TaylorMade Tour Preferred MC Review Thread

im not really sure of my numbers. ill have to hit again on mats sum time but i can give u sum club lengths i hit. pw like 145. 5 iron 215-220 3 iron 250 those high end numbers. cause iv hit a 3 wood 260 from light ruff.

You're a beast bro!!

Hope they show up soon.

@setho, my 6iron SS was completely different depending on which shaft was in the iron head. With KBS stiff 90's my avg was 94, the S300 avg was 89

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

im not really sure of my numbers. ill have to hit again on mats sum time but i can give u sum club lengths i hit. pw like 145. 5 iron 215-220 3 iron 250 those high end numbers. cause iv hit a 3 wood 260 from light ruff.

Man... those are approaching Dustin Johnson Burner 2.0 numbers. Impressive

I was in golftec again today for a practice session. I was hitting the 5 iron exclusively and working on creating lag in my swing. Bottom line is that I was able to generate a great smash factor with the MCs on my well struck shots. I will post here from my droid in a second to show a couple of the monitor screenshots, but I was seeing silly smash of close to 1.5 with an iron! I think the reason that number is so high is that it is calculating swing speed with sensors a couple inches behind the ball while I'm still accelerating into the ball. So I think the ball speed and carry numbers are pretty accurate, but the club head speed might be showing a little lower than it actually is thus calculating a larger smash factor than it should be.

Regardless, the sound and feel of these at impact is addictive and the distance performance is more than acceptable.

Ok screenshots of 5 iron ..

aefc01b0-0013-8ac5.jpg

aefc01b0-0036-6de3.jpg

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Ok screenshots of 5 iron ..

aefc01b0-0013-8ac5.jpg

aefc01b0-0036-6de3.jpg

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

good stuff g4l! Stuff like this makes me want a golftec around here. I'm heading home from work not and plan on hitting the range tonight.

haha yea those are high end numbers i swing real hard haha iv been golfin for long time probably since 4 or 5 years old. im 24, yea well didnt get the mc's. oh current irons i play are taylormade 320 irons haha so i want my mc's. but on another note just got my motorcycle today.

2uqoj15.jpg

haha yea those are high end numbers i swing real hard haha iv been golfin for long time probably since 4 or 5 years old. im 24, yea well didnt get the mc's. oh current irons i play are taylormade 320 irons haha so i want my mc's. but on another note just got my motorcycle today.

2uqoj15.jpg

Well, getting a cool new bike is a pretty good consolation prize to not getting your MCs. When I was in Golfsmith today (where golftec is), they didn't have their MCs in yet either, and were supposed to get them today.

well on Thursday guy at proshop said he was getting cbs in. also, mine where suppose to be there today. but he said they should be there really soon. i wanted the bike an clubs today hah. it was gonna be like christmas today.

I was able to hit these irons today and was very happy with what I saw. My ball flight and accuracy was very awesome. The MC combined the forgiveness of a cavity back and the consistency of a blade. Although this was a very awesome club and my results were very good, I still prefer my blades due to the workability and unbeatable consistency I have with them. Good club overall though.

You're a beast bro!!

Hope they show up soon.

@setho, my 6iron SS was completely different depending on which shaft was in the iron head. With KBS stiff 90's my avg was 94, the S300 avg was 89

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Whoops! My bad bro. Must have skimmed your fitting post lol.

This is not the greatest post in the world, this is just a tribute.

I was able to hit these irons today. I must say I was quite impressed. I hit them fairly well to. I hit them side by side with the CBs. I will have some hard decisions down the road if I decide to go the TP route. I really like these, but I would have to work with them some to play great with them. With the CBs I can be lazier with them.

I was able to hit these irons today. I must say I was quite impressed. I hit them fairly well to. I hit them side by side with the CBs. I will have some hard decisions down the road if I decide to go the TP route. I really like these, but I would have to work with them some to play great with them. With the CBs I can be lazier with them.

You can always combo these irons. MCs in short irons and CBs in the long irons.

I think that is what I will probably end up doing...I think i'll go the combo route and get the CB for my 3-5 irons and MC for 6-PW. I love that TM is doing this now with the combo sets. I love my Nike split cavities and considered the VR pro combos until I heard TM will allow you to get combo sets. I have a feeling my game is going to significantly improve this year once I get fitted and get a combo set of these ordered.

Gees curt kobane, you can really mash a ball. Your PW is about 15 yards longer than mine.

I am so excited to see people getting out and hitting these. I think it is really cool that TM is allowing folks to create these mixed sets.

This is not the greatest post in the world, this is just a tribute.

hahah thanks man im not amazing i duff an shank balls everyone does. i usually win longest drive in tournaments we have around here every year. think longest drive i ever hit was 370 or 375 i was like 150 away on a par 5, made an eagle. chipped on an 25 foot putt. iv always hit it far, accuracy an feel is the reason i went with these clubs. i don't need burner 2.0 i already hit a 320 series taylormade 145 yards, i hit the ball high like a bomb. i wanted these to lower my trajectory to

I think that is what I will probably end up doing...I think i'll go the combo route and get the CB for my 3-5 irons and MC for 6-PW. I love that TM is doing this now with the combo sets. I love my Nike split cavities and considered the VR pro combos until I heard TM will allow you to get combo sets. I have a feeling my game is going to significantly improve this year once I get fitted and get a combo set of these ordered.

I am going with the same combo. I am with you in thinking that these are going to help my game tremendously!

I don't know if I could handle the combo of irons. I think if I did, I would go with a 4-6 CB and 7-AW MC.

Tapatalk makes meetings so much fun.

I don't know if I could handle the combo of irons. I think if I did, I would go with a 4-6 CB and 7-AW MC.

Tapatalk makes meetings so much fun.

I was thinking about the combo irons as well. My decision to stay within the CB line was based on the forgiveness of the club (more than the MC) and that I got the AW wedge that day. I have no use for the 3i. I hit the MC again yesterday, I like the size and sound of the club. You may find that the CB in your long irons may add to your overall distance as they were a tad longer for me. I attribute this to the forgiveness and larger sizes. I found that the short irons were still money accross all sets. If the MC offered a gap wedge I would have got the combo for sure. Great clubs at any rate

Ok now these are sweet friggin irons. Hit the MC's, CB's, and MB's along with the Cally line and Mizuno at a demo day at the range this morning. Hands down the MC's were the softest/sweetest feeling irons of the bunch. For me, the MC's were much more consistent and had a better trajectory for me vs. the CB's, RAZRS, MP-53's. The CB's launched way way too high, even with DG300 and not the XP shafts. The MC's were also about 10yds longer on average probably because the CB's were spinning the ball way too much.

Ok now these are sweet friggin irons. Hit the MC's, CB's, and MB's along with the Cally line and Mizuno at a demo day at the range this morning. Hands down the MC's were the softest/sweetest feeling irons of the bunch. For me, the MC's were much more consistent and had a better trajectory for me vs. the CB's, RAZRS, MP-53's. The CB's launched way way too high, even with DG300 and not the XP shafts. The MC's were also about 10yds longer on average probably because the CB's were spinning the ball way too much.

Welcome to the club! Ha!

I wont be getting these on the course this weekend, and that makes me very sad.
My last golftec outing was FANTASTIC. Once my swing grooved in I was having the best ball striking "round" of my life. I can't imagine not having these irons in my hand when everything is clicking.

Welcome to the club! Ha!

I wont be getting these on the course this weekend, and that makes me very sad.
My last golftec outing was FANTASTIC. Once my swing grooved in I was having the best ball striking "round" of my life. I can't imagine not having these irons in my hand when everything is clicking.

I will say I was impressed enough to order a set 3-PW. Luckily the pro shop at the range have the best prices and gave me $150 off of them, that helped. lol

Congrats on the purchase! I can't wait till you get them and take them out on the course! Sounds like you had a similar experience with the CBs to me. With the XP shaft they launched higher than I would have liked, even though they offered great feel.

Congrats on the purchase! I can't wait till you get them and take them out on the course! Sounds like you had a similar experience with the CBs to me. With the XP shaft they launched higher than I would have liked, even though they offered great feel.

The CB's just wanna go high, DG300's didn't lower them down. Feel, I thought the MC had a better feel. I can def see where people are doing CB's 4-6 and MC's 7-PW. The short iron CB's looked way too large and clunky for my liking. The sheer size of them and the thick top line make the offset appear to stand out more or at least exaggerate it visually.

Congratulations Redbird, they are sweet feeling sticks for sure.

I'm with you in that the launch angle of the MCs is pretty much perfect, especially in the scoring irons. 3 and 4 launch a little low for my taste but 5 through PW are great.

I hit a bucket at the range today, and really enjoyed hitting the MCs (as usual). The PW is becoming my favorite club in the bag. Its just so easy to aim and control it has become a real weapon for me. I can't wait to take these on the course again. They're that much fun to hit.

Which shafts did you end up getting in the MCs redbird?

Congratulations Redbird, they are sweet feeling sticks for sure.

I'm with you in that the launch angle of the MCs is pretty much perfect, especially in the scoring irons. 3 and 4 launch a little low for my taste but 5 through PW are great.

I hit a bucket at the range today, and really enjoyed hitting the MCs (as usual). The PW is becoming my favorite club in the bag. Its just so easy to aim and control it has become a real weapon for me. I can't wait to take these on the course again. They're that much fun to hit.

Which shafts did you end up getting in the MCs redbird?

Went with DG300. I may wander off to KBS or PX from time to time, but I always seem to end up back at old faithful, the S300. Luckily the TM rep said he had some to drop off at the pro shop on monday. For whatever reason the CB and MB are plenty, the MC are not.

Back