2020 Bridgestone Tour B Golf Balls

I think that if the cover proves to be what we have been told, and my early belief is that it is, we will see a lot more mid to upper SS players bleed over into the RX/RXS side for the feel but also because they’re potentially going to still see tee game benefits.

The hard thing not to lose sight of though is that even with all having the REACTIV cover, they’re still all designed for different people.

But hey, if yellow is your must then the choice is easy.
Kind of my thought, too. Going to demo both, but it seems like all are really going to perform.

I think that if the cover proves to be what we have been told, and my early belief is that it is, we will see a lot more mid to upper SS players bleed over into the RX/RXS side for the feel but also because they’re potentially going to still see tee game benefits.

The hard thing not to lose sight of though is that even with all having the REACTIV cover, they’re still all designed for different people.

But hey, if yellow is your must then the choice is easy.

I was recently at a course doing a golf ball survey and it was interesting how many golfers were playing the wrong ball. I think like a lot of things in fitting, when looking at shots hit only on the button, a story is told, but when you add in primary misses, etc a whole new world opens up. With the technology going into golf balls today, there is no reason to play one that doesn't optimize performance on the course. Whether that be this brand or any brand. As you mentioned there is a difference between balls and like drivers and shafts where 300-500 RPMs might not sound like much, and 4-6 yards on the course may not be noticed by players, when it comes to scoring it can definitely add up.

There will be overlap, but I dont think it's severe as some believe. Part of this is on Bridgestone because in the "Minus Dan Murphy Years" they got away from fitting and primarily worked on a simple swing speed metric. Two things come out of that. First, most golfers believe they swing harder than they do. Second, lower compression will absolutely help when missing, outside of a high miss (spin is less there).

I think with so many great options, golf ball fitting (regardless of brand) will begin to catch on (maybe hopeful) because there are some options coming this year that are insanely good.

I was recently at a course doing a golf ball survey and it was interesting how many golfers were playing the wrong ball. I think like a lot of things in fitting, when looking at shots hit only on the button, a story is told, but when you add in primary misses, etc a whole new world opens up. With the technology going into golf balls today, there is no reason to play one that doesn't optimize performance on the course. Whether that be this brand or any brand. As you mentioned there is a difference between balls and like drivers and shafts where 300-500 RPMs might not sound like much, and 4-6 yards on the course may not be noticed by players, when it comes to scoring it can definitely add up.

There will be overlap, but I dont think it's severe as some believe. Part of this is on Bridgestone because in the "Minus Dan Murphy Years" they got away from fitting and primarily worked on a simple swing speed metric. Two things come out of that. First, most golfers believe they swing harder than they do. Second, lower compression will absolutely help when missing, outside of a high miss (spin is less there).

I think with so many great options, golf ball fitting (regardless of brand) will begin to catch on (maybe hopeful) because there are some options coming this year that are insanely good.
I think the lost years are very much to blame for the confusing messages.

The cover could very much change the way some in the have gravitated to the S/XS for more spin around the greens when they could have been getting way more total game benefit from the RX/RXS.

I think the lost years are very much to blame for the confusing messages.

The cover could very much change the way some in the have gravitated to the S/XS for more spin around the greens when they could have been getting way more total game benefit from the RX/RXS.

It works for Rocco and Freddy ?

The new Tour B RX not only sounds better off my driver (more muted than the 2018 BRX), it spins more on iron shots, and it's also durable. I hit 2 trees yesterday off my driver in my round and as you can see above, that ball is fine for today's round. I flushed a few iron shots with wedges and 7 irons and they just stuck on the green near the ball mark. Very impressive spin.

One shot I want to mention is we played in cold weather yesterday so there was some frozen spots around the greens where it was a guess if the ball would bounce or not on your approach shot. I had 60 yards in on a Par 5 for my 3rd shot, hit my 58* and it landed like a rock on the front of the green and bounced like a super ball. Figured that ball was gone and over the green. Nope, the damn thing came down and spun like a top stopping immediately. Guys were like what the hell was that, we couldn't believe it. It was like I hit a balata ball without the smiles. :)

Great thoughts Mike.

Can’t speak enough about the improved durability- it’s fantastic

Will need to pay attention to sound more next time. Head to Head

Been something that I’ve figured out the hard-way these past few months and something that is getting me into the softer compression aka RX/RXS

Your quantification of ball differences is helpful. I used to think ball really didn't matter that much. It was just marketing hype. Once I started setting scoring goals and looking at my game, I realized how small changes can make an impact. I've never done a formal fitting. I informally pick balls that feel best to me or give me a flight that I prefer, rightly or wrongly. I will see if I can get fitting this year. Blind trust is not my thing, but if there are quantitative data to back up a ball recommendation, I can start to understand why. That's what makes me tick.

36 holes on this ball now, still ready for more next weekend as you can see. Very durable cover and I get plenty of spin with my irons, and I play a set not known for high spin (CF16’s). No need for me to go with the RXS.

97280804-83D5-4888-B916-6CE01CD1477B.jpeg

5013FDEB-4A39-4A5E-8857-E582B5A81EDB.jpeg

When talking swing speed for these balls, is the 105 bench mark for driver?

When talking swing speed for these balls, is the 105 bench mark for driver?
Their above and below 105 parameters are based around driver, yep.

Played the X yesterday and really enjoyed just about everything about it. The cover was fantastic and very responsive. I am a fan. Will probably be giving these a go this year.

They are released the 14th, right?

Played the X yesterday and really enjoyed just about everything about it. The cover was fantastic and very responsive. I am a fan. Will probably be giving these a go this year.
It’s pretty wild, no? Even though I wrote the release for THP I caught myself saying aloud “sure, sure” a few times, but in my samples so far, it’s delivering.

Im excited to play on course with each ball today. Hoping for at least 9 each with each style.

It’s pretty wild, no? Even though I wrote the release for THP I caught myself saying aloud “sure, sure” a few times, but in my samples so far, it’s delivering.

Im excited to play on course with each ball today. Hoping for at least 9 each with each style.

Looking forward to your review, I have decided i will play one ball this year come hell or high water to smooth out my game. It will be a Bridgestone but i am not quite sure which one yet

I was all about continuing with the Pro V this year but got a chance to use it on Saturday. I ended up hitting a loose shot on a par 3 on the back and lost the ball. I asked if he had another I could use. Ha! And he did! So kept playing it till the end. Impressive.

I know the X probably isn't the one with the most distance but that's ok for me. Looking forward in seeing what you think in the end.

I really tried to beat the hell out of these earlier this week before the snow came in, and durability was a non-issue for me, sans the inevitable that will happen to ANY golf ball that hist a cart path.

The standout for me though is what I did with the RX into greens. I used to play the RX some time ago but the spin wasn't there for me into greens despite how much I love how "in play" it wants to be off the tee for me. So, the move to the S happened inevitably and I fell in love with the action into the greens. Well, the RX I was pulling BACKWARDS on full swings from clean (read: non spin killing) lies anywhere from 2-4 feet. This was pretty eye opening for me.

I saw more action out of the XS and RXS, but, the fact is that the RX was showing me that there is 100% something legit to this cover.

I really tried to beat the hell out of these earlier this week before the snow came in, and durability was a non-issue for me, sans the inevitable that will happen to ANY golf ball that hist a cart path.

The standout for me though is what I did with the RX into greens. I used to play the RX some time ago but the spin wasn't there for me into greens despite how much I love how "in play" it wants to be off the tee for me. So, the move to the S happened inevitably and I fell in love with the action into the greens. Well, the RX I was pulling BACKWARDS on full swings from clean (read: non spin killing) lies anywhere from 2-4 feet. This was pretty eye opening for me.

I saw more action out of the XS and RXS, but, the fact is that the RX was showing me that there is 100% something legit to this cover.
Oh man, do I have to move to the RX in this new ball?!

I won a dozen RX from Elliot Mellow and they came in yesterday. I also have a 2 back of XS that were delivered today so I am really looking forward to giving them both a try this weekend. Hopefully it won't be to wet despite a rain yesterday and some today. I struggle in wet conditions and want to give these balls fair try.

Did you find it more in play off the tee than the others in conjunction with, clearly, plenty of spin ?

It works for Rocco and Freddy ?
To me this is part of what makes Bridgestone marketing so confusing. I loved the B330S and was fit by Bridgestone for it yet was under the 105 driver speed. Did not like the next two iterations of the Tour balls but interested in this one for sure.

I think if they got rid of the over/under 105 item and focused on for example XS is slightly firmer feel with more spin, RXS is softer feel, more spin, maybe more iron distance, etc. that would make it easier for the consumer. Freddie is way over 105 but he is kind of the poster boy for the RXS. I know you have to test the various models but Ido think Bridgestone makes it confusing especially for most golfers that don’t spend a lot of time testing and researching golf.

really looking forward to trying the new RX, gamed the Tour BX today and a ball just a bit softer off the wedges and putter would be perfect if it maintained about the same spin. If that is what it would be that is...I will try both of them eventually

To me this is part of what makes Bridgestone marketing so confusing. I loved the B330S and was fit by Bridgestone for it yet was under the 105 driver speed. Did not like the next two iterations of the Tour balls but interested in this one for sure.

I think if they got rid of the over/under 105 item and focused on for example XS is slightly firmer feel with more spin, RXS is softer feel, more spin, maybe more iron distance, etc. that would make it easier for the consumer. Freddie is way over 105 but he is kind of the poster boy for the RXS. I know you have to test the various models but Ido think Bridgestone makes it confusing especially for most golfers that don’t spend a lot of time testing and researching golf.

Feel is not fitting though right?
And how much over is Couples now at his age? I think people might be surprised.

Back