Is Callaway in trouble

Not that it matters, but I just did a quick stat check on the site - daily unique visitors 808, compared to THP daily unique visitors 5.410.

That author clearly has no information on sctuall
Not that it matters, but I just did a quick stat check on the site - daily unique visitors 808, compared to THP daily unique visitors 5.410.

That number is WAY WAY WAY WAY lower than our actual stats.

I'd have to agree with you. Love the brand, but not a fan of the past 2 releases from an aesthetic perspective.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I know the MAVERIK and Epic Flash are good clubs, but they could have came up with more eloquent names than that. The names with trying too hard from an aesthetic perspective with all the color is a bit juvenile in my estimation. Not to be the "get off my lawn" guy but just my opinion.

Unpopular opinion perhaps but I’m not a huge fan of the look of some of their newer equipment. Too many bright colors that don’t appeal to most in my opinion. This was what Nike had a similar problem with that when they were making clubs.
Can you compare a burnt orange or metallic green to Volt or bright metallic baby blue?

And looks are one thing, performance here is well beyond what Nike wished they could have done in metal woods.

And looks are one thing, performance here is well beyond what Nike wished they could have done in metal woods.

I totally agree. I definitely can't argue the performance.

I totally agree. I definitely can't argue the performance.
And that’s where the author of this “article” is a dink. Hahaha

I know the MAVERIK and Epic Flash are good clubs, but they could have came up with more eloquent names than that. The names with trying too hard from an aesthetic perspective with all the color is a bit juvenile in my estimation. Not to be the "get off my lawn" guy but just my opinion.

I really liked the green and yellow/gold. I mean...

1590784774313.png1590784804930.png

And with callaway it is really not much of an up charge (considering shaft costs etc) to go custom and get whatever color you want.

Lost all credibility with me when he referred to the MGS folks at good peeps.

Lost all credibility with me when he referred to the MGS folks at good peeps.

I am sure they are good people. I don't know though.

I am sure they are good people. I don't know though.
As journalists I don’t think so. They definitely play favorites, which does their followers a disservice.

I was going to read the article, but before the meat comes there's this;

Callaway Golf is trying very hard to become the next MacGregor. The company continues to miss the mark on products, branding, and quality.

Wait what?
I'll put it this way - the Rogue driver from Callaway was the first driver that I tried in years that actually made me switch from my Taylormade. Tough to call that missing the mark IMO.

I wonder what the author's handicap is......:unsure:

Early comments in this thread saved me the trouble of wasting my time reading the garbage written by some nobody with a vendetta. Thanks guys!

I'll put it this way - the Rogue driver from Callaway was the first driver that I tried in years that actually made me switch from my Taylormade. Tough to call that missing the mark IMO.
Especially considering the Rogue doesn't even crack my top three from them over the last five years.

They have done excellent things.

Especially considering the Rogue doesn't even crack my top three from them over the last five years.

They have done excellent things.

Exactly. Their releases since the rogue have been on point and incredibly good. All steps forward.

Exactly. Their releases since the rogue have been on point and incredibly good. All steps forward.
They've been on an upward trend ever since the Razr Fit Xtreme in my opinion.... and when I thought they were going to lose steam, they brought out Jailbreak which was incredible in its own right.

They've been on an upward trend ever since the Razr Fit Xtreme in my opinion.... and when I thought they were going to lose steam, they brought out Jailbreak which was incredible in its own right.

No need to tell me. I was on the Callaway wagon after getting fit into the Razr Hawk at a demo day.

No need to tell me. I was on the Callaway wagon after getting fit into the Razr Hawk at a demo day.
Their drivers are an obsession of mine... Although I keep ending up dumping them in my Dad's bag at the end of each year like it's actually a good idea... Miss my custom Epic Flash SZ.

Well shoot. I better just sell all my Callaway stuff now before everyone figures out their stuff is crap and the prices fall through the floor. Thanks for the hot tip, West Valentine dumb*ss.

After clicking on the picture of West Valentine, does anyone else think he looks like Happy Gilmore's caddy before he drank 500 bottles of whisky, forgot to get a haircut, lost his home and started cleaning windshields?
I had to Google around, ended up reading his holiday golf gift list article. Sounds like he's a cork sniffing golf hipster who likes high-end, obscure stuff. Maybe he figures internet buzz about his lame hot takes will drive traffic to his relatively unknown blog.

Well shoot. I better just sell all my Callaway stuff now before everyone figures out their stuff is crap and the prices fall through the floor. Thanks for the hot tip, West Valentine dumb*ss.
I'll buy it, I hope it's for song since it's all going to be like Wilson & McGregor. :ROFLMAO:

Back