If Skill Wasn’t an Issue: Iron Edition

Hogan Medalions
or Titelist 690 MB forgeds-l300.jpg

product_131759.jpg

I would probably reshaft my Hogan Apex Plus irons.

Wilson Staff Tour Blades circa 1980. Back in high school, several of my friends played them ( I played a mismatched set of hand me downs).

I'd go with something current, Mizuno MP-20, Srixon Z Forged, or maybe Ben Hogan Ft. Worth.

I’d still take some forgiveness...Apex Pro or T-100.

It would definitely be a blade but I'm not sure which. Maybe the new Hogan iron, some kind of Mizuno, Z Forged or the Wilson blade. I really liked the Ft. Worth when I tried them.

I'd go with National Custom Works for blades to my own specs, but I need a little bit of tech and boutique companies just don't have it.

Wilson Staff Model Blades!!!! I. Want. Them. Badly.
1583096227243.png

Not that I disagree. It’s a great iron. But is it because of the irons themselves? Or because of who they are connected to?

No wrong answer. Just curious.

Out of the 3 sets I've played in my illustrious career (all 5 months of it), the srixon 565's...

Being an ApexFan I think I’d go Apex Pro. ;)

There's not much choice in this matter. The z585i I have right now with the Accra graphite shafts on them are the best irons I've ever played. :love:

The Ping Blueprints might be my pick. They combine some old and new things well imo, and I love the finish. The MP-20s feel great, but they're blinding.

Titleist T100 or T200’s

Without a doubt it would be a set of Mizuno MP-5's

The Rickie Protos look awesome or the p7tw for current clubs. Though to be honest I'll be the idiot that tries and plays them.

Going back in time the tn87 always looked good and so did the 680.

Maybe these:

646806E8-757A-4688-B526-DB312E14E6E6.jpeg

Back