2020 Bridgestone Tour B Golf Balls

Feel is not fitting though right?
And how much over is Couples now at his age? I think people might be surprised.

I am willing to bet that he is significantly over 105. He was long during his tour days. I am only a year younger than him and my recent sessions on TrackMan say my swing ranges between 98 and 101, so I would guess he has much more juice than I. Hey, let’s not be selling we senior players down the river. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::cry:

We have a golf expo in town this weekend and it looked like Bridgestone may have a booth there. That might be the both in most excited to see and I'm really hoping they do a fitting for the new ball there.

Feel is not fitting though right?
And how much over is Couples now at his age? I think people might be surprised.
I agree feel is not fitting and depending on a lot of factors with your swing, etc. can have you fit into a different ball then what you might think. I do though think feel although subjective would sway people especially if they don’t like a firmer or softer feel. When fitted for the 330S one of the things I really liked was the slight “click” it had off the club versus Pro V1 at the time.even though they performed pretty similar to me... same with a Chrome Soft. Personally I hate the feel of that ball but a lot of people don’t.

Golf Digest has an article showing his driver distance was 300.2 at 57 or a little over that age so not sure exactly what that swingspeed is but over 105 by a fair amount. You all were with Bridgestone so if you know the exact please share. Most people would not think of Fred as a shorter hitter and using RXS. That is my point and with Bridgestone continuing to say designed for over 105 or under105 to me makes their marketing confusing. Would rather them yank that out and focus on the characteristics of each ball. They have really good products but their messaging to me is not good and maybe why they have lost market share.

I agree feel is not fitting and depending on a lot of factors with your swing, etc. can have you fit into a different ball then what you might think. I do though think feel although subjective would sway people especially if they don’t like a firmer or softer feel. When fitted for the 330S one of the things I really liked was the slight “click” it had off the club versus Pro V1 at the time.even though they performed pretty similar to me... same with a Chrome Soft. Personally I hate the feel of that ball but a lot of people don’t.

Golf Digest has an article showing his driver distance was 300.2 at 57 or a little over that age so not sure exactly what that swingspeed is but over 105 by a fair amount. You all were with Bridgestone so if you know the exact please share. Most people would not think of Fred as a shorter hitter and using RXS. That is my point and with Bridgestone continuing to say designed for over 105 or under105 to me makes their marketing confusing. Would rather them yank that out and focus on the characteristics of each ball. They have really good products but their messaging to me is not good and maybe why they have lost market share.

Distance is a combination of three things.
1. Speed
2. Launch
3. Spin

Obviously others play a role such as descent and other items, but they trend off of these three things, which obviously trend off impact location. Our own @Canadan has a much faster swing speed than 105, but was fit into the RX, because it reduces spin. Then add forgiveness that lower compression can bring, especially those on the bubble.

With that said, 105 + or - is really a general guide and you will see their marketing coming that speaks far more in detail.

I view feel a little different than most. I think its generally an online thing used for validation more than it is in the real world of golf consumers. Am I right? Who knows. But I have gone around this country by RV and Plane and that is where my mind lies.

I hit the new RX today in the simulator and it looks like I picked up about 5-7 mph on the driver. The spin off the driver was around 2600 on average. It seemed to be a bit longer, but the real test will come tomorrow on course.

I was getting some crazy good spin numbers on full wedge shots according to the Sim.

I forgot to take the XS with me, but maybe one day next week I can get back down there to compare the two.

Last edited:
2 more weeks and then time to get fitted. I am only slightly frothing at the mouth about going back to Bridgestone as my ball of choice.

I submitted a VFit video and it said the RX is the one. I have a good amount of Chrome Soft balls so at some point I’ll try to grab a sleeve of these to compare.

1581121396931.jpeg

Distance is a combination of three things.
1. Speed
2. Launch
3. Spin

Obviously others play a role such as descent and other items, but they trend off of these three things, which obviously trend off impact location. Our own @Canadan has a much faster swing speed than 105, but was fit into the RX, because it reduces spin. Then add forgiveness that lower compression can bring, especially those on the bubble.

With that said, 105 + or - is really a general guide and you will see their marketing coming that speaks far more in detail.

I view feel a little different than most. I think its generally an online thing used for validation more than it is in the real world of golf consumers. Am I right? Who knows. But I have gone around this country by RV and Plane and that is where my mind lies.
How does lower compression improve forgiveness?

How does lower compression improve forgiveness?

Missing in different areas of the face, do multiple things to a golf ball.
One, outside of missing high, misses tend to increase spin. A lower compression ball combats that a bit.
Second, Missing reduces efficiency (obviously), but a lower compression ball being easier to compress can keep that efficiency higher.

I submitted a VFit video and it said the RX is the one. I have a good amount of Chrome Soft balls so at some point I’ll try to grab a sleeve of these to compare.

View attachment 8927084
Hoping my swing speed is still the same as yours at my fitting on Tuesday. I wasn't sure if the RX or the RXS would be better for me.

Hoping my swing speed is still the same as yours at my fitting on Tuesday. I wasn't sure if the RX or the RXS would be better for me.

i took the video on the range before the round so that’s the lower end for me. I question the spin numbers though.

Gonna be chilly during my round tomorrow but RX may be in play and will try to compare to prior RX if the course isn’t busy

woo hoo, stopped in the local shop and they had the new balls out, said they were allowed to put them out last night.

Picked up a dozen RX to put in play tomorrow.

Day one order of a dozen RX and a dozen RXS will happen. I simply cannot wait to get these on a LM.

I just did the “find my ball” exercise on the Bridgestone website using recent TrackMan data from my new SpeedZone driver. With average swing speed of around 100 and ball speed of 148 (along with the other parameters), it fit me to the Tour B XS.

52D45CCE-A61E-435C-AF23-D78AAA9B961C.pngXS.

I am bummed that the Tour B XS is not available in yellow. It actually might be a deal killer.

A bit if a disclaimer: my swing as terrible for the most part today. I just didn't have it especially on the front 9. The back 9 was better, but still not much to talk about.

With that said, I love the new XS. I played the the RX on the front and really liked how it felt. Distance was good on the driver and the bad swings were not punished as much as they probably would have been with the previous model. That matches up with the lower side spin numbers I saw on the Sim.

My good drives were definitely a bit longer than with the previous RX. The check on the green was a lot better in my opinion than the prior version as well. Felt great off the putter!!!

I switched to the XS on the back 9 and felt like I had a bit more control than I did with the RX. It was great off the tee. I was more successful off the tee box on the back than the front and I have to think that it is in part to the XS spin being even less than the RX, but I have no real numbers to base that on. Just gut feeling. I really felt like the XS performed a bit better for me than the RX. I definitely felt like it performs better on wedges and chips, but both balls were great.

I was fit into the RXS in the prior model, but played the XS more as for whatever reason it worked better on course for me than the RXS. I am really interested in comparing the RXS and the XS to see which one performs better for me. I will probably pick up a dozen of those upon release.

Both balls were extremely durable and I really liked how both of them felt. I feel like I could play with either and be happy, but would choose the XS over the RX.

I will buy a sleeve of the X and aSleeve of the RX...then i shall decide

I am willing to bet that he is significantly over 105. He was long during his tour days. I am only a year younger than him and my recent sessions on TrackMan say my swing ranges between 98 and 101, so I would guess he has much more juice than I. Hey, let’s not be selling we senior players down the river. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::cry:
Fred is right on the line of 105 in our testings. We don’t get a ton of data from Fred because he basically wants to proto test on the course and doesn’t want to see stats. He tests balls on the course and we fit him up that way.
But he loves the new RXS and really loves it in yellow.

Fred is right on the line of 105 in our testings. We don’t get a ton of data from Fred because he basically wants to proto test on the course and doesn’t want to see stats. He tests balls on the course and we fit him up that way.
But he loves the new RXS and really loves it in yellow.

See Fred, Be like Fred

Back