Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

Good eye!

Welp, this one is stupid good too... Do I get a 6H now? :ROFLMAO:

I played PGA National on TrackMan today, and two of the Par 3s played 184 and 192. Easy pars on both, hitting each within 30 feet with the 5H.

Might as well. After playing a round on Golfzone yesterday, I was wishing that Callaway made a 5H in the pro model.

Haha, this is very true.

I’ve never liked hybrids. I’ve always tolerated one, because I appreciated the versatility. But my Mav hybrids might be my two favorite clubs in the bag. Hit them off the tee or deck, and they are just money.

I haven't yet hit my hybrids off the tee, but they really are money off the deck. I grabbed for my 4H over my 5i as I'm hitting the hybrid so well.

These fairways are something else. I have SZ models in the 3&5 woods. Need to fade it, check. Need to play a draw, check. Tee or fairways they are easy to hit without issue.
Only thing I am undecided on right now is the shaft. I have the Adila in one of my 3W's and the stock Riptide in the other. There is a difference and the Adila feels just a bit softer to me and not sure I like it. I have no issue hitting it, just can always tell the difference by feel of it though. Just the only thing that i need to sort out once we get a bit farther into the season.

These fairways are something else. I have SZ models in the 3&5 woods. Need to fade it, check. Need to play a draw, check. Tee or fairways they are easy to hit without issue.
Only thing I am undecided on right now is the shaft. I have the Adila in one of my 3W's and the stock Riptide in the other. There is a difference and the Adila feels just a bit softer to me and not sure I like it. I have no issue hitting it, just can always tell the difference by feel of it though. Just the only thing that i need to sort out once we get a bit farther into the season.

Having a hard time figuring whether I should go with a 4w or a 3w. When demoing clubs the other day, I was given the Tensei CK Pro Orange. That shaft was quite nice, but quite pricey. I have a fitting coming up this week, so I'll be able to get it all sorted. Was wondering if it made sense to go 4w and 3w+ considering that I have the 3h and 4h, which kicked the 5w out of my bag.

I finally get to hit my Mav 3 wood outdoors next week! I think this might be the club I'm most excited to hit and I'm looking forward to finally having some feedback for this thread.

For those playing the Maverick - I am considering adding an Epic flash Heavenwood delofted to 19 degrees in place for my Great Big Bertha Titanium. Is the Maverick that much better that I should just forgo the Epic flash?

For those playing the Maverick - I am considering adding an Epic flash Heavenwood delofted to 19 degrees in place for my Great Big Bertha Titanium. Is the Maverick that much better that I should just forgo the Epic flash?

While I've not played the EF Heavenwood, I've not spoken to a single person that hasn't loved the MAVRIK wood line. If you want to be able to make adjustments, then the Flash line is the way to go. If it's not that big of a deal, I'd go ahead and move into the MAVRIK line. They are all monsters.

Does anyone game 3,5 and 7 wood?
One of my most confident club is EF 7W. It’s lofted at 20*. It’s my 190y club. I should hit longer but it’s what it is.
But I hit Mavrik 5H 180y. It’s long for 23* hybrid for me. I wasn’t expecting it to go that far.
I want to get a Mavrik Max in 3 and 5 maybe skip 7W? Or go 4 standard &7 heaven wood ?
Anyone playing 7w on Mavrik?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having a hard time figuring whether I should go with a 4w or a 3w. When demoing clubs the other day, I was given the Tensei CK Pro Orange. That shaft was quite nice, but quite pricey. I have a fitting coming up this week, so I'll be able to get it all sorted. Was wondering if it made sense to go 4w and 3w+ considering that I have the 3h and 4h, which kicked the 5w out of my bag.
It's all about finding the right gapping. I have 3 and 5 then 4H in my bag (4h replaced the 5 iron) I also sub in a 3+ that I use on tight courses off the tee.

Ordered the standard 4 hybrid today. Ordered it 2 degrees flat, which I'm really hoping they can do (its listed as an option). Whole top of my bag is Mavrik now. Fun stuff.

One of my most confident club is EF 7W. It’s lofted at 20*. It’s my 190y club. I should hit longer but it’s what it is.
But I hit Mavrik 5H 180y. It’s long for 23* hybrid for me. I wasn’t expecting it to go that far.
I want to get a Mavrik Max in 3 and 5 maybe skip 7W? Or go 4 standard &7 heaven wood ?

Used to game a 7W, 4H took its place. I think a 3/5/7 woods in the Mavrik lines would be great.

Used to game a 7W, 4H took its place. I think a 3/5/7 woods in the Mavrik lines would be great.

I’m nervous about trading in one of my best club 7W. I’ll kill my self if it doesn’t work out. lol

I currently have 3w 5w 7w and 4h 5h 6h, all in the Max. I've been going with a combo of 5 of those, but I think I've settled on keeping all 3 woods and then the 5h and 6h in the bag. I really like the hybrids, but the woods are just too good to leave out.

I think ultimately, you just have to think about your needs and what you'll typically use each club for, then narrow down to which ones you get. If you do that, I don't think you can go wrong.

If I got a second set of Mav fairway woods, I would do standard 4/7 woods. I hit the 7w and it was a blast. A little longer than I expected. I just don’t have anywhere to put it, especially because I love my 4H.

This hybrid is just stupid.
I just saw a fitting that had this vs GAPR mid and the guy picked up 11 yards with the same loft and shaft. His miss is slightly toe side and turns out he is getting more distance there.

I’m nervous about trading in one of my best club 7W. I’ll kill my self if it doesn’t work out. lol

I wouldn't trade it, I kept mine for quite awhile after the Grandaddy fitting to make sure the 4H would work. I have become quite used to using the Hybrid over the 7wood. Launch is just as easy IMO and better out of the rough.

Have anywhere locally to test a 7W first?

I was obsessed with my EF Heavenwood, but the Mav line is a completely different animal to me. I really don't think you can go wrong. I could happily play so many different combinations of the fairway woods and hybrids.

Oh good grief, the clubs aren't going to implode if they don't have covers on them. First there's too many covers, then not enough. :cool:

Back