EXPERIENCE The 2020 Morgan Cup Sponsored By Cobra PUMA Golf: Want To Be A Tour Player

If I recall, all but one of team paradise has played at least one round. The other bought a net and has been to the range. I personally have played 11 rounds with mine. I am still trying to figure out the one length hybrids (specifically the 3h) but feel pretty comfortable with the rest of the set. Every club has had some fantastic shots. Well 3h has had one good shot, but to be fair, I know what I am doing and should be able to hit it.

How many rounds before you felt comfortable with the OL? I am thinking around 5 rounds for me on the OL forged tec. Obviously I am an amateur mid-cap player and will still have some really bad shots and holes, but after 5 rounds is when I stopped thinking so much about them being One Length.
Yeah I posted some details somewhere (it was a while ago now), but honestly it was almost zero learning curve. The PW looks really funny at first, but swing wise you just take the same swing and commit to the length. I played pretty good right out the gate with only a few minutes spent on the range! Obviously i'm playing as a 14 so i have plenty of horrible shots, but that's just me. Only time I think about it now is when someone asks me about them!

we already know I'm a big fan and new convert of these OL.
Yeah I posted some details somewhere (it was a while ago now), but honestly it was almost zero learning curve. The PW looks really funny at first, but swing wise you just take the same swing and commit to the length. I played pretty good right out the gate with only a few minutes spent on the range! Obviously i'm playing as a 14 so i have plenty of horrible shots, but that's just me. Only time I think about it now is when someone asks me about them!
i have posted thoughts elsewhere as well. I think the biggest challenge for me was the OL wedges (PW/GW). I have never been a great wedge player, but it was a struggle getting my new yardages and not swinging “easy”

the first few rounds, I had too many wedge shots where I think I eased up and hit 10 yards short, then tried to compensate later in the round and bladed 25 yards over. I have gotten more used to swinging the wedges same tempo as 7i

i have posted thoughts elsewhere as well. I think the biggest challenge for me was the OL wedges (PW/GW). I have never been a great wedge player, but it was a struggle getting my new yardages and not swinging “easy”

the first few rounds, I had too many wedge shots where I think I eased up and hit 10 yards short, then tried to compensate later in the round and bladed 25 yards over. I have gotten more used to swinging the wedges same tempo as 7i
Yeah, I stopped my OL at PW. Conversely I've had a spree of blading my normal length 50*,56* recently. Have to remind myself and commit to get down to and through the ball with the shorter shaft. :ROFLMAO: But your right, the longer clubs were almost no adjustment at all, a bit to remind myself to not swing "harder" with the 4i. Absolutely love how well I hit my 4i now!

Yeah, I stopped my OL at PW. Conversely I've had a spree of blading my normal length 50*,56* recently. Have to remind myself and commit to get down to and through the ball with the shorter shaft. :ROFLMAO: But your right, the longer clubs were almost no adjustment at all, a bit to remind myself to not swing "harder" with the 4i. Absolutely love how well I hit my 4i now!
Swinging harder is EXACTLY my problem on the OL hybrids. I ordered a OL 4i this week. I love my 5i

You swing was on point with these a couple weeks back. I think the OL was the right call for you!

You swing was on point with these a couple weeks back. I think the OL was the right call for you!
Yeah for sure! I've been working on my swing hard, but these clubs have certainly helped not hindered.

I was going to try to get in at least 9 holes this morning before going into work. But it was 38 degrees and breezy at 8am when I would have had to play. I'll try again Friday morning. Need to get reps in with the TRails.

Who has gotten to play with their new gear so far?

Asking for opening line purposes...
Yes sir, 5 rounds in for me. As I mentioned in an earlier post, all clubs are just plain awesome.

Don't do it... team rule! We've been over this, if you want iron covers you go to #OtherTeam
Do not think Paradise has any iron covers...

I have not been blessed to get out with the new clubs yet. I am also waiting on a replacement 7 iron, as my 7 iron head flew downrange about 100 yards. Sheered straight off from the shaft.

I played today in honor of what would have been travel day for me. Will post in the appropriate threads but this equipment is so much FUN to hit!

Everyone sporting Puma apparel when they are getting out? I need to grab some hats and shirts. I really like the Jackpot line from previous years.

I played today in honor of what would have been travel day for me. Will post in the appropriate threads but this equipment is so much FUN to hit!

That is fantastic.

Awesome to hear... !!!

and played very well. Inside money is going on Team Paradise from what I’ve seen the last few rounds...

and played very well. Inside money is going on Team Paradise from what I’ve seen the last few rounds...
lol, bring that inside money to Cincinnati - I'll gladly take it.

I see our past has netted me very little faith. :sneaky:

Yes please pour the early money on Paradise so I get better odds on Hackers late

I've played 2 rounds over the last 10 days with the new clubs. Those are the only 2 rounds I've played since last November.
A lot of good and some bad, mostly due to rust so I don't feel like I can make honest reviews on the clubs so I haven't yet.
With the weather finally changing here I'm hoping to get more and more rounds in and then start reviewing them on a round
to round basis. I will say this tho, the MIM wedges are 🔥🔥🔥.

To the participants:
I would like to know:
Handicap?
What was in your bag before?
What is in your Morgan Cup Bag?
Why did you pick what is in your bag?

Back