NEED a new Hybrid, what should I get?

Titleist 816 H1. Should be able to get one fairly cheap too. Best Hybrid I've played and it will take something very special to replace it.

If you want newer, I don't know.
I’ve flipped between two fairly contrasting hybrids - the Titleist 816H1 and the TaylorMade M1.

For height, consistency and forgiveness, the 816H1 is fantastic. It’s a little older but like @KY Golfer said, you should be able to find one pretty cheap now!

If exs hybrid is anything like driver it's solid... what about Srixon h85 or h65?

I’ve flipped between two fairly contrasting hybrids - the Titleist 816H1 and the TaylorMade M1.

For height, consistency and forgiveness, the 816H1 is fantastic. It’s a little older but like @KY Golfer said, you should be able to find one pretty cheap now!

Cool, thanks for your input @YukonLiving.

Cobra one length hybrids are the easiest hybrids to hit straight. Just sooo easy! I have no issues elevating the ball. The only downside is you lose a little distance due to the shorter shaft. The easy solution is if you want a 4 hybrid order a 3 OL. I love mine!

If exs hybrid is anything like driver it's solid... what about Srixon h85 or h65?

Don't know much about the H85. But @DG_1234 seemed to be a big fan of his H65.

Cobra one length hybrids are the easiest hybrids to hit straight. Just sooo easy! I have no issues elevating the ball. The only downside is you lose a little distance due to the shorter shaft. The easy solution is if you want a 4 hybrid order a 3 OL. I love mine!

I really have fallen in love with Cobra after getting the F9 driver. There is no doubt those will be a part of the demos. Both the F9 and then the Speedzone.

I really have fallen in love with Cobra after getting the F9 driver. There is no doubt those will be a part of the demos. Both the F9 and then the Speedzone.
Great live stream on today... Maybe a Speedzone 4iron? They seem to say it's a rocket launcher.

I recently purchased a CLK 2H and it's a rocket in replacement for a fairway wood. I would have to hit a 4H against the Ping G410 to play it in that part of my bag due to distance gaps.

Although I am getting impatient and just want to buy one, I know the smart thing is to demo them. What pushed you to picking the Mav over the 220?
I was slightly more consistent with the Mav Pro hybrid (much more consistent with the Mav Standard fairway wood than EXS 220 fairway wood). Ended up choosing the Mav Pro because I liked the sound slightly better and felt I could shape it better.

Great live stream on today... Maybe a Speedzone 4iron? They seem to say it's a rocket launcher.

That live stream was epic yesterday. The Speedzone 4 sounds good, but my current 4 Iron is great, and is my 215-220 club. If the Speedzone would go 230-35 for me, then that could be the one.
I recently purchased a CLK 2H and it's a rocket in replacement for a fairway wood. I would have to hit a 4H against the Ping G410 to play it in that part of my bag due to distance gaps.

So you are hitting that 2H as far as you were with your 3W?

That live stream was epic yesterday. The Speedzone 4 sounds good, but my current 4 Iron is great, and is my 215-220 club. If the Speedzone would go 230-35 for me, then that could be the one.

So you are hitting that 2H as far as you were with your 3W?

Actually yes. I struggle with 3 wood accuracy more than distance. I can control the CLK much better (I'm guessing shorter shaft and strike) and still get a carry around 230 that fills that spot. I had never hit one until I ordered this sight unseen. I have no regrets.

Actually yes. I struggle with 3 wood accuracy more than distance. I can control the CLK much better (I'm guessing shorter shaft and strike) and still get a carry around 230 that fills that spot. I had never hit one until I ordered this sight unseen. I have no regrets.

That totally makes sense. What is the use of the extra distance if it is not accurate? Everyone wants to bomb the ball, but it does not equal low scores.

That totally makes sense. What is the use of the extra distance if it is not accurate? Everyone wants to bomb the ball, but it does not equal low scores.
^ Right. I'll take 200 yards somewhere in the general direction I intended over 230 yards and OB or unplayable/lost ball any day!

My SZ 3hybrid is the only hybrid that was able to turn me from hating hybrids to loving it. I didn't really want to get one but I hit one on a lark when I was trying to find a 5-wood to hit and ended up loving the feel and setup with it. It's the only club I have currently in my bag that I actually have a hard time hitting it anything but straight. I can shape my 5-wood in either direction but the damn hybrid just wants to go straight. :)

Just for clarity, I use my 3h 19 deg to fit 225ish carry distance and i have my 5wood turned down to 17 degrees to play more like a 4wood and carry 240ish.

My SZ 3hybrid is the only hybrid that was able to turn me from hating hybrids to loving it. I didn't really want to get one but I hit one on a lark when I was trying to find a 5-wood to hit and ended up loving the feel and setup with it. It's the only club I have currently in my bag that I actually have a hard time hitting it anything but straight. I can shape my 5-wood in either direction but the damn hybrid just wants to go straight. :)

Just for clarity, I use my 3h 19 deg to fit 225ish carry distance and i have my 5wood turned down to 17 degrees to play more like a 4wood and carry 240ish.

I would be okay with it only going straight. Are your sporting a 3 wood at all?

I would be okay with it only going straight. Are your sporting a 3 wood at all?
Sounds like 4w which is money! Easier to launch and straighter

220 > Mavrik unless you’re only focused on distance.

Sounds like 4w which is money! Easier to launch and straighter

Right! Wow, this is a harder decision than naming my future baby :ROFLMAO:

220 > Mavrik unless you’re only focused on distance.

Copy. I think I will get the distance I want with the 220. Not worried about that. Accuracy and forgiveness are probably the biggest things.

Right! Wow, this is a harder decision than naming my future baby :ROFLMAO:

Golf is a game of continuation... 3w/4w and 3h/4h narrow it down... Seems 220 and mavrik are winning the best in show votes

Golf is a game of continuation... 3w/4w and 3h/4h narrow it down... Seems 220 and mavrik are winning the best in show votes

No doubt. I think I would throw a Cobra F9 or Speedzone in as my #3 in that rotation.

Back