Most Important/Favorite Cold Weather Golf Accessory?

OITW

Reaction score
It gets pretty cold up here in the Northeast, and as long as there isn't snow on the ground, you can still find me on the course.

Played in some cold and windy conditions and it got me thinking which accessory I couldn't go without.

While I would lean toward my cold weather gloves, I think the most important/favorite accessory that I have is my Puma Golf Neck Warmer - it converts into a face mask and covers my face and ears and it's been fantastic in keeping me warm during the winter.

I know most would say the gloves, but the hand warmers definitely help me in that area.

Gloves for me followed by a winter hat or headband. I have to keep my hands and ears warm. Hand warmers are ok but I still need gloves.

As i've stated in the past in other threads about weather it's not the cold that gets to me during around a winter round, it's the wind. We played in 35* weather yesterday but the sun was out and it wasn't windy. It felt like a beautiful Spring day! I would say a nice light jacket that stops the wind would be my #1 item on the list followed by a headband to cover my ears. I'd get too hot wearing a winter hat covering my entire head for the whole round but some sort of ear protection would be perfect. Number 3 on the list would be those big, oversized mittens to keep my hands warm between shots.

I dont think I could go without either of my gloves, toboggan, or fleece base layer. All 3 are essentials.

Mittens for in between shots and something that will keep the wind off of the back of my neck.

Ear protection is a must. I had vertigo a couple of years back and the doctor warned me about the wind and cold messing with your inner ear.

Warm hat is key for me. I've seen many people who have good layers for cold/wind but wear a standard ball cap. They are usually cold. Lots of heat loss through the head. I have a water and wind proof fleece lined cap with pull down ear flaps that I use for cold weather golf. After that I like having layers that I can shed or add easily.

THP Beanie.

Hand warmers, but I won’t play anymore if it’s below about 43 and not sunny. I can work on my swing indoors.

Any one of my Titleist beanies. Think I have 4 or 5 of them.

Toque for me. As long as my ears and head are warm.

Everything else is just random layers.

My JetBlue account. ;)

Good thermals for my base layer. If I can keep my lower body warm I can play

Plane ticket to Tucson? Come on down bud

A good stocking cap and windbreaker.

Clicgear pushcart mitts with handwarmers for very cold weather, though, I got to admit it hasn't been cold enough to use the hand warmers with the mitts.

Can’t pick one, need all 3
1. Quality base layer
2. Zippo hand warmers
3. Full head, neck, face mask

I played in 30 degree weather a few weeks ago and between layering up, cold weather/rain gloves, a hat and hand warmers in my pockets it wasn't the worst time. Hand warmers were awesome to have that day.

Attachments

• DD0B13E7-4409-40DC-BED1-B33A84557A47.jpeg
    DD0B13E7-4409-40DC-BED1-B33A84557A47.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 12
Back