Am I the only one who hits my drives less than 250 yds here?

ddstanford

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Not wanting to call anyone out, but it seems like most posts I read are talking about their drives being 260-290+ yards. Is everyone here a pro or are yardages being exaggerated? I don't have yardage envy, just know mine will never reach that distance and neither will anyone I play with regularly. What's your secret ;)

Short knocker here. I average 225, according to my Garmin Golf stats.

I work out.

Seriously though, I'm sure some is exaggerated, some is misrepresented as the norm, etc etc, and I'm sure some of it could be that the people who don't just don't brag about their less than 250 drives as much.

And the people that do hit it longer usually don't talk as much about their crap drives. I average 271, but I can show you my shot chart, and there are plenty under 250. I think of myself as shorter than my peers, but I know it's well over the adult male average.

I don't know what my average, but my carry sucks on course. Around the 210 mark for carry I think.

Definitely not a big hitter. Working on improving everything I can to maximize what I have.

I think a lot of people confuse one or two shots for their average, and when on a monitor people’s distances tend to come down.

That said, sure there are some exaggerations by some here, it’s the internet, haha. But, there are also a lot of people who can truly move the golf ball out there a long way.

I think a lot of people confuse one or two shots for their average, and when on a monitor people’s distances tend to come down.

That said, sure there are some exaggerations by some here, it’s the internet, haha. But, there are also a lot of people who can truly move the golf ball out there a long way.
I've seen them and I am in awe, but they are rare and I play at 7,800 feet above sea level. Even played with a visiting pro a couple of weeks ago and I would guess he averaged 260-270.

Most amateurs don’t hit it as long as they think! Which is why arccos can help your game so quickly by confronting that fact, as well as other habitual misses. I’m don’t generally get out driven by the over 10 HC guys and my smart range is 230-275. Where is see the biggest differences is how often good golfers are in the short grass with a good look at the green.

I've seen them and I am in awe, but they are rare and I play at 7,800 feet above sea level. Even played with a visiting pro a couple of weeks ago and I would guess he averaged 260-270.

At 7800 ft?? Was he older? Old-ish? I'm trying to calculate in my head what that would be as sea level...

Not wanting to call anyone out, but it seems like most posts I read are talking about their drives being 260-290+ yards. Is everyone here a pro or are yardages being exaggerated? I don't have yardage envy, just know mine will never reach that distance and neither will anyone I play with regularly. What's your secret ;)
I know lots of THPers who hit the ball less than 250.

Seems like most of the time, those who are vocal about their distances have something to be proud of (or may not be completely familiar with their numbers lol)

Part of it is that on a forum, you are getting a condensed cross section of golfers. Your standard bell curve will almost always apply.

That said you forum golfer will tend to contain many of your very regular and avid golfers. So you may find that bell curve lean a little to one side or another.

I'll hit a few shots over 250 per round typically. But when averaged out over the course of several rounds, with some wicked slices, the average is lower than that.

I average 140, 150 on a really good day

If I could keep it straight I might get 250. I'm not afraid to say I hit less the 250 on average.

I went to the Distance Bash, so.....:LOL:

There are quite a few people here that can poke it. @Tevenor and @GraniteRoost can mash a ball something nasty, for example. There are a few others I have met at events that do the same. But honestly, distance is less important than accuracy. I would much rather talk about my significantly increased accuracy this season than how far I can hit it.

When I am on I can hit 250 but sadly my game is never on. I average close to 200 mostly because I suck with my driver.

I thought I was short. When I talk about distance it’s far from bragging, FAR from it. I’m open about it because I’m ok with it. Again I thought I was short..
Secondly, I’m really confused, I’m from Nebraska and we have a little higher elevation where I’m at for Nebraska. Now I might not be from Colorado but I live fairly close and I know Colorado, my point is doesn’t the ball fly further there due to elevation? You know like coors field the baseballs just fly out of that park regularly... 😐

No... I have like one really long drive a round.
most of the time it’s probably in the 250-270 range. There are some guys on these that have distance to all fields...

I mean I legit thought everyone in Colorado hit it a mile.

If you add the 30 yards I walk around in the woods looking for my slice in 3 minutes, yes I average 245 yards. 😉🤣🤣

There are quite a few THP'ers from NE Ohio that hit the ball in line with the upper numbers in your first post.

Back