PODCAST Off Course: Episode 14: Is Jack Full of It?

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show including discussing some polarizing topics including Jack Nicklaus being full of it and is golf etiquette dead. Hosted by Dan Edwards and Rob Miller, each Friday the hosts give you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before.

Episode 14 is here and we discuss the following topics.
Jack is Full of It
Golf Etiquette Being Dead
Is Distance a Skill?

Continue reading...

I loved this episode.

TWENTY PERCENT!!!!!!

Listened to the first little bit. Dan sounds like a great weekend round haha. Been there man.

can’t wait to finish on the way home.

omg why is Dan so angry.

I would totally hit into Dan.

I would totally hit into Dan.
I think it would take me two shots to hit into his drive. He’d know I was trying. I do not get the aforementioned 20%

Haven't even finished downloading it, but yes. Jack is full of it.

I am notorious for hitting into groups. I swear I don't do it on purpose, but I have come close to manslaughter.

I am notorious for hitting into groups. I swear I don't do it on purpose, but I have come close to manslaughter.

Easy fix.
Wait for them to move passed the 200 yard bush and you are in the clear. :D
or....Just add it to the weekend totals for your city :oops:

I'll be listening to this on my way to get my hair cut. YAY!

Easy fix.

Easy fix.
The murder rate in Lemont is very low, sir. :ROFLMAO:

If you subscribe, its just "there" :eek:

You forget my uncanny ability to forget about podcasts, and then come back to fifty of them :cautious:

The 2019 Masters played 570 yards longer than Jack’s last Masters win in 1986. Per the PGA website, the average drive went from 262 to 295 from 86 to 18. Seems like a corresponding increase to me, no need to roll it back, sorry Jack.

The 2019 Masters played 570 yards longer than Jack’s last Masters win in 1986. Per the PGA website, the average drive went from 262 to 295 from 86 to 18. Seems like a corresponding increase to me, no need to roll it back, sorry Jack.

Driver's need to be 320cc max. Ball needs to be rolled back.

Ball roll back is not just distance but control. I know a spinnier (skinny-IER?) ball can be made -- example Titleist makes a Pro V1 for Padraig that spins a ton -- but solid core balls are so much more consistent, I wonder how much difference it could make.

The conversation around Bryson is the same conversation golf has had with every new technological innovation in the game. There are historical records of correspondence to the governing bodies (including R&A) demanding stoppages to golf ball design from the feathery to gutta percha to wound. It's hysterical.

This tweet is also hysterical, unintentionally so.

The conversation around Bryson is the same conversation golf has had with every new technological innovation in the game. There are historical records of correspondence to the governing bodies (including R&A) demanding stoppages to golf ball design from the feathery to gutta percha to wound. It's hysterical.

Aside: Old-timey golf names are the best.

Driver's need to be 320cc max. Ball needs to be rolled back.

Ball roll back is not just distance but control. I know a spinnier (skinny-IER?) ball can be made -- example Titleist makes a Pro V1 for Padraig that spins a ton -- but solid core balls are so much more consistent, I wonder how much difference it could make.
In this case would control mean more punishing on mishits? And would a 320cc driver impact Bryson significantly? He whacks his 3W like he’s chopping lumber and still bombs it.

"...sink my teeth into this and play with Adam's emotions."

:mad:

In this case would control mean more punishing on mishits? And would a 320cc driver impact Bryson significantly? He whacks his 3W like he’s chopping lumber and still bombs it.

It should, in that the ball has to change as well.

But -- and this is a fair point -- some people are just BETTER at things than others, whether we're a fan of them or not.

Back