Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

Did they use heavier weights to swing weight the max? Or, do you think they used hotmelt?
I’ll pull the weights here in a minute and we will see;)

Fun info:

Std Mav (stock length review club): 192g
Max Mav (-1” custom order): 197.5

w/ the -1 shaft installed the Std would be C9.5 for me :oops:

Did they use heavier weights to swing weight the max? Or, do you think they used hotmelt?
14g rear, 8g heel. What were yours?

Also, it is amazing to see in hand how different the cyclone shaping is. Holy cow.

14g rear, 8g heel. What were yours?
I don't have a max. Was just curious how they were handling swing weight on these. Just in case a guy were interested in picking up a second head for scientific purposes and all.

But, my standard, which is supposed to play at 45" had an extra 5 grams via the rear weight.

On a side note. I love the sound/feel of these heads. But, I do wonder if hot melt would make them even better.

I don't have a max. Was just curious how they were handling swing weight on these. Just in case a guy were interested in picking up a second head for scientific purposes and all.
Hopefully one of our Grandaddy crew with the max can chime in, I’m sure it’s in here somewhere but man it’s a bear to search haha

Im happier that the 14g in the STD w the -1 shaft hits my D5 preference on the nose!

Hopefully one of our Grandaddy crew with the max can chime in, I’m sure it’s in here somewhere but man it’s a bear to search haha

Im happier that the 14g in the STD w the -1 shaft hits my D5 preference on the nose!
According to the notes, stock weights on the max are 14/2.

I like a heavier feel myself as well. Thinking of snagging a weight kit off of eBay to play around with.

According to the notes, stock weights on the max are 14/2.

I like a heavier feel myself as well. Thinking of snagging a weight kit off of eBay to play around with.
Well there ya go, 6g more in the heel with what I have. Would be 3 sw points.

I really feel like Callaway has the right recipe of ball speed, launch, forgiveness and spin throughout the Mavrik line up of woods and hybrids. TM SIM woods are all very low spin I can see some big bending ball flights on mishits. Perhaps TM got too aggressive with this release in an effort to get more distance out of their products.

Pretty good day with the driver, 10/14 fairways. Nice high balls that are just carrying. Was able to hit some ice draws today.
Low on the face seems to lose the most distance for me.

Rogue has officially been retired after today.

I only saw one shot you had with the Mav and it was sure pretty.

Not surprised at all.

I only saw one shot you had with the Mav and it was sure pretty.

Cut the corner on 18.....May or may not have been intentional. Nice finally meeting you!

Fantastic day today w/ Mavrik. Put my UST Mamiya Platinum in and was what I expected. I had a span of a few loose holes but was seeing more distance than Rogue & ball flight was spot on. Lots of fun to hit. The standard looks so awesome behind the ball. Lots of confidence in the look. And amazingly easy to get the ball airborne. Dialed down to 9.5 and still getting it plenty high. Little bit higher than the Rogue w/ exact setting.

Stock Rogue white in X is stiff! I hit some good ones on Friday but was constantly trying to catch up and snapped a few left. Today was good to go. Very excited about this driver and exactly what I thought I was getting once I put my shaft in from the last 3 years.

I am blown away how much I liked the mavrik max I tested today, holy cow, it by far out performed the EXS 220, Speedzone Extreme and the SIM Max. But a little more on those in their own threads.

I was getting about 5 yards more carry and about 10 more yards total than what I was seeing in my current epic combo. I really liked the stock rogue, but I've always loved the cool and can't wait to see how the Mavrik/Cool combo performs out on the course.

What really stood out to me the most was the reduced side spin, my averages on the others were in the 1300 range, with the mavrik I was averaging right under 800.

Also, and I don't know what to make of it, my club head speed was easily 2-4 mph more as well.

And some small details, I love the crown, way more than the epic, and that orange color looks awesome.
IMG_5283.jpg

Cut the corner on 18.....May or may not have been intentional. Nice finally meeting you!

Fantastic day today w/ Mavrik. Put my UST Mamiya Platinum in and was what I expected. I had a span of a few loose holes but was seeing more distance than Rogue & ball flight was spot on. Lots of fun to hit. The standard looks so awesome behind the ball. Lots of confidence in the look. And amazingly easy to get the ball airborne. Dialed down to 9.5 and still getting it plenty high. Little bit higher than the Rogue w/ exact setting.

Stock Rogue white in X is stiff! I hit some good ones on Friday but was constantly trying to catch up and snapped a few left. Today was good to go. Very excited about this driver and exactly what I thought I was getting once I put my shaft in from the last 3 years.

I’m not sure I’ve seen you hit driver any better than when you put they platinum in.

Just have to say, everyone in here I killing it!

Don’t remember a recent driver thread this engaging.

Alright, so my last round was temporary tees (normal greens) so it was close to impossible to get measurable distances on drives but I know some of those drives were absolute bombs. Anyways, I think I’m going to hook up my new arccos sensors and start getting accurate data going into 2020.

In the meantime, I should have a chance to get on a trackman again very soon. I want to do more head-to-head testing against my g410!

Hoping to get the standard and max out this afternoon got some shenanigans, most excited to put them to work at my normal length.

Just have to say, everyone in here I killing it!

Don’t remember a recent driver thread this engaging.

that means more than you know!!! i’m really proud of our team. almost half of our team is snowed in right now, but they’re still finding ways to stay engaged and continue to get reps.

i’m also proud of the forum for engaging with us and asking the questions.

going into the event, i was a little unsure how this year would be received. epic flash was a huge success. i expected a good club, but with a story that might not be as jaw-dropping. callaway made our job easy by producing another fantastic club for us to get excited about and discuss with anyone who would listen.

Hoping to get the standard and max out this afternoon got some shenanigans, most excited to put them to work at my normal length.
Any chance your 410 goes along with you?

Back