The Car Shopping Thread

Pegasus got tinted today.

9F4D8DA2-DE62-4625-B17B-D801ED4FB7B7.jpeg

My new 2020 Ford F150 Platinum will be home early next week once the spray in bed liner and tonneau cover are Installed. 42A8908C-F0B0-4120-8871-17FD99CC755E.jpeg

Can't wait for the Bronco reveal on Monday! I've seen a few pics leaked that look amazing so far!

Can't wait for the Bronco reveal on Monday! I've seen a few pics leaked that look amazing so far!
Same here. I don't remember ever being this interested in a new vehicle. I just can't bring myself to order one without taking a test drive. To me that feels almost like buying a house based on pictures. If that ends up costing me a few months of waiting next year, I'm OK with that.

Same here. I don't remember ever being this interested in a new vehicle. I just can't bring myself to order one without taking a test drive. To me that feels almost like buying a house based on pictures. If that ends up costing me a few months of waiting next year, I'm OK with that.

Oh, I definitely don't see me ordering one without seeing it in person. The pre-order discount would have to be substantial.

The one they show at 1:30 in this video (and maybe showing on the preview shot) is really doing it for me.

Looks like we pulled the trigger about 10 days too soon. Dropped price today on the LR AWD $3,000 and the Performance by $1,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. Shockingly I am not too mad to be honest. There is always going to be an update or price drop in the future. My boss bought the Model X when it was 150K and can now be had for less then 100K for the same spec.

Yeah. Shockingly I am not too mad to be honest. There is always going to be an update or price drop in the future. My boss bought the Model X when it was 150K and can now be had for less then 100K for the same spec.

You might talk to your sales consultant and at least get on record asking about it. I went by and talked to mine. As expected they are getting hammered with calls and emails about it. They see the timing is not very good dropping the price 3 days after the quarter end 7 day return policy is up. So they are sending something to their supervisor looking for guidance and some type of concession to make it right. Wouldn’t be a big deal if they waited until the middle of quarter to do it. The timing was really bad though. Not a huge deal for me either. But $1000 is $1000.

You might talk to your sales consultant and at least get on record asking about it. I went by and talked to mine. As expected they are getting hammered with calls and emails about it. They see the timing is not very good dropping the price 3 days after the quarter end 7 day return policy is up. So they are sending something to their supervisor looking for guidance and some type of concession to make it right. Wouldn’t be a big deal if they waited until the middle of quarter to do it. The timing was really bad though. Not a huge deal for me either. But $1000 is $1000.

Ill be happy to be honest at my appointment tomorrow if they fix the fit and fitment issues.

Has anyone seen a 2020 Corvette on the road, let alone purchased one? I can't find one that's not over $100k despite a much lower sticker price.

The new Bronco is pleasing to the eye so far. I'll be scouring the site more over the next few day/weeks.

Bronco.PNG

The new Bronco is pleasing to the eye so far. I'll be scouring the site more over the next few day/weeks.
At least they're trying to make it cool looking....but it feels like a copy of the Wrangler which is iconic.

At least they're trying to make it cool looking....but it feels like a copy of the Wrangler which is iconic.

Oh, it's definitely going to put up some competition for the Wrangler. There's an argument that the Bronco is iconic, too. Competition is good. Jeep just teased the Wrangler crowd with a 6.4L V8 Wrangler concept. If the timeline holds true similar to the Gladiator, they'll be making those in about 10 years.

The Bronco looks amazing! I can't wait to see those in person next year.

The Bronco looks amazing! I can't wait to see those in person next year.
Aren't you in a Wrangler now, Kev?

Bronco looks real good, might go ahead and put a reservation in.

Saw one in Malibu last week. Still not impressed. Especially at $100k+
They've done that a lot over the years with the 'Vette intros. Build pre-sale hype and the prices at the dealers are waay high. (Ahem, Bronco.)
Wait it out. They always come down. Especially right now with no economic certainty to speak of.

They've done that a lot over the years with the 'Vette intros. Build pre-sale hype and the prices at the dealers are waay high. (Ahem, Bronco.)
Wait it out. They always come down. Especially right now with no economic certainty to speak of.
Have you seen Bronco prices at a dealer?

Aren't you in a Wrangler now, Kev?
Yeah but I think I'm thinking about selling it. We just don't put any miles on it. I need to replace some of the front suspension and steering parts and I'm not sure it's worth it.

Have you seen Bronco prices at a dealer?
I have not. Just noting the hype in here. ;)
I'm not sure Broncos are my thing anymore or Jeeps. Little more "outdoor adventure" than what I need.
I have no idea what I'd get at this point. So many recalls. I like that I just had airbags to do and nothing else thus far. That's a win.
Vehicles are needlessly complex sometimes.

Saw one in Malibu last week. Still not impressed. Especially at $100k+

Its impressive until you hit about 80K. After that I am not sure I buy in.

Back