Scotty Cameron putters

New select line is intriguing. They finally are getting rid of the inserts that they’ve been using for the last several years. I think the line looks really nice. Not perfect, I’d change a few things if I were running the show but as a Scotty enthusiast who can’t afford the tour models I’ll probably bite haha only thing I hate about OTR blades is that hardly anyone offers the top line option. It’s always in the flange unfortunately.

What does "doing something cool" entail out of curiousity? :unsure:
Go back through this thread, he customizes putters and they are amazing. He is a true artist.

New select line is intriguing. They finally are getting rid of the inserts that they’ve been using for the last several years. I think the line looks really nice. Not perfect, I’d change a few things if I were running the show but as a Scotty enthusiast who can’t afford the tour models I’ll probably bite haha only thing I hate about OTR blades is that hardly anyone offers the top line option. It’s always in the flange unfortunately.

I saw those pictures on social media last night and honestly wasn't super impressed. It looks like what they released 5 years ago. It appears maybe they have a tri sole to them which would be great but other than that it doesn't look like much new. Pretty underwhelming IMO.

Not a fan of the new stuff, but I will own a 009 at some point, my all time favorite putter!

Thank goodness those inserts are gone.

Looks like it takes some visual inspiration from the OG Buttonbacks

I'm going to wait for better pictures. Whoever was taking pics with their old blackberry didn't do them justice.

The non-bold stretchy font on the face is... interesting.
Seriously...who took those pictures, thats a disgrace

Outside of what we can't really tell, I'm excited they are moving away from the insert. Was around for long enough, time for a change for a couple years.

Also, someone mentioned tri-sole and I don't think that's what's going on. I think the pictures make it look like that from the protective tape on the sole.

Random contemplation that came to me this morning as I was getting ready for work.... boy I should go find a nice 2.6 for sale and put it in the bag this year. :banghead::banghead: So now I'm on the lookout for a 2.6 haha.

Obviously need better higher quality pictures but honestly how much can you really change on the same line every two years? I didn’t expect anything ground breaking. Biggest thing I like about the new line is the return to a fully milled face. How many other premium putter companies use inserts on their blades? Baffling that Scotty did for so long IMO.

I certainly don’t love the elongated Scotty Cameron text on the face. I think it would look much nicer with the three dots or a crown logo on the heel.

There’s only so much you can do though and I’m just glad they’ve finally gotten rid of the insert.

I just got a GP Tour SNSR Contour Pro grip put on my new Phantom X 6 Str today and it is really nice. I can’t believe that I found something so different from my Edel putter that I like better. Maybe it is a combo of it and a slight change in my putting stroke. Now I can’t wait to get it on the course

I just sent my putter to Scotty's custom shop today. Now the wait begins...

I just sent my putter to Scotty's custom shop today. Now the wait begins...

Been debating doing the same thing. Even priced out a couple of different options but unsure how long it will take. Did you get an estimate or know rough timelines? I don't think if I sent it in now that I would get it back by the end of February.

Been debating doing the same thing. Even priced out a couple of different options but unsure how long it will take. Did you get an estimate or know rough timelines? I don't think if I sent it in now that I would get it back by the end of February.
I didn't get a quote for how long but if you look on their FAQs it says that it usually takes 20 days (don't remember if that is just total days or working days) for custom jobs that don't involve restoration. That time starts when they get it from you. One really annoying thing is that they charge you to ship it back and it is on you to ship it to them.

I just got a GP Tour SNSR Contour Pro grip put on my new Phantom X 6 Str today and it is really nice. I can’t believe that I found something so different from my Edel putter that I like better. Maybe it is a combo of it and a slight change in my putting stroke. Now I can’t wait to get it on the course
Loving the SNSR Contour 140cc (not the Pro) on my Phantom X 5.5. Weighs 140g and I'm amazed that the difference in weight (from 85g approx on the stock or Pistloero mid) isn't an issue...the Contour part of it especially just feels so good. The fasct the Scotty has a firmer face to start with than say Odussey inserts probably helps a ton.

Last edited:
Loving the SNSR Contour 140cc (not the Pro) on my Phantom X 5.5. Weighs 140g and I'm amazed that the difference in weight (from 85g approx on the stock or Pistloero mid) isn't an issue...the Contiour part of it especially just feels so good. The fasct the Scotty has a firmer face to start with than say Odussey inserts probably helps a ton.
I picked up a demo at the PGATSS the other day just because it was right next to the putting green and I was really surprised at how good it felt in my hands. I'm usually not a big fan of Golf Pride grips. It just felt effortless but locked in.

Probably DL3. He's a big Cameron collector. And he sneezes that kind of moola...

I may buy in this year. The key to my heart is a den caddy.
I have one from my second Morgan Cup, with Bridgestone. If I didn't already own one, I'd probably buy into this year with Scotty.

Also, it needs more blue.

Back