2020 Bridgestone Tour B Golf Balls

Swing was mostly crap today but played the RX on the back 9. The ball felt good off all clubs and the main conclusion I can make is that it had a surprising amount of bite on chips and I needed to be more aggressive than I managed to be. Didn’t get a chance to compare to prior generation but I can already tell the new one is more to my liking. More to come.

1st round with the RX and they are great, had a weird putting day with a birdie on the 1st hole and choked on 3 more inside 10 ft. but I had the birdie putts so there is that. Off the tee just as long as the Tour Bx from last year and felt and played well off the irons with drop and stop for anything that was struck correctly.

Seems to be the complete package with good spin around the greens and soft off the putter.

Unfortunately you still have to read the greens correctly...

I have played 5 rounds with the new Tour B RX so far and really like the ball. For a little background, I have played every generation of the RX ball since the inception as my main gamer balls. I am currently playing well below my potential but it is certainly not the balls fault, my swing is just in shambles. So my observations are based on the limited number of good swings I have made per round.

Distance: I am seeing a slight increase in distance over the previous generation with driver. Iron distance seems about equal. Probably 3 - 5 yards picked up off the driver.

Dispresion off the tee: Definitely seeing a little less exaggeration of my normal draw when I put a good swing on the ball.

Spin into greens: Seeing slightly quicker stopping power into greens on both full shots and pitch/chip shots. Having to adjust my short game a little because I was used to slightly more roll out on chips and pitches with all previous versions.

Durability: Appears to be off the charts. Even though I have been hacking the ball around, and into trees, etc., I have used the same ball all 5 rounds and it doesn't appear beat to death like all previous balls I have played would have. Even bounced a drive off a cart path during the third round and that barely left a scare.

Really looking forward to seeing what the results this ball can give me when I start swinging the club well again.

I have played 5 rounds with the new Tour B RX so far and really like the ball. For a little background, I have played every generation of the RX ball since the inception as my main gamer balls. I am currently playing well below my potential but it is certainly not the balls fault, my swing is just in shambles. So my observations are based on the limited number of good swings I have made per round.

Distance: I am seeing a slight increase in distance over the previous generation with driver. Iron distance seems about equal. Probably 3 - 5 yards picked up off the driver.

Dispresion off the tee: Definitely seeing a little less exaggeration of my normal draw when I put a good swing on the ball.

Spin into greens: Seeing slightly quicker stopping power into greens on both full shots and pitch/chip shots. Having to adjust my short game a little because I was used to slightly more roll out on chips and pitches with all previous versions.

Durability: Appears to be off the charts. Even though I have been hacking the ball around, and into trees, etc., I have used the same ball all 5 rounds and it doesn't appear beat to death like all previous balls I have played would have. Even bounced a drive off a cart path during the third round and that barely left a scare.

Really looking forward to seeing what the results this ball can give me when I start swinging the club well again.

Nice feedback.

Apparently, in addition to all of the other very impressive features, these balls come with miracles manufactured in them as well. That is the only expanation I can offer for 4 of the pars I made today. ?

Saw these in the store today...took all my will power to not grab a box.

Saw these in the store today...took all my will power to not grab a box.
Were these the new balls? I didn't think that they were going to be released until the 14th.

Were these the new balls? I didn't think that they were going to be released until the 14th.

Yeah, if they were out on the shelf, I'm sure Bridgestone will have some serious issues with that if they learn about it. The release date is 2/14.

Can’t wait to place an order for the new ball!!! Need to make sure I’m stocked up for when the season starts!!!

Got these and I hope to take them out this week if the weather stays cooperative.

Attachments

• 69B84DB2-7C1F-4C01-BD5C-201843BB0BEF.jpeg
    69B84DB2-7C1F-4C01-BD5C-201843BB0BEF.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 18
I’m going to seed to track down a box of the BX for my round this weekend.

I’m going to seed to track down a box of the BX for my round this weekend.
Wondering if they are in stores somewhere. A lot of people seem to have them already.

Wondering if they are in stores somewhere. A lot of people seem to have them already.
Seems like some of the independent shops have put them out. I have not seen them at the big box stores.

Not to many threads I read every post. This one I did. Lots of good info here and looking forward to more.

Not to many threads I read every post. This one I did. Lots of good info here and looking forward to more.
Right there with you. (y)

Whennnnnnnnn innnnnn reeettttaaaaiiiilllllll or online @rehbirdie ???

So you grabbed 2 ;)

I was so tempted... I may go back and grab a box but they're having a pres' day sale next week so that's the smart move...which I am not known for :cautious::ROFLMAO:

Whennnnnnnnn innnnnn reeettttaaaaiiiilllllll or online @rehbirdie ???

2/14 is the Bridgestone advertised release date. Looks like all stores or pro shops are not following that direction though.

Can’t wait to place an order for the new ball!!! Need to make sure I’m stocked up for when the season starts!!!

Ditto. Wanting some monogrammed too

2/14 is the Bridgestone advertised release date. Looks like all stores or pro shops are not following that direction though.

guess I better hurry back before they pull them :ROFLMAO:

guess I better hurry back before they pull them :ROFLMAO:

Guessing they probably already sold some so probably have no plans on pulling them. If they do, or are forced to, they will be back out Friday.

Guessing they probably already sold some so probably have no plans on pulling them. If they do, or are forced to, they will be back out Friday.

I was actually looking to see if they had the new QSTs in those tester sleeves but I did a double take when I saw the new bridgies...the old ones were underneath for $34.95 a dozen....

I was actually looking to see if they had the new QSTs in those tester sleeves but I did a double take when I saw the new bridgies...the old ones were underneath for $34.95 a dozen....

The prior generation are very solid balls also. Still have about 3 dozen of those and 5 or 6 dozen of the generation before that (the last generation before they changed the name from B330). Heck, I have played every generation of the RX model so I guess you could say I am a pretty big fan of them. Haha

Back