First Look: Titleist T400 Irons

FINALLY SOME LOVE FOR THE HIGH HDCPER FROM TITLEIST!

Those lofts :oops::oops::oops::oops:
How many triggered traditionalists will have their head explode?

That being said, the hosel area looks so chunky and not what I think a Titleist iron should look like.

Loft comments aside.. It is great to see Titleist looking at the SGI market. It is something they have neglected for some time, looking forward to seeing the reception on these.

So About those lofts.....?

Solid looking setup, very definitely a distance iron. They sill look very ”Titleist” which should make some people very haptic

Awesome!

Now we jack the lofts by three-full clubs!

I wonder what it would cost to fill in the stampings and then re-stamp and re-finish.

Because otherwise, these look like some interesting clubs.

The lofts....

Look nice, but I do worry about a 20 degree 5 iron getting proper launch with it being in 3H territory.

Callaway and Taylormade:

"We have to make these lofts stronger to control launch with all this tech"

Titleist

"Hold my beer"

????

I have to wonder if the T400 originated in Japan

T400 Lofts:
1579529873818.png
Bridgestone TourB JGR HF1 lofts:

1579530071396.png

I love it - Go Big or Go Home!

I can't wait in 5 years when my slower swinging self will be able to start my iron set at a 9i that will carry 150 and then need 7 wedges.
9i, PW1, PW2, GW, AW, SW, LW, 64*.
YESSS !!!

And ... here ... we ... go... A 38* pitching wedge... A bomb drop on the loft jacking debate...

How many triggered traditionalists will have their head explode?

That being said, the hosel area looks so chunky and not what I think a Titleist iron should look like.
For a relatively traditional company like titleist to embrace loft variance in clubs, I think it’s great. Should help to get minds right out there.

$186/steel and $200ea Graphite - getting pretty steep.
New G710's are $162.50ea which is up from the G700 ($150ea)

@RetiredBoomer running for President to eradicate all irons with a pitching wedge stronger than 48*. This release is where the dam finally broke. Ha ha... Just teasing you, @RetiredBoomer.

Back