First Look: Cobra KING Utility Iron

Its a good looking club.

Very nice! Not for me at the moment, but certainly a possible add in future.

2 Utility: 16-20 degrees (RH Only)
3 Utility: 18-21 degrees (RH or LH)
4 Utility: 21-24 degrees (RH or LH)

So my question is if you adjust the loft does the face angle change like in some drivers? That would be a non-starter for me. Otherwise looks great.

2 Utility: 16-20 degrees (RH Only)
3 Utility: 18-21 degrees (RH or LH)
4 Utility: 21-24 degrees (RH or LH)

So my question is if you adjust the loft does the face angle change like in some drivers? That would be a non-starter for me. Otherwise looks great.

the line is kinda blurring these days, but this seems more hybrid than utility iron.

Other than the adjustability, what makes this different from all the other utility/driving irons out there? I am guessing the quick removable and adjustable shaft is the main difference.

Cobra did a great job of making these look great and blending in with the Forged Tec irons. However I don't see anything there that I don't get with a SZ 4i that would make me want to switch with the exception of adjustability which I don't think is necessary

The idea of adjustability is really cool for an iron and that's definitely a selling point for someone like me. I'd also like to know if adjusting the loft would open/close the face like on some drivers.

Can you expand on that?

Based on two pictures, it looks huge and the adjustability thing. Obviously less data to go on that someone who has tested it for months.

Oh no, it’s all utility iron.

How is it size-wise compared to other utilities you have laying around?

yup, they nailed the looks. A perfect looking extension from the Forged Tec line. I don't know why, but I'm curious about the OL version of it.

Good looking utility iron. Just recently started looking at and thinking about adding that segment of club to my bag and was surprised, pleasantly I must say, that adjustability existed in these.

I quite like the looks of those, appears to have a simlar look at address as my Srixon ZU85 based on the pics in the thread
They just look so good. Not a chance in hell I would be able to hit them, but damn they look nice.
When we are allowed to get a round in down here, you can try my Srixon and see how easy they are to hit - you might be surprised

I want to put this side by side with my current cobra utility to compare...

I quite like the looks of those, appears to have a simlar look at address as my Srixon ZU85 based on the pics in the thread

When we are allowed to get a round in down here, you can try my Srixon and see how easy they are to hit - you might be surprised
Definitely, that would be great. Do you normally use it off the tee or the fairway?

Definitely, that would be great. Do you normally use it off the tee or the fairway?
At my home course, it is mainly a tee club for a number of holes where driver or 3W can put you in trouble, but I have used it off the fairway and also for the low punch shot between/under trees when I have been out of position

Shaft in it is the Recoil 95 F4 - only potential problem could be it is 1" long and 2 up due to me being a tall git lol

Ah, now I could use it fur punching out from under trees, I practice that shot on the course frequently :ROFLMAO: Like the thoughts of a low stinger type shot off the tee though, that would be good fun to try. An inch long and 2 up could get me in trouble though, I'm standard length and 1 flat - Can only imagine how far left I would end up!

Ah, now I could use it fur punching out from under trees, I practice that shot on the course frequently :ROFLMAO: Like the thoughts of a low stinger type shot off the tee though, that would be good fun to try. An inch long and 2 up could get me in trouble though, I'm standard length and 1 flat - Can only imagine how far left I would end up!
Just aim a bit right and then slice it :ROFLMAO:

Not sure where something like this would fit in my bag, but I do like the looks of these.

I love my Forged Tec 5i and think one of these will be inbound for me very soon! Not sure what shaft though?
It could be a good replacement for a certain club that shall remain unnamed.:quiet:

ive never hit a utility iron, im curious about the differences between a utility and hybrid in regards to hitting ability/playability/forgivenss from the rough.

ive never hit a utility iron, im curious about the differences between a utility and hybrid in regards to hitting ability/playability/forgivenss from the rough.
Everyone is different, but for me, hybrids just spun too much for what I was looking for at the particular spot in my bag, whereas the utility iron gave me the numbers that gapped well between my 3W and 4i

Back