haha, a bit of a bloody nose and incredibly sad about the phone, but he's a champ. Dusted, fed, and on to more catching with the iPad (which sucks by the way :LOL:)
Glad to hear. Kids are resilient! Especially where there's more Pokemon to catch!

My son used to collect when he was younger. I never really understood it & his Obession soon passed. I think we have tons of playing cards around.
If I can find them we are more than happy to send them your way @Canadan

My son used to collect when he was younger. I never really understood it & his Obession soon passed. I think we have tons of playing cards around.
If I can find them we are more than happy to send them your way @Canadan
Dude!! Cal would lose his mind!

Dude!! Cal would lose his mind!
I’m going to start digging through some boxes. Hoping we didn’t ditch them when we moved. However I think I know where they may be.

We have a trainer down! I repeat, a trainer down hahaha

View attachment 8979813

looks like it’s back to the iPad for a bit for little man while I get this bad boy fixed haha

well if it makes him feel any better, that’s exactly the kind of thing ash ketchum would do while catching Pokémon. I grew up right in the Pokémon era. Watched the original series and a little bit of the rest. Collected cards, played the games the whole 9 yards. I wish I had the time to justify buying a switch and playing the new games although I’m not a huge fan of the multiple generations or mega evolutions.
I played Pokémon go for a short while as well, it’s a great game the more involved you get.
Glad to see your kid enjoys it so much, as I know how much I did when I was growing up!

well if it makes him feel any better, that’s exactly the kind of thing ash ketchum would do while catching Pokémon. I grew up right in the Pokémon era. Watched the original series and a little bit of the rest. Collected cards, played the games the whole 9 yards. I wish I had the time to justify buying a switch and playing the new games although I’m not a huge fan of the multiple generations or mega evolutions.
I played Pokémon go for a short while as well, it’s a great game the more involved you get.
Glad to see your kid enjoys it so much, as I know how much I did when I was growing up!
haha hell yeah! PoGo has changed so much since release. It's been a blast playing with him especially this year when getting out and doing stuff is so much harder.

Trying to buy a gift for a friends children. If they are Pokemon kids do they prefer cards or gift cards to iTunes to play the game?

Trying to buy a gift for a friends children. If they are Pokemon kids do they prefer cards or gift cards to iTunes to play the game?

my cousin's boys go crazy for the cards. Ages 10 and 7

Do you know anything about what they do with Pokemon? Do they have cards? Play the video games? Etc?

Do you know anything about what they do with Pokemon? Do they have cards? Play the video games? Etc?

They use cards I believe, but also an iPhone.
Genuinely no idea, but are fantatics for it.

They use cards I believe, but also an iPhone.
Genuinely no idea, but are fantatics for it.
The phone based stuff is hard because while I assume it would be Pokemon Go, the in game currency can't be bought with a card, usually just through whatever they have linked to their account (iTunes, PayPal, etc).

Cards are probably a lot easier. You can't really go wrong buying individual packs, however a lot of the time they have different box based options that get kids fired up.

1607982832513.png

Or if you want to go bigger, the Elite Trainer Box is probably the coolest thing you can get a pokemon card collector as it has a bunch of stuff from the latest offerings;

1607982717273.png

Are those periods and commas in the wrong spot?
haha, you'd think.

Pokemon Cards just went WAY up in value overall. I used to buy my Son some random rare cards for a buck apiece or whatever, as backup if one of our pack opening sessions went poorly or if he was super good. Now everything is way more expensive. What used to be a dollar is now 4-5 and that adds up quickly.

Thank you so much that helps me a lot

Now @JB has me going down the rabbit hole on what Elite Trainer Boxes I haven't gotten tiny human yet hahaha!

It's insane how fast these series move.

Sword and Shield launched in early February this year. Since then, there have been;
Rebel Clash
Darkness Ablaze
Vivid Voltage
Champion's Path

That is pretty wild how quickly it moves.

This weekend we exchanged gifts with my side of the family. My son had a Scizor V card in the Pokémon pack that was in his stocking. You’d have thought there was a $100 bill in there. He was very excited. He showed it to me...yep looks pretty shiny. I have no idea anything about Pokémon. He doesn’t play, he just collects.

Haven’t read all this, but just so you know.... Pokémon cards are on the rise again... if you are able to buy certain packs and find certain cards... they can turn a quick and great profit.

Oh, it's way crazier than that when graded....

View attachment 8980031

Oh I know about the graded ones as well. My son collects hockey cards and he always wants to submit his good ones for sale hoping to get it graded 10 and then resell for a quick profit. It didn't take him long to figure out the game!

Oh I know about the graded ones as well. My son collects hockey cards and he always wants to submit his good ones for sale hoping to get it graded 10 and then resell for a quick profit. It didn't take him long to figure out the game!
My Son's rarest is a 50 dollar 'market value' card on one of the sites that resells. eBay is a little nuts on value - starting to wonder if i should get this bad boy graded and start working on his first car fund hahaha

My Son's rarest is a 50 dollar 'market value' card on one of the sites that resells. eBay is a little nuts on value - starting to wonder if i should get this bad boy graded and start working on his first car fund hahaha
I love that you went car and not college.

Go for it! It only costs like $12 to send a card to PSA but the wait times are long because everyone is playing the raw to graded flipping game hoping for 10's and resale. Itry to convince him that EVERYONE has PSA 10 cards of the hottest prospect from thisyeas set so get rid of it and turn his profit into a high graded rookie card of someone like Gretzky. Hot prospect could get hurt or fizzle out and prices drop overnight. It's not a rare card, just hype! Gretzky will only go up. Hes retired and in the Hall of Fame but what do I know, i'm old. I'm a Red Sox fan but I buy graded Mickey Mantle cards. It's like money in the bank.

Back