Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

Yep, and I mention it being the one I would choose...so far. Gonna hit some more on the monitor tomorrow afternoon. Should be good to get some new data on a different day.

It’s a funny thing...throwing your data out there for all to consume. I feel vulnerable! Haha.

no need to feel vulnerable. your numbers are on the high end of most around here. I know I can only dream to sniff those kinds of numbers in terms of ball speed and carry.

we all have our own swings and the cool part is finding what fits the best to help us have fun on the course.

The TXG guys are my favorite to see numbers on new golf gear and how they might perform. They just released a video comparing the Epic Flash, Mavrik STD and Mavrik Max

The TXG guys are my favorite to see numbers on new golf gear and how they might perform. They just released a video comparing the Epic Flash, Mavrik STD and Mavrik Max

Max ftw...? Ha. Nice. Will def be trying the max out tomorrow. Head weight sounds a smidge concerning perhaps.

I would love to have even his bad hits. Good grief.

I watched it this morning. Great video. Wish we had Max heads here to test. Also, one thing that guys should consider if they're concerned about draw bias is going with a higher loft and turning it down toopen the face a bit. I might track down a Max head later for kicks and giggles.

Those spin numbers on the Max are gonna shock a lot of people.

Those spin numbers on the Max are gonna shock a lot of people.

yeah they are. heavy weight in the rear really makes the Max a fairway finder. I am seeing straight shots or a tighter fade dispersion.

I want to hit the Max.

Feel like this was discussed previously, but sound difference with the Max?

I’m assuming the 50% additional trade in is thru Callaway and not thru say Club Champion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m assuming the 50% additional trade in is thru Callaway and not thru say Club Champion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes.

Golf Galaxy is doing it through March 7th, I think that's the date.

ELY gave me $30 on my trade before the 50% bump on Monday than GG was giving.

Max ftw...? Ha. Nice. Will def be trying the max out tomorrow. Head weight sounds a smidge concerning perhaps.

at your speed and consistency, the max seems to make a ton of sense. plenty of speed, not low spin, but with added stability.

So, today I decided to goof around with a 9° standard Mavrik at my local club while using their launch monitor. I was first to hit this head and I found it so enjoyable pulling the plastic wrapper off. Normally, 9° is too little loft for my liking but the head pro set the driver up in a very interesting fashion. To start, I had my shaft, which plays 44.75” in my Mavrik SZ, in the Mavrik head with the stock 5G weight. The club was too light for my tastes. Numbers were decent but I couldn’t feel the club. Then the head pro put a 14G in the head and the magic happened. My CHS jumped up 2 mph, launch came up 1° over my SZ, ball speed jumped 2 plus mph and spin stayed between 2300-2500 rpm. The ball only knew how to fly straight! Extra 4 yards on average carry over my SZ! I negotiated with the pro to buy the head and he allowed me to. Now I just have to figure out which head on a game by game basis. I love both heads so I can’t go wrong!

Coach Lockley got fit for the Mavrik Max so he can beat Crossfield. Apparently people shouldn't overlook the Max. And the Mavrik 4W, and Mavrik Hybrids, too.

Coach Lockley got fit for the Mavrik Max so he can beat Crossfield. Apparently people shouldn't overlook the Max. And the Mavrik 4W, and Mavrik Hybrids, too.

Nice! I’m surprised they did’t try a bit heavier shaft for him...juust to see. They talked about strike etc then only appear to have tested lighter options.

I might try to give the Mavrik a hit this weekend as I have a sim round booked at my instructors place, but have watched the TXG videos on comparisons between the Epic Flash and Mavrik range

Now I certainly don't hit the ball anything like Matt does on the videos, but I wonder how much, if any, improvement I will see over my current Epic Flash Sub Zero

I found it interesting to hear them say that if you were fitted for the Epic Flash range last year, then you may not see any benefit from the Mavrik, but if you couldn't get the best out of the Epic Flash range then the Mavrik range could be the option for you this year

I might try to give the Mavrik a hit this weekend as I have a sim round booked at my instructors place, but have watched the TXG videos on comparisons between the Epic Flash and Mavrik range

Now I certainly don't hit the ball anything like Matt does on the videos, but I wonder how much, if any, improvement I will see over my current Epic Flash Sub Zero

I found it interesting to hear them say that if you were fitted for the Epic Flash range last year, then you may not see any benefit from the Mavrik, but if you couldn't get the best out of the Epic Flash range then the Mavrik range could be the option for you this year
I would say Doc is leave the preconceived notions out of it if you can. And don't be surprised if the Mavrik SZ doesn't work but one of the other heads does. I think you will do fine with on of them, the Max is surprising a LOT of people.

I would say Doc is leave the preconceived notions out of it if you can. And don't be surprised if the Mavrik SZ doesn't work but one of the other heads does. I think you will do fine with on of them, the Max is surprising a LOT of people.

I have no doubt I will be able to get something that works, but it is whether or not it will be enough of a gain to make it worthwhile changing - I am certainly curious to try it, but to be honest, my priority this year is the other end of the bag, hence my posts in the Triple Track putter thread

I gained a lot last year with my fitting after how much my swing has improved and I just don't know if the new drivers this year are enough of a jump for me to change so quick

I have no doubt I will be able to get something that works, but it is whether or not it will be enough of a gain to make it worthwhile changing - I am certainly curious to try it, but to be honest, my priority this year is the other end of the bag, hence my posts in the Triple Track putter thread

I gained a lot last year with my fitting after how much my swing has improved and I just don't know if the new drivers this year are enough of a jump for me to change so quick
Sounds like a solid plan. I'm hoping to have some putter info this weekend for you. Just carpet putting right now.

Head weight is an easy fix.

I'm itching to hit mine. Unfortunately its like the coldest day of the year here at the moment. So that's not happening today. Hopefully at some point this weekend if it warms up a bit.

I believe that if you are in the center of the face the Mavrik and Epic Flash will be nearly identical. If you are like me and live outside the sweet spot then the Mavrik will be more forgiving.

Back