TaylorMade Tour Preferred MC Review Thread

Went with DG300. I may wander off to KBS or PX from time to time, but I always seem to end up back at old faithful, the S300. Luckily the TM rep said he had some to drop off at the pro shop on monday. For whatever reason the CB and MB are plenty, the MC are not.

Nice, I think you'll be very happy with these sticks. Please let me know how you hit the long irons. I'm probably going to game a 5 hybrid inplace of the 3 and 4 irons as I don't quite get the consistency out of those 2 clubs that I'm looking for.

yea i didnt get my mc's yet an i pre ordered them since February. maybe mine are taking little longer cause i got upgraded project x shaffts. plus i got fitted an inch added on cause im 6 foot 3. lie angle mine was 0 an swing speed for best shaft.

yea i didnt get my mc's yet an i pre ordered them since February. maybe mine are taking little longer cause i got upgraded project x shaffts. plus i got fitted an inch added on cause im 6 foot 3. lie angle mine was 0 an swing speed for best shaft.

It seems that the MCs are tough to find all over the place. You are not the first person to comment that places have the MB/CB but not the MCs in stock. Even with the preorder, sometimes supply delays can wreck havoc on product availability.... esp when things are being made to order like yours.

It seems that the MCs are tough to find all over the place. You are not the first person to comment that places have the MB/CB but not the MCs in stock. Even with the preorder, sometimes supply delays can wreck havoc on product availability.... esp when things are being made to order like yours.

nooooooooo!!!!!! iv been waiting since feb its driving me insane. i have adhd they cant do this **** haha.

nooooooooo!!!!!! iv been waiting since feb its driving me insane. i have adhd they cant do this **** haha.

You are gonna be one happy puppy when you get your sticks in.

This is not the greatest post in the world, this is just a tribute.

The only reason I'm getting them so quickly is the TM Rep is dropping off one of the sets he has in his stash.

I am sick as a dog right now and I am wishing that I could get out on the course. I am starting to get comfortable enough with these clubs where I am tapping onto a little extra power when I want/need to.

A plus that I am finding is the bump and run with an 8 iron when I am around the green. I didn't like using this shot with my Diablo Forged because I felt like I could not control the speed, but I have much better feel and touch with my MC's.

I am sick as a dog right now and I am wishing that I could get out on the course. I am starting to get comfortable enough with these clubs where I am tapping onto a little extra power when I want/need to.

A plus that I am finding is the bump and run with an 8 iron when I am around the green. I didn't like using this shot with my Diablo Forged because I felt like I could not control the speed, but I have much better feel and touch with my MC's.

I feel your pain this georgia pollen is killing me. my allergies are going crazy. rain needs to wash this pollen away

Well my hopes of trying these irons out this weekend were dashed upon the rocks. It seems that no pro shop in the greater Omaha metro area has received the TP MC's.

In a related note, TaylorMade has discontinued production of the R9 TPs that I was hoping to order if I did not like the MC's (at least for cutsom LH sets).

Was anyone able to pick these up over the weekend? Is the situation in Japan having an effect on TaylorMade's production? I know a lot of OEMs utilize Japanese forging companies. Were they effected by the recent events?

The temps are supposed to get in the mid 50's by the end of the week so HOPEFULLY I will get these on a course up here. I had a very busy weekend full of family functions so that didn't give much time to head to the range. Instead of range practice I snuck out on my home course and just practiced some short game stuff. I mostly practiced those dreaded 30-40 yard pitch shots. I tried a combination of pitching with the PW and 9iron and also some long bump and runs with a 7 and 8. I really got comfortable with the pitch shot, esp with the PW. Balls were landing soft, which is a good sign. It did take me a little while to develop any kind of touch around the greens with these, but that is understandable(at least to me). I'm looking forward to a break in the weather at the back end of the week so that I can get these out on an open course.

Well my hopes of trying these irons out this weekend were dashed upon the rocks. It seems that no pro shop in the greater Omaha metro area has received the TP MC's.

My usual shop didn't have them at either location. They were expecting 5 sets on Friday and didn't receive them. I wanted to hit them one last time before I ordered them, but ended up ordering them anyways. I'm just hoping they get here soon! Does anyone's shop have these in stock?

My usual shop didn't have them at either location. They were expecting 5 sets on Friday and didn't receive them. I wanted to hit them one last time before I ordered them, but ended up ordering them anyways. I'm just hoping they get here soon! Does anyone's shop have these in stock?

wow congrats on the purchase and welcome to the club!

When I hit these at the demo day I really enjoyed them. I just don't know if my game is worthy of these over the CBs. I really would like to get into an iron like this that I can work the ball if needed. I liked the feeling of these, but just wonder if I will struggle with them since the sweetspot is so much smaller.

Thanks! I hit them at demo days twice and loved them. Honestly, I must have tried 8 - 9 different irons but just kept coming back to the MC's.

just wondering what other irons you hit

just wondering what other irons you hit

Off the top of my head: Nike VR Pro Combo, Titleist AP1/AP2, Mizuno MP 63/MP 68, Callaway Razr X/ Razr X Forged, Adams CB1, TM R9 TP.

My front runners were the TP MC's, the Mizzy MP63's, and the AP2's.

He is going to call taylormade an find out the ship fate for mc's here. cause a lot of places haven't gotten them in.

I'm interested to see what he says. I ordered a combo set (MC, MB) with Project X on March 2. Called TM last week and was told ship date of April 21. TM rep said there was a problem getting the Project shafts.

emailed my friend that owns pro shop the mc's are still not in. he is going to call taylormade an find out the ship fate for mc's here. cause a lot of places haven't gotten them in.

I'm interested to see what he says. I ordered a combo set (MC, MB) with Project X on March 2. Called TM last week and was told ship date of April 21. TM rep said there was a problem getting the Project shafts.

Well I certainly wish you guys the best in getting them in soon. As is well documented, we had a couple month wait as testers so I think we can all sympathize with you right now.

I spent some time at the local muni today, in between work and more work. I didn't get a chance to play any, but the 9th green was completely deserted (something about 36* degree weather keeps people off the course). Instead of pulling out my 56* and working on the short chips I decided to follow suit with the other testers and give the PW a good go.

It took me a while to figure things out, but I am pretty confident that I would be able to play without my trusted 56* if I needed to. A lot of the things that make the PW a good club on full swings seem to contribute to making it a good club greenside. The weighting encourages acceleration through the ball and the club balance allows for a variety of face angles/ lofts to be played. While it won't be kicking out the 56* as my go to club, the flexibility it showed will be something that gets out into service at somepoint this season. Just not sure when.

Upcoming events: Simulator tomorrow night, lesson on wednesday, 18 on saturday with CG13 and 9 on sunday! I am pumped!

noooooOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! god no not april 21. ill see what he says tom he didnt get back to me today.

I got an email back from TaylorMade-adidas Golf yesterday. Apparently they started building custom sets on Friday. I didn't get an explanation as to why none of the local pro shops have the MC's at all though.

I just talked to my golftec coach, who is a TM staffer. His combo set (MBs and MCs) is on back order as well and he doesn't know when he will be getting them.

sweet ddec! hope the weather holds out for you so you can get some more course time with these!
The temps are supposed to get in the mid 50's by the end of the week so HOPEFULLY I will get these on a course up here. I had a very busy weekend full of family functions so that didn't give much time to head to the range. Instead of range practice I snuck out on my home course and just practiced some short game stuff. I mostly practiced those dreaded 30-40 yard pitch shots. I tried a combination of pitching with the PW and 9iron and also some long bump and runs with a 7 and 8. I really got comfortable with the pitch shot, esp with the PW. Balls were landing soft, which is a good sign. It did take me a little while to develop any kind of touch around the greens with these, but that is understandable(at least to me). I'm looking forward to a break in the weather at the back end of the week so that I can get these out on an open course.

Back