What is it about THP that keeps you coming back?

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
There is a lot of interaction here. There is little infighting. Most forums in the winter go almost inactive, but not here. It is a good place to stop in and have a look and post some info to others.

The family aspect.

The people. Period.

Everyone here is the main reason. The welcoming aspect to someone new (like me), the thought provoking conversation on loft jacking :ROFLMAO:, and the in depth stuff by the staff that you can't get anywhere else! No other forum I've see has the consistent flow of content that this place has. It's a good place to be

Every day there is new information about equipment, new ideas on improving our game, talk about different courses and, fun interactions with members. My days would be filled with boredom this time of the year without THP.

I like the fact that the people here are from all walks of life, across all parts of the country/world, and we all have the same passion. Add to that the folks like JB, JMan, etc. who add incredible knowledge and expose this forum to so much of the inner workings of the golf industry and its a fantastic combination of a community and tech hub all in one.

The people. The lifelong friendships I’ve formed with people I wouldn’t have met otherwise. The cool golf experiences I wouldn’t ever get to do are a nice touch too!

The acceptance, respect, and decency shown to everyone.

The people, the equipment and gear reviews, the sense of community, the Experiences, the members, the laughter, the individuals, the knowledge and, in case I forgot to mention it, the people.

I said this in the thread mentioned, but think it's fits here better:

I just watched the Ass Cap announcement for the Grandaddy, and that is what I love about THP; people who are genuinely happy for those around them! It's bringing forum members along for the adventure, fostering friendships, forging bonds, and having fun with golf at the same time. Golf is the commonality, but no matter where we are from, who we are, or where we are going, we can engage in positive discussions about something we enjoy. That is what THP is about to me.

The people and the friends I have made but never met. Awesome.

I have previously posted why I love THP. So many positive reasons. But I also keep coming back because this is an accepting and tolerant community. Way back I had a totally pathetic forum meltdown. It was all on me, a convergence of stupid during a very tough time in my life. Afterwards I remember communicating with JB about it, and his response was to forget it, come back, and keep participating in the forum. I won't forget that. I may not see eye to eye on everything. I may offer my own biased and klunky feedback at times. And my sense of humor almost always misses the mark. But I will continue to do what I can to stay engaged with and support THP and the community of THPers. It is a special place to me for more than just golf. And I am wildly crazy about golf.

I think if I were to play golf with any THP member they wouldn't make fun of my game. Much:)

Super awesomeness! Every day something else!

It's my second home, where I can share my obsession passion with like minded people. I even learn something new once and in awhile. And most important I'm never bored. (y)

I think if I were to play golf with any THP member they wouldn't make fun of my game. Much:)

I promise I would never do that, my game invites enough criticism without providing ammunition. You are safe with me, sir! ;) (y)

Civil discussions and great people!

Back