Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody buying the Russian death count?

1588879363070.png

I would love to see your data on the virus taking more lives than poverty.

The irony in this whole thing is just last week you were complaining that the golf course was too crowded for you to be able to play. It would seem that a luxury like that when lives are being lost would be completely unnecessary and even the slightest chance of infection passing for a recreational activity should not be allowed.

Isn’t that EXACTLY what you are saying here!

“Im not so sure its ok to allow the virus to simply go on taking lives for the sake of what imo is mostly materialism”

Im so tired of people continuing to say, that because I don’t want to lose my business that feeds my family, or watch my sister who is losing hers now that we don’t care about loss of lives.

The ability to help? Who is going to pay for my income or her income and the near 50 million other people’s income for the years to come? Saying we have the ability, without anything to support it is tough to swallow.

It's kinda like an ad hominem attack. Those that talk about "materialism" and the "economy" in a pejorative way, fail to realized there are real human beings behind that materialism/economy. People that need to feed their families, kids that go hungry, businesses that fail...and those that become unemployed due to those failures.

I say go with this, just as effective as the homemade mask, full face covering, and if you wear dirty clothes you'll not have to wait on any slow moving groups in front of you. :ROFLMAO:

GerryCheeversmaskfront_large.png

Here's a better goalie's mask for you. Gerry Cheevers model.

This is what I believe and is fact. Our response was delayed. Ttypically as in the Bush and Obama administrations, the Feds took charge. They have FEMA, CDC, NIH, etc. It's been somewhat succesful. This is a different way of doiing thiings - the Governors doing everythiing - they are not experienced with pandemics. Testing would be great as to data collection - but we need a good test - for those who are tested positive, why not collect data on antibodies?

As to my posts, believe me, I try to see both sides and when I talk with so-called conservative or liberals who disagree, I get it from both sides. I don't really care. It comes with the territory.

I apologize for making conclusions based on people's behavior and they way they look at a situation - but that's why I do for a living. I've got to look at their side, my side, attempt neutrality and strategize. Some people I deal with lie, and have more serious psychological problems than the rest of us. My experience and frustration probably comes out in these threads when I read some posts. And me being correct is not really important. I learn from people who challenge me - it makes me re-think. More of us should try it.

One example: if memory serves, Pelosi encouraged people to go to Chinatown in late February. de Blasio encouraged people to go to the movies, etc., [others opined that skipping the Chinatown parade over Covid-19 fears was racist], three weeks before NYC became the epicenter of the pandemic. Around mid-March de Blasio also said people should still be going out to eat at restaurants, emphasizing that the virus “does not transmit through food and drink.” Putting the entire blame on Trump for a "delayed response" is a bit disingenuous.

Paper towel seems to be fairly easy to come by, but TP is still a problem around here.

If you're desperate enough.. they can be interchangeable. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If you're desperate enough.. they can be interchangeable. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

300px-Modern_Problems_Require_Modern_Solutions.jpg

One example: if memory serves, Pelosi encouraged people to go to Chinatown in late February. de Blasio encouraged people to go to the movies, etc., [others opined that skipping the Chinatown parade over Covid-19 fears was racist], three weeks before NYC became the epicenter of the pandemic. Around mid-March de Blasio also said people should still be going out to eat at restaurants, emphasizing that the virus “does not transmit through food and drink.” Putting the entire blame on Trump for a "delayed response" is a bit disingenuous.

Look at the timeline as to number of cases, and siince we are mentioning names, who had the most information and the ability to lead - probably the guy who intelliigence briefed with the Presidential Daily Briefings - which represents the most sensitive intelligence. Was he telling these people, "Wait, you don't have the info I have. You are going to look foolish..." Doesn't look like it. It was a parade of errors. I will say no more about it.

Why people continue to try to politicize this, is baffling to me. I used to say EVERYBODY wants the same outcome. Sadly I dont think that is true anymore. I think there are three very large groups.

1. Hates President more than Loves America....Anything to make him look bad.
2. Loves President, nothing done will change that.
3. Those in the middle that just want to see a happy medium that takes care of those and areas that need care and opens up economy reasonably so that millions more don't lose work and have to rely on assistance if it even exists.

Genuinely I ask, because this is the perfect example of a post that didn't have to get political but did. Take out the opinion (not fact) about the President, include the link and nothing changes about your post. Why include it, other than to purposely work to divide?

And I am not trying to single this poster out, but its the perfect example of why things go political, when they don't have to. Nothing in the world changes about this post by not having the political segment to it, yet over and over on both sides there is more and more things said with the sole purpose to divide.

Maybe its a reflection of the country, that Orange Man Bad, therefore everything is his fault. Or a reflection of the people that are so self righteous that they think division is better than unity.

But I am saying it again, we have been incredibly lax and have allowed so much, but when we see posts (on both sides) that are made political when they dont have to be, something has to be said.

Bumping this post again.

Adding this again for those who think opening up the economy is "selfish" and all about crass materialism:

Ohio is opening up restaurant patios 5/15 and indoors 5/21 - I wonder if that means I will be able to get some beers to enjoy on the patio at the course after a round

Just don't flush a paper towel though unless you want to potentially tear your plumbing apart.
^ Can attest to this from recent experience.

Am I the only one that loves the hypocrisy of "you can't open restaurants you're gonna get my family killed, but I will continue to order Grubhub because if the restaurant workers or delivery drivers get it it doesn't effect me".

Numbers will likely shoot up... not because of gradual opening up, but from Coroners now attributing death to Covid-19 with no previous symptoms or testing. So if you get hit by a bus, gored by a bull, or fall in a wood chipper, you can be a Covid victim!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back