NEED a new Hybrid, what should I get?

I've really enjoyed my Cobra F8 hybrid the past 2 years. You might even still be able to find them new, I would imagine they are sub $100 at this point.

I just got a Titleist TS2 hybrid and really love the way this club feels. Might be worth a look

I would say, the one you hit the most consistently. For me, that is the Ping G410. So easy to launch.

I've really enjoyed my Cobra F8 hybrid the past 2 years. You might even still be able to find them new, I would imagine they are sub $100 at this point.

Since I am hitting a Cobra F9 driver, I figured the Hybrid would probably look and feel good as well. I am expanding my top 3 to demo to a top 5 and a Cobra will definitely be included. 💪

In no particular order, Top 5 Hybrids I am considering right now based off THP advice:

-Ping G 410
-Tour Edge EXS 220
-Callaway Super Hybrid
-Cobra (Of some kind)
-Ben Hogan VKTR

Open to some honorable mentions to sneak in.. Eventually leading me to a top 10 to demo 🤷‍♂️

Lots of quality hybrids now. I have the Callaway Big Bertha 2019 in 4H and 5H. They work well from tee or fairway and rough.

I love my Cobra F9 hybrids. However if you can find the Cobra BioCell hybrids that are in good shape, I'd give those a thumbs up as well. They're dirt cheap and honestly there's not much difference.

Deck? Mavrik and EXS tied, G410 next.

Thank you - Trying to talk more golf here. @Jman - Don't know how much on course testing you did, but which, EXS 220 or Mavrik, is likely to get the ball up, up and out of the rough? Because when I go visit friends/family in CA or UT, and play, the courses tend to have thicker, snaggly (?) rough that grabs the club more than where I play in N. Texas.

Thank you - Trying to talk more golf here. @Jman - Don't know how much on course testing you did, but which, EXS 220 or Mavrik, is likely to get the ball up, up and out of the rough? Because when I go visit friends/family in CA or UT, and play, the courses tend to have thicker, snaggly (?) rough that grabs the club more than where I play in N. Texas.
I do all my work, well I did all my work haha, on the course.

Slip Stream sole on the 220 Makes it more effective from the shag

Lots of quality hybrids now. I have the Callaway Big Bertha 2019 in 4H and 5H. They work well from tee or fairway and rough.

Definitely sounds like there a lot of quality hybrids out there 🙌 Not a bad position to be in right now.

I love my Adams Dhy Pro

Haha. Totally didn’t mean to post it in this thread.

Lol I figured. I will say, it was some nice comic relief as I discern this big Hybrid decision ;)

I would say, the one you hit the most consistently. For me, that is the Ping G410. So easy to launch.
My Ping hybrids were a few generations before that (K15) - they're easy to launch, but also very easy to hook. It got to the point where I was almost scared to take them out of the bag if there was any kind of trouble to the left.

For me this begins and ends with the Big Bertha hybrids. I cant get enough of these things.

I'll cast another vote for 2019 Callaway Big Bertha Hybrids. Great under-the-radar-clubs. In my opinion, this model was the biggest step up for Callaway. I can't say Mavrik or Super are better, IMHO.

CPO has "like-new" BB 2019 for about $100-120. Recoil shafts.
hybrids-2019-big-bertha____4.png

Nate, I'd find it helpful to figure out what I want in the club I'm replacing. In your bag, this is the club between your 3W and 4i. Obviously, you are looking for something more from the club you are trying to replace. What is it? Height and stopping power? Distance? More consistency? Different shot shape?

What is your shot shape and carry distance when you hit your current hybrid well? What does you big miss look like and how often does it happen?

If you are looking for a different distance, how long? What is your distance with your 3W? Your 4i? If getting this new distance results in a gap problem are you prepared to change other clubs?

Back