Is Callaway in trouble

Just looked at this post prior to clicking it. Yeah I'll pass on reading it lol. MacGregor? Is this guy stuck in the 70s and 80s and even then...lol
That's not even the most remarkable part of that quote..

Their products have skyrocketed in quality over the last five years.
The ball that changed the ball was unreal branding.

Etc etc.

I was going to read the article, but before the meat comes there's this;

Callaway Golf is trying very hard to become the next MacGregor. The company continues to miss the mark on products, branding, and quality.

Wait what?
This is absolutely false, MacGregor? What?

Callaway Golf is trying very hard to become the next MacGregor. The company continues to miss the mark on products, branding, and quality.

Wait what?
I stopped at this point as well.. Seems like a hack job of an article..

I will say that their Social isn’t as good since Hashtag Chad left. Mainly because he was so good at his job.

I will say that their Social isn’t as good since Hashtag Chad left. Mainly because he was so good at his job.

I mean I would agree or observe that yes they have lost a step in terms of marketing or have a potential to have a LITTLE less success due to certain people leaving, but in trouble? no. They are a giant in the golf business. it would take years and years of just effing up to go the way of the mentioned companies.

Again, things will be different due to the personel changes and business aspect changes, but i think theyll be just fine haha. Still have really good R&D/engineers/marketing people to stay relevant and in the top echelon of golf.

I mean I would agree or observe that yes they have lost a step in terms of marketing or have a potential to have a LITTLE less success due to certain people leaving, but in trouble? no. They are a giant in the golf business. it would take years and years of just effing up to go the way of the mentioned companies.

Again, things will be different due to the personel changes and business aspect changes, but i think theyll be just fine haha. Still have really good R&D/engineers/marketing people to stay relevant and in the top echelon of golf.
I don’t disagree with any of this, I’m just saying that Hashtag was so good, that it would be hard not to lose a little without him.

I don’t disagree with any of this, I’m just saying that Hashtag was so good, that it would be hard not to lose a little without him.

of course. these days social media is super important for image and chad was certainly one of the best. not just in golf, but the social media game in general in terms of businesses using it properly. I wasn't disagreeing with your comment. Just adding to it.

This is a case of being contrarian ONLY for the sake of being contrarian which is poor form and a shot a clicks and clicks alone. But, it’s right up the alley of some for sure.

Click bait. Lots of opinions, but no backing. Sorry, no sale.

Wait what?

Miss the mark on products, branding, and quality? Oy vey...that is the problem with the Internet. One article, one person's opinion, and it becomes "fact".

Year in, year out, they release some of the best products in golf. I do think prices have went a little steep in some product lines (I have no clue what margins they are working on) but they make great products for any type of golfer.

Shame this article got so many posts here and us all clicking to read. As I look at the users viewing the thread I see 22.

Nothing in this article is worth really arguing about. Also, maybe it's just me, but I never heard of this website and kinda think they are just spewing an article to try and get them relative in the landscape by saying something controversial about one of if not the biggest golf company out there.

Wait what?
Did the sign Baddeley?

Truth be told I think the Mavrik name/spelling/color scheme is an odd choice. Performance is solid though from my little time with it.

Did the sign Baddeley?

Truth be told I think the Mavrik name/spelling/color scheme is an odd choice. Performance is solid though from my little time with it.
You’re not alone there at all. I have been critical of the name and color choices lately, but performance has always been there and then some.

You’re not alone there at all. I have been critical of the name and color choices lately, but performance has always been there and then some.

I was not a fan in the beginning but the burnt orange has kind of grown on me. Especially from the top where mixed in it almost looks copper.

Zero analysis, just perception venting. Callaway has been arguably at the top for awhile, and for critics jumping on the best is a proven recipe for clicks. Also some high profile departures and recent COVID-19 linked layoffs/furloughs can give off a negative perception. I listened to part of a podcast from another golf site where they speculated that Callaway may be losing some luster with the recent loss of key people. Some of those departures were very talented and high profile, and I can see how an industry connected site could form that kind of opinion when very good people leave. It is always ultimately about the people, but I remind myself that in MASH when radar left, Klinger filled the role quite well, just in a different way. ;) Change doesn't always have to be bad.

I'm sure Callaway will do as well as any other golf company in these turbulent times.

Youse guys are crazy. Everything is better with a little orange. Or a lot.

Zero analysis, just perception venting. Callaway has been arguably at the top for awhile, and for critics jumping on the best is a proven recipe for clicks. Also some high profile departures and recent COVID-19 linked layoffs/furloughs can give off a negative perception. I listened to part of a podcast from another golf site where they speculated that Callaway may be losing some luster with the recent loss of key people. Some of those departures were very talented and high profile, and I can see how an industry connected site could form that kind of opinion when very good people leave. It is always ultimately about the people, but I remind myself that in MASH when radar left, Klinger filled the role quite well, just in a different way. ;) Change doesn't always have to be bad.

I'm sure Callaway will do as well as any other golf company in these turbulent times.

I just want to say, I like how you tied MASH into a conversation about golf. :)

not enough blue

The blue comes when they get bounced from the playoffs. :D

<offcourse>
Also has ANY mascot in any sport been more universally hated than Gritty in his first 48 hours only to go to 100% awesome?
</offcourse>

What are we talking about again? Oh yeah...

Epic (Green) > Rogue (Jax Jaguars Teal) > Epic Flash (Green-IER) > Mavrik (Burnt Sienna)

Last edited:
I got this article on my news feed today. Not familiar with the website or the author. However it was an interesting read. What say you?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back