I collected as a kid and played the original games. Got addicted to pokemon Go for a while as well. It was almost like living the childhood dream..

Don't play anything now but I'll probably pick up one of the new games for the switch next time I go on holiday.

Pokemon is all my 7 year-old talks about, even during school. His teacher told that they were doing a math problem and the only way he would finish it was she had to word it with pokemon. :banghead:

I'd love to have the money back that My Wife, Myself & my oldest Son has spent on Pokemon cards for him over the years.
He used to play in and won a few tournaments tho. Now that faze has passed. I guess that's is no different than I was with
baseball, basketball & football cards tho.

I collected as a kid.. very heavily

I play Sword & Shield on the Switch as well
I casually play the games now when I need a lighthearted RPG fix. I was a little old for them as a kid, unfortunately. Probably would have loved it.

Isn't there an iphone version in which you search for Pokeman and capture them? I remember that a few years ago with my own kids.
Cal and I have been playing that a ton. Saves money buying packs, that's for sure!

It's been a blast. I love watching him build something that will actually last him more than six months.

Yo @KEV let's chat about this!

You guys catching any shiny pokemon recently?
I tell you what, Adam and I need to step up our Pokemon games. We've only had it downloaded for a couple of weeks and I was traveling quite a bit in that time. Anytime we go out for a walk or shopping Adam makes sure we check for any Pokemon. When I get back from this trip I think a Pokemon blitz is due!

My 6 year old loves it. I dont understand it at all and I dont think he does either, but he loves getting those GX and EX cards.

A few years ago I played pokemon go with my niece. She was in CO, me here in MT. We followed up regularly over text about our experiences and progress. Loved it. 50-something running around with his phone looking for rare pokemon. I would always ask the kids for help. Fun times.

I collected Pokemon TCG heavily between 1st and 3rd grade, then I moved on to Yu-gi-oh which I've collected for the better part of the last 20 years. Thank goodness I found a cheaper hobby in golf because TCG's were breaking the bank.
A few years ago Pokemon did a re-release/update of the original card set with the booster set of XY Evolutions and I started buying them again just to have some cool stuff for nostalgia purposes.
Now I have a daughter and I have a feeling that she'll get into it as well, so I'm glad I kept most of it

I was just a little too old for Pokemon or similar card games. But, pogs, anyone have pogs?? honestly a pretty similar idea.

My 6 year old loves it. I dont understand it at all and I dont think he does either, but he loves getting those GX and EX cards.
haha, yeah, Cal is way too young to understand how to play the game, so we're mostly collecting, however we do play 'war' with all the cards that are doubles from his collection. He went from not knowing the HP values to knowing them AND knowing who wins which is pretty awesome. Then we count our stacks at the end of the game for more maths.

That said, Pokemon Go has been awesome. As the game has multiple ways to experience it, we've gone big with going to catch pokemon and battling gyms and team rocket. I think his favorite thing to do is knock people out of the gyms hahahaha - Plus it gets us out of the house and moving.

yes we played both pokemon go and the game. just a heads up if you have people in other states you can have them log on and collect pokemon for you we did this with his uncle to get pokemon from cali as we live in mass and if you walk on the golf course keep it open to get those steps in to hatch eggs

Last night after work my 6 year old and I took a walk around the neighborhood and found 5 different Pokemon hanging around. It was awesome because my son wanted to be lazy and not go for a walk but perked up really quick when I pulled out my phone. I really need to do some research though because I have no idea what to do other than collect them.

I just had to stop by and read the context of this Pokémon thread started by Canadan. 🤣. All good now.

@Canadan it was like a Pokemon gold mine!
85A491C3-73A2-4CDB-B990-AA080FC55B86.png

I’ve been playing Pokémon Go off and on for 3.5 years. My Wife is the real Pokémon enthusiast in the relationship. On a related note, I moved back to Pennsylvania last year and bought a house so my Mom saw it as the perfect opportunity to remove my old junk from her house, including my Pokémon cards. Haven’t opened that box yet!
668E13BD-5EF3-4464-AF89-DC2049246FC5.png

I’ve been playing Pokémon Go off and on for 3.5 years. My Wife is the real Pokémon enthusiast in the relationship. On a related note, I moved back to Pennsylvania last year and bought a house so my Mom saw it as the perfect opportunity to remove my old junk from her house, including my Pokémon cards. Haven’t opened that box yet!
View attachment 8932637
I'd love to see the goods in that box. We're in full Pokemon card acquisition mode here at Casa de Canadan haha

If that's your house, I hate you hahaha

We're obsessed with finding shiny pokemon right now. I'll have to share a couple pics.
Unfortunately it's a few blocks away but it was a heyday!

A bit ago we used one of those attractant spell things that lasts for an hour and attracts the Pokemon to your location. My son had a blast sitting in my phone waiting for them to pop up. Until he ran out of Pokeballs. Now we have to figure out a way to get more.

Oh, and we figured out how he can have a little buddy tag along. Adam loves this feature.

1AF8E858-92BB-4637-A8FD-CC995E63BA9A.jpeg

My wife and I both play the games and love them. Always been a fan. When I played hs basketball would bring my game boy color (lime green) to play Pokémon on the long bus rides. Got laughed at for a while but just a few weeks later the whole team was playing. It’s just damn fun and a nice escape.

Unfortunately it's a few blocks away but it was a heyday!

A bit ago we used one of those attractant spell things that lasts for an hour and attracts the Pokemon to your location. My son had a blast sitting in my phone waiting for them to pop up. Until he ran out of Pokeballs. Now we have to figure out a way to get more.

Oh, and we figured out how he can have a little buddy tag along. Adam loves this feature.

View attachment 8932687
Just FYI, they are selling 30 incense right now (what you're talking about) for 1 pokecoin in the store to accommodate social distancing during COVID BS. They also amped up the spawn so you're basically going to see one per minute. It's a riot.

Reactions: KEV
So, Dollar Tree has 3 card packs for a buck. Bought Cal 12 of them last night.
He pulls the rarest card in sword and shield today haha. Market value of 50 bucks. Unreal.

1585320597905.png

• Appreciation
Reactions: KEV
So, Dollar Tree has 3 card packs for a buck. Bought Cal 12 of them last night.
He pulls the rarest card in sword and shield today haha. Market value of 50 bucks. Unreal.

View attachment 8933934
Very cool! I may have to head to Dollar Tree this weekend to hook Adam up. He'd be pretty pumped if I brought some home.

Back