TaylorMade SIM Fairway Woods

The fitter basically said if you remember when the original RBZ came out how much ahead they were to everything else at the time that is what the SIM Max reminds him of. That was his opinion anyway and the RBZ was before my golf days so I am not sure if that is really accurate or not.

I still game an RBZ tour issue 5 wood that no joke gives me high 140s ball speeds. Thing is a beast.

I still game an RBZ tour issue 5 wood that no joke gives me high 140s ball speeds. Thing is a beast.
You might want to toy with the SIM line then as it is also a beast.

You might want to toy with the SIM line then as it is also a beast.
Yeah...ponders on the SIM 3 wood but the head size is Uuuuuuge

Yeah...ponders on the SIM 3 wood but the head size is Uuuuuuge
For some reason the SIM Max didn’t bother me at all. All I know is ball go far haha

The fitter basically said if you remember when the original RBZ came out how much ahead they were to everything else at the time that is what the SIM Max reminds him of. That was his opinion anyway and the RBZ was before my golf days so I am not sure if that is really accurate or not.
That’s boooooold talk in terms of comparison.

I'm a high handicapper that hits my RBZ 3 wood almost as far as my RBZ driver, and defiantly with much more accuracy. Seeing some youtuber reviews hitting the SIM 3 wood ~300 yards, might it be the best option to just forgo a driver altogether and just bag the SIM 3 wood?

I'm a high handicapper that hits my RBZ 3 wood almost as far as my RBZ driver, and defiantly with much more accuracy. Seeing some youtuber reviews hitting the SIM 3 wood ~300 yards, might it be the best option to just forgo a driver altogether and just bag the SIM 3 wood?
Just remember, smaller face/club head means less forgiving, always.

I demoed the SIM Ti 3 wood yesterday and it feels great. Especially compared to the deadish thud the M5 has. The face sets up a bit shut to my eye in the std hosel position, which bothered me a bit. As for ball speed, the club is quite fast, but I was pretty surprised to see the mavrik SZ head was 4-5 mph faster. Nice fw no doubt.

Last edited:
I bought one today. It will not unseat my Mavrick SZ 3w.

I’m on the lookout for a head only option in the SIM TI 3 wood to replace my m5.

Ok, this SIM fairway has some insane ball speeds!!! I lofted mine up to 17* hoping for more height and spin, but these numbers are crazy. Blows away my m6 3w from this past season

df29cf7dc1d3224445f1fd2ab504d3a1.jpg
fd9809adbd3b06c0c1b3bd4121f7a5a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, this SIM fairway has some insane ball speeds!!! I lofted mine up to 17* hoping for more height and spin, but these numbers are crazy. Blows away my m6 3w from this past season

I'd say that's right up there ?

Sim ti 3 wood feels better and was more forgiving than my mavrik sZ. Better off the deck as well. The speedzone fairway is right up there with the sim as best fairway this year in my opinion. Just great options off tee and off the deck.

It looks like it was hooking badly for you. 5 of 9 shots were more than 35 yards left of target. 3 were 50 yards or more left. Do you feel like it has too much draw bias?

it seems to have a draw bias IMO... I have the 3w lofted up to 17* so I can tell the face is closed. Im gonna head to the store this week and try the 5w and loft down to 17*. Other thing im considering is going heavier in shaft. Right now on the 3w I have 3 strips of tape on the toe

it seems to have a draw bias IMO... I have the 3w lofted up to 17* so I can tell the face is closed. Im gonna head to the store this week and try the 5w and loft down to 17*. Other thing im considering is going heavier in shaft. Right now on the 3w I have 3 strips of tape on the toe
How would you compare the 17 3w to your 17SH?

How would you compare the 17 3w to your 17SH?

Super Hybrid seems to have a more penetrating flight. I dont have the numbers for the SH but id guess the peak height was lower with SH vs SIM. Ball speeds were 11 mph faster with SIM 3w. I found SH easier to control, maybe due to the shorter length shaft. The SIM had low hooks in there so id guess both launch and spin would be higher making it more playable in my bag. Kept one shot in there with 6* launch

Last numbers I have with both to compare (different days):

SH 17*: Ball Speed 146.9, 13.5 launch, 2735 spin, 248 carry, 265 total

Sim 17*: Ball Speed 157.7, 12.1 launch, 3091 spin, 262 carry, 282 total

Super Hybrid seems to have a more penetrating flight. I dont have the numbers for the SH but id guess the peak height was lower with SH vs SIM. Ball speeds were 11 mph faster with SIM 3w. I found SH easier to control, maybe due to the shorter length shaft. The SIM had low hooks in there so id guess both launch and spin would be higher making it more playable in my bag. Kept one shot in there with 6* launch

Last numbers I have with both to compare (different days):

SH 17*: Ball Speed 146.9, 13.5 launch, 2735 spin, 248 carry, 265 total

Sim 17*: Ball Speed 157.7, 12.1 launch, 3091 spin, 262 carry, 282 total
Nice, thanks for the info! So would you carry both or choose one depending on the course. Great distances on those clubs!

I got a couple options now. Between the 3w, 790 UDI, and SH all 3 I have at 17*. Id rotate the 3 clubs depending on course. I think the SH is the most versatile as both tee and fairway club. If I put in the 3w I would loft up the SH to 19* .... If I had bought the 3w first I would have went with SH at 20* instead

I got a couple options now. Between the 3w, 790 UDI, and SH all 3 I have at 17*. Id rotate the 3 clubs depending on course. I think the SH is the most versatile as both tee and fairway club. If I put in the 3w I would loft up the SH to 19* .... If I had bought the 3w first I would have went with SH at 20* instead

What about your Cobra clubs?

Nice, thanks for the info! So would you carry both or choose one depending on the course. Great distances on those clubs!
What about your Cobra clubs?
Other than the SIM from 3 days ago, I bought all new clubs end of December before knowing about Morgan Cup...... Once I find out the options for Cobra I'm gonna go a different route so I dont have 2 of the same setups. I plan on getting a hybrid through cobra

I'm starting to get the itch to give the SIM and SIM Max a few test swings for that 3 wood spot in my bag

As much as I was hoping to have the Cobra Speedzone Big Tour 3 wood in my bag this year, I have struggled with it. I had really good success with the M5 last year, so I decided to try the Rocket Sim Ti 3 wood. Wow, this one must fit my swing. In my round yesterday, I hit a drive of about 265 on a par 5. I had about 265 or 270 to the center of the green. The group in front of me was on the green. I figured I could never get there, so why wait for the green to clear. I was shocked to see my ball land right on the front of the green and roll through to just off the back of the green. I did not measure it, but I figure I must have hit the ball 275-ish, longer than my drive using driver. I apologized profusely to the group in front and inside was smiling from ear to ear. Honestly, it did not feel like I swung that hard.

I hit another couple of balls during my round with this club, both tee balls. I measured both with Golf Shot. One went 257 yards and the other went 276 yards. Call me smitten.

Last edited:
Back