NEWS PGA Tour Player Tests Positive for COVID-19

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Last week on the PGA Tour 487 people were tested for the virus and there were ZERO positives. This week there are rumors flying that we have had a positive test. We will assume based on HIPAA that the name will not be divulged, unless they do so themselves, but what are your thoughts?

covid_test_receipt_1920.jpg

Continue reading...

I think it's inevitable, and will continue to occur.

But, if the guys out there are doing all the right things, it should not spread. Remove the player, quarantine, and move on.

Well.. If they test positive, they're not able to continue playing. Not gonna speculate, but I am gonna look at the one WD today and probably speculate.

Interesting, but not earthshaking in my opinion, Don't know if its a player, caddie, or some other staff member, and assuming somewhere near the same numbers as last week, one out of almost five hundred is pretty small. If everyone is taking sensible precautions it shouldn't be a big deal, except for the one that tested positive. :confused2:

But, if the guys out there are doing all the right things, it should not spread. Remove the player, quarantine, and move on.
Exactly, these guys should all be less likely to have severe symptoms so isolate and move on.

Yikes. Didn’t we hear yesterday there were no positives? Are they doing daily testing?

Well.. If they test positive, they're not able to continue playing. Not gonna speculate, but I am gonna look at the one WD today and probably speculate.
Who withdrew? LOL

Never mind, I see Nick Whatney

Interesting, so I'm assuming it was a new test today. Yesterday's telecast said NO positive cases from yesterday's testing. Are they testing daily?

Interesting, so I'm assuming it was a new test today. Yesterday's telecast said NO positive cases from yesterday's testing. Are they testing daily?
Yes they are testing every day of the week practice rounds included.

I figured it’ll happen eventually.

Yes they are testing every day of the week practice rounds included.

yep, and apparently their test results are ready in an hour.

The players and caddies are tested at registration. Law of averages would suggest that sooner or later a positive result was going to appear.

Some leaders, especially in my state, believe we can stop the spread of the virus. It's the Barry Sanders of pathogens: we cannot stop it, we can only hope to contain it. It is not surprising to me that as interactions increase, the number of positive tests will also increase.

Interesting that someone tested positive today, and not yesterday. I think they are taking the right approach though. Player is removed from the tournament and the others continue on.
Now we wait and see if others test positive down the road.

Interesting that someone tested positive today, and not yesterday. I think they are taking the right approach though. Player is removed from the tournament and the others continue on.
Now we wait and see if others test positive down the road.
if i remember, they dont test everyone every day.

Some leaders, especially in my state, believe we can stop the spread of the virus. It's the Barry Sanders of pathogens: we cannot stop it, we can only hope to contain it. It is not surprising to me that as interactions increase, the number of positive tests will also increase.

I want to know immediately who wasn't wearing their mask.

That's the best description of Covid I have heard.

This ⬆️...

Was bound to happen and will continue to do so. Just remove the player and caddie and move forward.

Confirmed to be Nick Watney. Contact tracing will commence.

Back