Usernames and Avatar: Explain Yours

billyh is because my name is Raeford Thaddeus Shreveport the Third but I go by Billy for short. And if you believed that, I also have some ocean front property in Arizona I’d like to sell you. My avatar is from a round I played with a good friend at Disney’s Magnolia course. My family is a huge fan of all things Disney so a picture of the happiest place on turf is fitting.

Username is where I live...

Avatar is something that @Space Bandito started last October at Mike Hess Brewing during the Small Batch Experience with Project X. It’s the logo from the Hop Cloud IPA. He said that I shared a resemblance and wrote YUKON on a coaster... I liked it and snapped a photo!

"Shared a resemblance" is a huge understatement.

I've been using DSW1519 on forums for a long time.

DSW are my initials. Unfortunately I don't have anything to do with the DSW shoe stores.
1519 has a special meaning to me. I am very fortunate to have an amazing family and terrific parents. One of my Aunts was like a second mother to me and I was the son she never had. She was there for me during a very difficult time in my life and we had a very special bond. She passed away back in 2007. 1519 was her house number for most of her life, so I use that kind of as a showing of respect for her and what she meant to me.

MNMarc cause my name is Marc and I’m from Minnesota. I really put a lot of thought into it. My avatar is a picture of my brother Dimples when he was in 6th grade. Just kidding Matty!
I’ve used that same pic for my fantasy football team for the past decade. It’s a smile that can light up a room!

MNMarc cause my name is Marc and I’m from Minnesota. I really put a lot of thought into it. My avatar is a picture of my brother Dimples when he was in 6th grade. Just kidding Matty!
I’ve used that same pic for my fantasy football team for the past decade. It’s a smile that can light up a room!
I always wondered what you avi was for :LOL::ROFLMAO:

hailoffire

I'm a weather geek and also like first person shooter games. Its also usually available on anything that requires a username creation

Tee/Ski: The two sports I still love to do. Golfing and Skiing. I wanted it to flow a bit better so I went with Tee. I had planned to just use my actual name (Dan) but when I was perusing the forums most everyone had a unique screen name and I went with the flow.

No avatar for me. I'll get around to finding a good one someday!

Avatar is the first tee at my home course. Bucketsofjoy... Man I wish I knew where that came from.

I think its because I'm so joyful.

This is a great thread! It's great to know a little bit about everyone on here.

Mine is my first name which is an Indian name (pronounced NICK HILL)
In Sanskrit, my name means "complete but with no limits"

My avatar is a selfie at Chikmagalur Golf Club which is a course in India's coffee country.
The image was much cooler full size with the forest covered hills in the background.

Last edited:
when I was a young Corporal, the base commanding general came up to check in on Range Control...when he walked in, I was by myself with 4 different radios going bonkers with units going on hot on ranges and F18s flying around those ranges, and doing their own live fire training...the phone was ringing and I had the TV volume turned all the way up so I could hear it over the squelch of the radios...I had handsets draped all over both shoulders, on in my hand and I picked up the phone and just set it down when he and his staff walked in...they let me work and get everything quiet for a few minutes...and the first thing he says is "Well....Corporal Williams....you're just chilly willy up here by yourself and have everything under control..." (Which I did..showed him all the logbook entries and other data tracking (showing range diagrams, weapons impact areas plotted while talking on the radios, aircraft position reports on our radar, etc.)

after that, everyone called me chilly willy...then just shortened in to chili...then I wanted to be "extra" and changed it to "chile"

when I was a young Corporal, the base commanding general came up to check in on Range Control...when he walked in, I was by myself with 4 different radios going bonkers with units going on hot on ranges and F18s flying around those ranges, and doing their own live fire training...the phone was ringing and I had the TV volume turned all the way up so I could hear it over the squelch of the radios...I had handsets draped all over both shoulders, on in my hand and I picked up the phone and just set it down when he and his staff walked in...they let me work and get everything quiet for a few minutes...and the first thing he says is "Well....Corporal Williams....you're just chilly willy up here by yourself and have everything under control..." (Which I did..showed him all the logbook entries and other data tracking (showing range diagrams, weapons impact areas plotted while talking on the radios, aircraft position reports on our radar, etc.)

after that, everyone called me chilly willy...then just shortened in to chili...then I wanted to be "extra" and changed it to "chile"

Great story, @chile. But to be truthful, I was thinking of that Mexican weather forecast for some reason. "Chili today, hot tamale" Silly isn't it? :laughing:

Great story, @chile. But to be truthful, I was thinking of that Mexican weather forecast for some reason. "Chili today, hot tamale" Silly isn't it? :laughing:

this also works...plus, it's shorter :LOL::LOL::LOL:

How's the new Seemore working for you?

a few practice rolls felt nice...it's "heavier" than the si but I don't know how much that has to do with it being a 37" vs 35" on the si...i'll roll it a little more and see...but at $37, it is well worth it.

"Snowman" because when I joined in 2010, that number featured prominently on my scorecards. It's also a touch of irony because I absolutely hate cold weather. I chose the avatar because it just went along with the snowman score.

Name: Nate
When I orig. signed up I figured why wouldn't I put my name in there? Was the best thing I did. Made it so much easier at THP events for people to remember me! Ha-Ha

When THP switched to the new format (which I enjoy BTW), I couldn't tell what threads I had posted in, etc. so a solid pink color was the best way at the time to see where I had been and it stood out.

Smart! Never thought of that.

McLovin because somebody told me I look like Christopher Mintz-Plasse. I've also been told I look like a doughier version of Joel Osteen. winning?

Avatar should be pretty self-explanatory. But if you're a member of THP and you don't know what my avatar is, I won't spoil it for you. Just search "Grandaddy" and prepare to have your mind BLOWN.

I've also been told I look like a doughier version of Joel Osteen.
Yeah...I can see that. But you are so much cooler. I prefer to think of it as "Joel Osteen is a starved version of McLovin"

TrapGodEvan was a nickname I got at one of my serving jobs back in college. Not really a story behind it, was just joking around with coworkers and referred to myself as TrapGod (yes the Trap God like Gucci Mane raps about) because I am the furthest thing from it. Then it just kind of stuck. I have thought about changing it but I don't know. It is kind of like my cocky alter ego when I jokingly refer to myself in the third person.
Picture is of my dad and I on Kaanpalli golf course in Hawaii.

Grins is taken from the last part of my last name - it was a nickname since grade school.
The avatar is a photo from a family vacation at Put-In-Bay (South Bass Island in Lake Erie). There was this antique Mercedes Benz parked outside of a winery with the most polite guard dog ever. Just thought it was a cool image.

I’ve had same username in multiple forums for probably 30-35 years, grew up with nickname “JimmyD” so initially tried to use it as username along the way but was always taken. Honestly cannot remember what the 38 & 64 represent but may have been the last 4 digits of phone#.

Avatar gets rotated every so often, I am Canadian so always try and get our national logo somehow embedded. As the story goes around here and @Stemmy66 can attest, being the unofficial “originator” of the Canadian term “Eh” (long story) I did have that built into logo for awhile until a recent change. The guys at the Morgan Cup used to have fun with me because I end probably 50% of my spoken sentences with “eh”!

Back