First Look: Cobra Golf T-Rail Irons

Wish I did. Wouldn’t be surprised at D0 or D1. The G410 w DG105 felt heavier for sure

Gotcha. IF you ever wanted one golfworks has a relatively inexpensive one. That’s what I use.

Do you play a midsized or std size grip ?

Attachments

• DA043AE6-2A66-45DC-A274-51718BE6BA44.jpeg
    DA043AE6-2A66-45DC-A274-51718BE6BA44.jpeg
    32.9 KB · Views: 8
Gotcha. IF you ever wanted one golfworks has a relatively inexpensive one. That’s what I use.

Do you play a midsized or std size grip ?
Standard Crossline

I picked an 8 iron off the shelf recently. Based on the photos in this thread there was a little more junk in the trunk than I was expecting. I didn't have time to hit them, maybe next time

Standard Crossline

If the stock midsized is 63g-ish then you should have gained a little swing weight going with a std grip. Then again Cobra might have used a light weight 52g ish midsized as the stock grip. Not sure.

Man, I wish they had these in the OL. I have been playing OL since the f7 thorugh f9. I'm a high capper that usually shoots mid 90s.

Guess I'll hold out for the speedzone and compare next year.

Mward testing the 7 iron

275F1277-FA5F-4B8C-ACD5-9E7A439979E3.jpeg

Mward testing the 7 iron

Shaft ??

Would love some feedback.
My 6i comes in next week. Hope to hit it.

:TrueTemper:Elevate 95 R300

I know @Canadan #craftsmanship anywhere :love:

It’s a bummer the Elevates are not an upgrade option on Cobras site. That was on I wanted to try. And they removed the XP95 as well.

They will have the Elevate 95s inline in 2020. I spoke with CS.

Thanks for the info regarding possible shafts. Just gives me something to think about regarding the T Rails.

They will have the Elevate 95s inline in 2020. I spoke with CS.

Kinda bummed they are not available right now. I really liked the XP95 and would have taken a flier on the Elevate. The modus has always treated me well so I’ll start there with my 6i before committing to the set.

It's too bad the graphite stock shaft is so lite. I tend to get too quick of a temp with lite clubs. Was finally looking at maybe jumping on the graphite bandwagon, but they don't have custom shafts at most big box stores you can hit. I'd actually have to go to a true fitter at this point.

It's too bad the graphite stock shaft is so lite. I tend to get too quick of a temp with lite clubs. Was finally looking at maybe jumping on the graphite bandwagon, but they don't have custom shafts at most big box stores you can hit. I'd actually have to go to a true fitter at this point.

The stock atmos 6 graphite in the F9 irons is a $6/iron upgrade for the Trails. You might find that in a box store to see how it feels. I was surprised even Dicks Sporting Goods has the Trail demo heads in with a few shafts to try.

Last edited:
I will be putting a set of Recoil 95s in this set coming up this week in the Lab. Really good combo.

I will be putting a set of Recoil 95s in this set coming up this week in the Lab. Really good combo.

Agreed. That is a combo I’ve hit already.
I’d like to try it with a Smacwrap 780

Agreed. That is a combo I’ve hit already.
I’d like to try it with a Smacwrap 780

Were you able to try the 95s or the 95 Protos? I was not specific, but will be going Protos, but both should be really good.

New hybrid irons from Cobra Golf called T-Rail and we have a full preview of them on the home page.

Those T-Rails go back to the old Cobra Baffler laminated maple utility wood in the seventies.
It went up against Stan Thompson's keel-soled Ginty and similar clubs that were popular then,

Those rails are great for hitting straight shots, but not so great for hitting draws and fades.

And you can still get them in real wood--the Louisville Golf "Niblick" fairway woods.
I think that they're persimmon rather than laminated maple, though.

Those rails are great for hitting straight shots, but not so great for hitting draws and fades.

Different tech. Flighting the ball with rails is rather easy now. They are in place now to keep speed through turf and have very little impact on working the ball. Rails are used at the highest level, see Rickie, Bryson and a handful of others who play the ball many different ways.

Different tech. Flighting the ball with rails is rather easy now. They are in place now to keep speed through turf and have very little impact on working the ball. Rails are used at the highest level, see Rickie, Bryson and a handful of others who play the ball many different ways.
Interesting. I've got to do a better job of keeping up to date. You fellas help with that.

Were you able to try the 95s or the 95 Protos? I was not specific, but will be going Protos, but both should be really good.
Regular Recoil 95’s. I’ve never seen the Protos in the wild.

Had a chance to hit the 7i again yesterday. This time with a Fuji Atmos 6r graphite shaft. I usually don't hit graphite shafts all that well in irons but this one surprised me. Few pulls to start off the session but once I focused on keeping my head behind the ball and making a full shoulder turn it was really good.

Leaning more and more to buying a full set. Waiting to hit my 6i with Modus 105 for the first time later this week before fulling committing.

Looks like finally this Friday I’ll get these out. Occasional swings into the net... I really like the 5-7i. Set up nice to my eye and feel is powerful, can get high pitched off center but I’m hitting basically rocks. Struggling a little with the P wedge, but think that’s more me. It’s a huge footprint for a wedge.

Back