book some simulator time soon. But, I am indebted to my wife and will not be pushing any buttons for a while...
Vet move right there.

The captains did there job. LOL
Pretty sure I could have done better with the proper milk level in my system. It’s kinda like antifreeze in your car ya know, to low and things get to hot. ?

Last edited:
Lol, twisting the knife. We tried hard. That counts for something right? Thanks for the amazing week, to you and your entire team. I'll be comparing everything else going forward to this experience.

That’s not fair for everything else. Because nothing can compare. Except maybe going back.

Safe travels to everyone heading out today!! Thanks for taking us along for the ride.

Back