The Perfect Sandwich?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
No rules, other than it has to have 2 pieces of bread. Go!

Roast beef, turkey, bacon, lettuce tomato, red onion with spicy mustard toasted on rye bread.

Corned Beef
Pastrami
Spicy Mustard
Rye Bread

I really enjoy the "Rachael" sandwich.

Turkey and Swiss, cole slaw with Russian dressing on grilled (with butter) rye bread.

Fresh pickle, Dr. Brown's Black Cherry Coke and some Chocolate/Rasberry Rugelach to finish it off.

Wheat bread
Smoked turkey
Hard salami
Muenster cheese
Sriracha mustard

Chips and pickle on the side with a Dr. Pepper.

The Pastrama Momma from Momma Goldberg's Deli.

Pastrami (and a lot of it), pepper jack cheese, brown mustard and pickles on rye.

Point of order: does a roll count as bread?

This one from Kenny and Ziggy's....sooooooo good

Beauty and the Beef
Triple decker, roast beef, turkery, & Swiss cheese with lettuce, tomato, & Russian dressing

I'm a pretty simple guy. Give me the Club from Jersey Mikes.

Wheat Bread
Provolone Cheese
Turkey
Ham
Mayo
Onion
Lettuce
Banana Peppers
Applewood Smoked Bacon
Salt & Pepper

I also like a good Philly Cheese Steak. You can bet I'll be keeping an eye on the other posts in this thread to try.

Last edited:
Leftover Thanksgiving turkey, homemade Swedish Rye bread, Miracle Whip, sweet relish....college football!!

Point of order: does a roll count as bread?

I say yes, so the best sandwich in my world is the Ribwick from PJ's Bar-B-QSA in Saratoga Springs.

Charcoal grilled ribs, deboned, on a Kummelweck roll (kaiser roll topped with coarse salt and caraway seeds.)

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Turkey, bacon, swiss, tomato, cole slaw, 1000 island dressing on pumpernickel bread

Corned Beef or Pastrami on grilled sourdough with swiss and coleslaw and thousand island.

Close second would be the same with Turkey.

1. Hot Corned beef,
2. Melted Monterrey Jack Cheese
3. toasted Sour dough.
4. Grilled onions, peppers, mushrooms
5. Little mayo and mustard.

I'm a pretty simple guy. Give me the Club from Jersey Mikes.

Wheat Bread
Provolone Cheese
Turkey
Ham
Mayo
Onion
Lettuce
Banana Peppers
Applewood Smoked Bacon
Salt & Pepper

I also like a good Philly Cheese Steak. You can bet I'll be keeping an eye on the other posts in this thread to try.

I think that's got the be pretty close to mine. In both cold and hot categories.

It’s a Sunday in September. The U.S open is on. It’s two hours before Bryson and Brooks tee off in the final group and it’s lunch time. I refuse to leave the house so I decide to make THIS perfect sandwich.

Wheat bread slice (slightly toasted)
Layer of lite mayo
Layer of buffalo chicken deli meat
Pepper jack cheese
Smoked turkey (preferably boars head)
Spicy brown mustard

Sour cream and cheddar ruffles with a helluva good French onion dip. Pickle, and a crisp cola that I will later add crown royal to once Brooks and Bryson start throwing punches. All is good in the world. Even if just for a day.

Warm thinly sliced rare Roast Beef, Mozzarella cheese, MAYO, on toasted garlic bread.

feel free to replace mayo with russian.

It’s a Sunday in September. The U.S open is on. It’s two hours before Bryson and Brooks tee off in the final group and it’s lunch time. I refuse to leave the house so I decide to make THIS perfect sandwich.

Layer of lite mayo
Layer of buffalo chicken deli meat
Pepper jack cheese
Smoked turkey (preferably boars head)
Spicy brown mustard

Sour cream and cheddar ruffles with a helluva good French onion dip. Pickle, and a crisp cola that I will later add crown royal to once Brooks and Bryson start throwing punches. All is good in the world. Even if just for a day.

Your attention to detail in this post is mesmerizing in a good way.

Corned Beef
Pastrami
Spicy Mustard
Rye Bread

yup, this!

Known as #11 ADAMS from Schmaltz Deli( An amazing combo of warm SCHMALTZ FAMOUS CORNED BEEF and PASTRAMI stacked on marble rye with spicy mustard. )

Half-pound burger patty on an onion roll with bacon, sharp cheddar cheese, lettuce, sliced sweet onions, thinly sliced tomato, mayo, mustard, ketchup, chunky peanut butter, and bacon jalapeño jam.

My "I'm still 12 sometimes" answer would be chunky peanut butter, sliced bananas and blackberry jam on white bread.

yup, this!

Known as #11 ADAMS from Schmaltz Deli( An amazing combo of warm SCHMALTZ FAMOUS CORNED BEEF and PASTRAMI stacked on marble rye with spicy mustard. )

In Naperville? Love that place, been there many times.

In Naperville? Love that place, been there many times.

Correct, they just opened a location in Wheaton also. One of my favorites and has become the stop for lunch on our way to the Zoo with the kids.

Cranberries, Rocket and Gorganzola on crusty rustic bread fresh out the oven.

I've had that one four or five times, best sandwiches by far that I've ever eaten. Drink a lemonade and ginger beer "Gunner" with it. The perfect summertime lunch.

Fresh tomatoes from the garden, thick sliced bacon, and green onion mayo on fresh Wonder classic.

Back